Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    MoP has quite the flaws atm... (pvp wise)... havent done any pve really... but there is alot of stuff to do with makes it ait i guess, its certainly better then cata (exept start of cata, was quite nice when the HC / raids / pvp and all)...
    Best way is too judge for yourself i reckon.
    its 50/50 like/hate for me atm...

I'll toss my 2 cents in:

• Leveling takes an immense amount of time. Imagine the 84-85 grind (pre-nerf) for all 5 levels.
    • Flying is given yet another charge of 2500g, required level 90. Wpvp is no longer avoidable while leveling if you're on a PvP realm.
    • The new zones were done very well, and are beautiful.
    • Professions have left many confused. Gems are going for dirt cheap already, enchanting materials aren't as important anymore, Blacksmithing relies on other professions to level, cooking now incorporates a new faction and is a mess to level, etc.
    • Most of the endgame content consists of dailies. While a couple factions are completely optional, in order to use your VP you're required to grind. They took away reputation tabards, and the grind is painfully slow.
    • Dungeons are unique. Bosses all seem to have new mechanics, and even the reused dungeons feel new. Heroics open up easily, I got in with mostly quest gear.
    • JP and VP have been severely nerfed. While gear costs have remained the same, JP gear is lesser than heroic gear and VP income is very, very slow. I guess this was the trade for having stupid-easy dungeons.
    • Raiding, although it's only the first one released, seems easy. I'm fond of the 3 extra loot rolls I get from turning in 90 daily quest tokens.
    • World bosses are back, and are 40-man encounters.
    • PvP is dominated by certain classes right now. Warriors can kill a player within a shockwave stun, Mages can just about 1-shot people as well as CC/Heal/Escape worse than ever, Druid healing and speed can get ridiculous, and Hunters have a burst comparable to Warriors.
    • Many, many small things were changed that myself and quite a few other players don't understand. Guild summons were removed, the quick and the dead was nerfed, my scorescreen toggle in BG's is now right next to the leave BG button, ghost flying mounts were not added to MoP zones although the zones are massive and mountainous, and a ton of other small things were messed with.
    • Lastly, and this one is my opinion, but the whole "We're gonna make this expansion feel like a war between Horde and Alliance" really doesn't fit. After the initial intro quests, every damn zone pretty much boils down to "oh man, there's a Sha/Mogu/Bug people/Monkey People here. You guys can help, right?"

The game has it's ups and downs. Depending on your tastes it's either the best expansion yet or a horrible, boring grind.
    Last edited by Dyros; 2012-10-14 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKenny View Post
    It's the best expansion for WoW yet and it got tons of endgame content.
    As a PvPer you have 2 new types of Battlegrounds and a new arena season.
    As a PvEer you have 3 new raids (14 bosses) in LFR, Normal and HC mode.
    Above that there are lots of dailies for you to do, Pet Battles (which is awesome), new dungeons and Scenarios.
    Thats 16 bosses 18 if u count the 2 world bosses.

To be honest i hate the new talent tree system. i dient watch any news of mist of pandaria but its just, dumbed down the playstyle for classes.

anyone feel the same?

the positive might be the scenery. tho its old grahpic and such but the feeling getting into first level zone is nice. whit the aesthetic.

but ive played it for too long, most of my friends is gone, most of them are on different realms with full servers... but i will try it till the end. tho i only have 1 month left before it expire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    Which are mandatory to progress in the game. I did them on my lock and slowly lost interest until i made it past them. Upon realizing I have 8 more 85s to level through them, I can't help but cringe at the thought. If the first two zones are bad, it makes it hard to want to return.
    Valley isn't mandatory, you can do Krasarang Wilds instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The majority of the choices you get to make are already pretty braindead choices with only one 'best' choice if you know your class well
    No difference from the old system, then.

I think this expansion is a lot better than Cataclysm. I enjoy playing it so much

Deleted
    Yes, it's worth it.

Whether its worth more than a month or twos sub is up for debate.

Bliz seam to have gone out of their way to make the game at level Cap an annoying boring quest grind, where players screw over each other due to limited mobs/items and hundreds of players all crammed into the same small area to compete for them.

Pandaria is good, the instances are good, but double rep grinds and endless dailies, messed up professions and alas being made pointless unless you run them like main characters, mean this expansion, whilst worth getting and playing through, is probably not going to hold my sub for more than another month.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    To be honest i hate the new talent tree system. i dient watch any news of mist of pandaria but its just, dumbed down the playstyle for classes.

anyone feel the same? .
    Yep.

