Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

No poor people will have their taxes affected by romney. Obama plans to cut off the bush tax cuts (or whatever they are called), thats your EIC. The free money the irs gives you for having babies (another issue).

Minus the eic credit and your boss cappin you at 29.5 hours a week (forcing you to pay for obama care, 30hours = boss has to pay) are you really going to be doing better?
    Romney dis information campaign seems to be working if this guy does not know Obama is keeping the tax cuts for people making less then 250k

Minus the eic credit and your boss cappin you at 29.5 hours a week (forcing you to pay for obama care, 30hours = boss has to pay) are you really going to be doing better?
    Get a job where your employer isn't fucking awful!

Market forces!

Its a loophole in the system, stop barking at me like im a ceo

If you have a better definition of a "full time employee" im sure they would love to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Romney dis information campaign seems to be working if this guy does not know Obama is keeping the tax cuts for people making less then 250k
    tell me good sir, does your boss/company make more than 250k a year?... I bet it does... thus their tax burden will rise... /bye...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    tell me good sir, does your boss/company make more than 250k a year?... I bet it does... thus their tax burden will rise... /bye...
    My boss's personal income tax rate does not effect the profits of the company and the Obama administration does not want to increase the corporate tax rate.

Not tricky stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    "Tax cuts" have nothing to do with the EIC. Any accountants here to explain how these work? Either way you arent gonna get one, but technically your taxes wont increase.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    No poor people will have their taxes affected by romney. Obama plans to cut off the bush tax cuts (or whatever they are called), thats your EIC. The free money the irs gives you for having babies (another issue).
    Romney's tax plan is very vague, but the details we have so far is that he will lower taxes and pay for it by cutting deductions. Ignoring all those mathematicians that say it is impossible to make this work, taxes would be lower, but most deductions (if not all of them, because Romney's campaign hasn't given details) will be gone. That means the poor, which usually get an income tax refund because of deductions will probably end up paying something.

You did see the 47% video, right? About how Romney looks down on the 47% of Americans that don't pay income taxes, even though that number includes the elderly, college students (like myself), and the impoverished. Cutting taxes isn't about lowering taxes for citizens, its about lowering taxes for businesses, which is good and bad, since both small business and big business will benefit.

Edit: Not to mention, as another poster said, Obama is extending tax cuts for the middle class and only ending the cuts for the wealthy.
    Last edited by Jargan; 2012-10-15 at 02:49 AM.

The votes remain anonymous, it can't cost them their job. At the end of the day it's just propaganda, just like there is smothered everywhere else before elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.