Historical Map of Tyria: GW1 locations overlaid on the GW2 map

Saw this on Reddit earlier. I think it's way cool. Pretty interesting contrast of how the world has changed.

http://zoom.it/TWLx#full

Also pretty awesome to see how certain areas fell into ruin; Temple of Ages, Oola's Lab, etc. Or what Yak's Bend is now in game.

I suppose this is fan service-y.

This is so awesome. I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

That walk from Serenity Temple to the searing crystal east of it is an awesome throwback-complete with wandering rock elementals who will surely be there in GW3.

Deleted
    Awersome stuff! For lore fans its great source
    !

10+ Year Old Account
    whats the dragons lair on the big branded area? i know its not the dragon thats supposed to ahve caused the branding to happen since you can fight it in blazeridge so waht is or was it?

You only fight a lieutenant of Kralkatorrik in Blazeridge; The Shatterer. He didn't cause the brand, Kralkatorrik did.

Deleted
    I think the Dragon's Lair was Glint's Lair (old champion of Kralkatorrik). The large crystal area at the end of the dragon brand is where the big battle took place from the Edge of Destiny book

That's pretty neat. Droknar's Forge feels kind of out of place and too far to the right, but that's probably because there's now something to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    That's pretty neat. Droknar's Forge feels kind of out of place and too far to the right, but that's probably because there's now something to the left.
    No thats the right spot. Found it myself in game after compairing the maps. Probably the reeason it feels out of place is that area went from frozen tundra to tropical swamp. seems sparkfly kinda expanded into that area from the west. Either way if you examin the coastline on the two maps they line up almost perfectly. That and the sub zone for that spot is called Sunken Droknah in game.

And brader is right, that dragon's lair is the mission location in GW1 for where glint was located.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    No thats the right spot. Found it myself in game after compairing the maps. Probably the reeason it feels out of place is that area went from frozen tundra to tropical swamp. seems sparkfly kinda expanded into that area from the west. Either way if you examin the coastline on the two maps they line up almost perfectly. That and the sub zone for that spot is called Sunken Droknah in game.

And brader is right, that dragon's lair is the mission location in GW1 for where glint was located.
    Allegedly it's due to the volcano making the place warmer

Disappointed we can't go to anvil rock
    Or that alot of cool places are now inside mountains
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Is it weird that I'm more impressed with the size rather than the actual map?

10000x10000 px. Not every day you see that.