Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question I haven't read any reviews yet, is MoP worth it?

Hey, I'm sure you guys get these threads daily, and I'm probably a pain in the ass. But I unsubbed after getting really bored with Cata endgame. Now, just from word of mouth I've heard Mists is a lot better. So instead of going and looking on review sites, bound to be full of butt-hurt children, I want to hear it from you guys. So, thoughts?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know the best review out there OP? Know what? How about you try it like really, That's the only way you can truly judge.

Or you can listen to metacritic cause you know It's OBVIOUSLY 100% TROLL PROOF!

That post seemed a bit aggressive. I just want your opinions on the game, not reviews on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodkha View Post
    That post seemed a bit aggressive. I just want your opinions on the game, not reviews on it.
    Naw I'm not aggressive and I can't even be aggressive if I wanted too for obvious reasons but that's honestly the best answer there however since you did ask for an opinion I'll give you mine

It is truly one of the best expansions that I've ever played and I've been playing for 7+ years mind you take that how you will

I've played it a lot by now, I've got 2 90's and a monk coming up soon.

So far I've done most of the content (apart from raiding, only killed 3 bosses in Mogushan). I can tell you that there is sooooo much good, solid, fun stuff to do and compared to Dragon Soul, even when it was new, it's a whole other experience. Mogushan is the first raid, it's entry level, but it is actually quite challenging and most importantly the fights are well done and super fun. I've never PvP'ed, so can't tell you anything about that.

Almost 3 weeks in I've still got loads of things to do across all my characters that I currently play and I've still not done any Pet Battles or Challange Modes yet, although I can't wait to do both when I get the time.

I'll give it a solid 8 or 9 out of 10, it's, for me at least, the most fun I've had in WoW the last 7 years... Take it for what it is :]

Play it, dude. I've seen a lot of people here go from "omg pandas" to "hmmm, this isn't so bad". If you like WoW and want to continue your adventure then "just play it" is the best answer I think you can really get. Some things you may not like and some things you may love and wish it was implemented years ago. Try it out and after a month or so decide if its worth the re-sub.

Already now I think it is worth it, the questing was great, although it is a bit tedious doing so many dailies a max level, you still dont have to do them if you dont want to. The current raid is very nicely tuned, I can't do anything but look forward for the next 2 raid releases and upcoming patches.

It's.... decent.

The quests are themed around protecting pandas farms, and helping them make beer, so if you like that then you'll enjoy the quests.
    There's a fun grind with the reputations, where you grind reps to unlock more grindable reps. Also PvP is really good right now.
    Plus pet battles are cool, and they're not a waste of balancing time, because PvP is totally balanced.

I haven't raided, but I hear it's similar to t11, just gated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

You guys got my hyped. I'm gonna do it.

Deleted
    Raids are well tunes,
    LFR is still Mouth breather easy (good for passing the time)
    World boss's (one of which spawns every 10-20 mins it seems)
    Enough Dailies to keep everyone busy

and thats just the tip of the iceberg of content.
    Mists is looking like it could be as good as TBC was, and that to me personally was the best the game has been in a very very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    My story goes after a few days of MoP Release I went back without the expansion because I still had my pass and all my guildies were back... Deep down I had the feeling that I wanted a purpose not to go back, so I said to myself I wouldn't. A couple days later I did, and I'm still playing. But I play WoW because I love raiding and I love the group cooperation and social aspects and how everything seems to fit. There's still stuff I don't agree with but there will always be and I can deal with it.

In all honesty you should just go back and try it for yourself, you're the only deciding factor.

The Monk class is pretty interesting, I was interested in the healing spec but knowing you have to auto attack to heal kind of swayed me but I still think they are cool.
    The story line makes sense and works.
    LFR is easy
    Heroic dungeons are easy.
    Dailies fucking everywhere (im not doing them)
    Shit ton of new mounts
    Can only use ur valor if you have rep with the factions of pandaria (honored and revered, exalted is for mounts and such)
    You can upgrade your raid gear with valor (supposedly in later patch)
    Last edited by WarpV2; 2012-10-14 at 04:31 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/WoofiesIGN - Shoot me some feedback too! It would be much appreciated!
    GW2 Guild on Sea of Sarrow - www.ssgw2.enjin.com
    SPECS:Windows 7 64-bit/AMD Phenom II X4 925 (OC:3.3MHz)/8.00GB-DDR3@802MHz/ASUS M5A97/AMD Radeon 6770

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah and keep this in mind OP, It's literally one of the grindiest expansions daily wise literally but you aren't exactly FORCED to do them.

Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    It's.... decent.

The quests are themed around protecting pandas farms, and helping them make beer, so if you like that then you'll enjoy the quests.
    There's a fun grind with the reputations, where you grind reps to unlock more grindable reps. Also PvP is really good right now.
    Plus pet battles are cool, and they're not a waste of balancing time, because PvP is totally balanced.

I haven't raided, but I hear it's similar to t11, just gated.
    I see you have only done 1-2 Zones in the Entire of MoP. As only Kun-lai and Valley really have quests like that.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

It's the best expansion for WoW yet and it got tons of endgame content.
    As a PvPer you have 2 new types of Battlegrounds and a new arena season.
    As a PvEer you have 3 new raids (14 bosses) in LFR, Normal and HC mode.
    Above that there are lots of dailies for you to do, Pet Battles (which is awesome), new dungeons and Scenarios.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even if you're inclined to, don't ever listen to critics for an MMO, I've found them to be incredibly inaccurate when it comes to MMO reviews, mostly because critics are given such a short time frame to play a game and then review it so it's either rushed, half assed, incomplete, or all of the above. Many user reviews, either on review sites like metacritic, or even here on the forums are going to be bias in one way or the other. It's going to be "OMG best thing since (insert favorite sexual position)!!!" or "OMG worst thing since soggy diarrhea!!!!!!"

Just play it for yourself. It's an incredibly good expansion in my opinion and I like it much more than any of the others so far, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2012-10-14 at 04:56 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

sofar, its better then both wrath and cata. need to see more of the raids thou be4 i can judge if its better then tbc..
    The gating of raids is imo a big minus, also the "every1 is gonna progress together none gets ahead" mentality blizz have is getting on my nerves.

Thou on the positive side, the questing is better then ever. the zones are beatiful. The story lines is compelling enough, there are alot of factions to grind rep with at 90 (and most of them have at least some kind of way to farm additional rep over the dailys).
    The heroics are ofc a dissapointment, but what heroic lacks challengemode make up for, its a really enjoyable difficulty setting. to bad it doesnt drop any loot, meaning any1 who still have 450 in 1 or 2 slots will not wanna run challengemode because of it. Finding grps there is hard.

The raremobs are awesome! They are fun to fight, and gives you a good way to farm stuffs to seel on ah (if ur on a dead server like i am) and they also drops hillarious vanity items. They are my major source of income :P

The lore masters faction is awesome! give you alor of lore info on pandaria and all its species

most new itemsets looks really good!

There are a ton of new mounts, wich unfortunatly make them all lose pretty much any value.. thou i must admit, they are very beatiful

Edit: oh i forgot! PVP is quite unbalanced atm (not as bad as it was early wrath but its still pretty bad). Thou on teh positive side of pvp, the 2 new bgs are really fun! normally i dont care much for bgs but these 2 new ones i really do enjoy. and none of them ever risk becoming long and boring. they are pretty high paced and intense!
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2012-10-14 at 05:03 PM.

before i say anything about mop, i was seriously upset durring cata. i hated it, the dungeons and raids were bad, not a whole lot to do other than to sit in SW and scratch your ass. it was the only time i un-subbed for months without giving a shit.

i bought mop 2 days ago out of boredom. so far, at the level of 87, i'm having a pretty good time. questing has been fun, the 2 dungeons i've done were FUN with a hint of difficulty. i'm totally addicted to pet battles. and i gotta say the changes to the priest class were a little overwhelming at first, but now i'm getting the hang of it. i also think a lot of the new talents makes your character more unique, there is no right or wrong, everything is opinionated.

it feels like blizz was trying this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the worst expansion yet imo, dailies are lame, dungeons are easy but there's almost no point in doing them since JP/VP takes way too long to get and VP is bound to reputation (which I have no plans on grinding) pet battles are boring. Scenarios are a joke. Worst of all (for me) it's very alt-unfriendly with slow, boring leveling from 85-90, reputation grinds and no flying until 90. This is the fastest I've ever been bored with an expansion with cataclysm close in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I see you have only done 1-2 Zones in the Entire of MoP. As only Kun-lai and Valley really have quests like that.
    Which are mandatory to progress in the game. I did them on my lock and slowly lost interest until i made it past them. Upon realizing I have 8 more 85s to level through them, I can't help but cringe at the thought. If the first two zones are bad, it makes it hard to want to return.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's more important to you. Gameplay or story?

This game has great gameplay but ever slipping story.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)