Most choices seam pretty pointless really in either pvp or pve, you can ignore most of the teirs and not notice tbh.

Plus, I've been going for passives on the basis that it's not another damm button to find an action bar slot for....bloat is definitely getting out of hand.

Also, having levelled a monk, it's boring as shite to levell and not get anything, one boring talent every 15 levels is crap, at least talent points like before gave me an impression of levelling up, even if it was a bit misleading as they did very little, at least I got to put a point in something and feel like I was increasing in power,under the current system, it's crap, levelling up feels pointless now.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-10-15 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    Questing is tight. Lots of dailies but you don't really need to do them all, because if you do them all everyday you're gonna hit the rep caps way before you have valor points to buy all the gear, so don't worry if you focus on some more or skip a few dailies here and there (if you really dislike them you can just do one or two faction at a time and still be FINE).

Raids so far... Well, only MsV is up so I can't judge the other two, but this one is really nice! Probably going to be up there in the top with the best raids in WoW, imo. For instance, Dragon Soul was never a complex raid in terms of mechanics - any difficulty was due to DPS checks or healer straining - while MsV brings back fun, interesting and complex mechanics to overcome (I really liked Main Tanking 25-man Stone Guard, really fun boss to tank). Elegon is a massive clusterf**k right now but mostly due to undergearing issues. We've got all the movements and transitions nailed but we always go down to Enrage on about 10%, hoping to get him down today as I'm benching our two lower DPS to bring two good ones (and the ones I'm benching are already stacked classes).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll put it this way, and take it how you will:

You will not just be sitting in a city queuing for things.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2012-10-15 at 08:04 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    It's the worst expansion yet imo, dailies are lame, dungeons are easy but there's almost no point in doing them since JP/VP takes way too long to get and VP is bound to reputation (which I have no plans on grinding) pet battles are boring. Scenarios are a joke. Worst of all (for me) it's very alt-unfriendly with slow, boring leveling from 85-90, reputation grinds and no flying until 90. This is the fastest I've ever been bored with an expansion with cataclysm close in 2nd.
    Ok reading this. If you have played in TBC. Couldnt fly till your 70... Why so much hate on the flying thing. I like it that way. I leveled 2 chars to 90. third one coming now. And with each char i did different quest. I love it so far. And just because i cant fly for 2-3 world wont end...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodkha View Post
    Now, just from word of mouth I've heard Mists is a lot better. So instead of going and looking on review sites, bound to be full of butt-hurt children, I want to hear it from you guys. So, thoughts?
    If you like dailies, or at least don't mind them too much, Mists is great.

If you don't want to spend much of your time on them, stay away.

It's a matter of personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it worth the money?

no, not to me at least.

Grinding dailies, pet battles that are extremely imbalanced, Raids that suck compared to BC and Wotlk, you get to 90 and you have two options, grind for PvE gear, or Dont grind for pve gear and fall behind.

For pvp, you have two options, hunter or warrior, try again next expansion.

Just an aging game. was fun for 6-7 years , now its just falling off.

WoW will be 7 million by christmas. guaranteed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanth View Post
    Why so much hate on the flying thing. I like it that way.
    Good for you!

Some people enjoy questing at a slow pace, others hate questing and want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Again, it's personal preference.

Deleted
    personally i think its pretty dam awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Good for you!

Some people enjoy questing at a slow pace, others hate questing and want to get it over with as quickly as possible.

Again, it's personal preference.
    Then they should know that this is a RPG, not a shooter.

Deleted
    MoP is one damn good expansion, if you are not rushing trough everything, just to focus on one end-game part at lvl90.

Deleted
    Some like it.
    Some don’t.

The only way to find out which category you fall in to, is buy it and try it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    is it worth the money?

no, not to me at least.

Grinding dailies, pet battles that are extremely imbalanced, Raids that suck compared to BC and Wotlk, you get to 90 and you have two options, grind for PvE gear, or Dont grind for pve gear and fall behind.

For pvp, you have two options, hunter or warrior, try again next expansion.

Just an aging game. was fun for 6-7 years , now its just falling off.

WoW will be 7 million by christmas. guaranteed.
    Didn't realize WLK had any great raid instances besides Ulduar (and about 4 of the bosses in ICC). Vaults is already better then most of the raids released in this game.