Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lion's Landing screenshots

Lion's Landing

While we all bicker about the various soundfiles datamined from the PTR build, I remembered that the PTR is actually up and I decided to check out the new Alliance fortress in Krasarang Wilds, Lion's Landing. While flying mounts are restricted in and around the new strongholds, I was able to get close enough on my flying mount to give you the above screenshot before I was booted off.

Here's a closer look at the new Alliance ships. They seem to be based on the pirate ship model, but with tons more armor, much shinier, and of course Alliance colors.

Along with the ships, we also have another Gnomish submarine docked at Lion's Landing. No idea if it's ever relevant to the quests, but hey, Gnomish submarine.

The Draenei vindicatiors are out in force at Lion's Landing and I was honestly shocked by how many were present (aside from humans and dwarves, they easily outnumber every other Alliance race combined). Also, it seems every last one of them is working on their Tushui Pandaren rep judging from the tabards.

What's left of the crew from Jade Forest is back. The Worgen Druid in the background seems to be literally the only Worgen in Lion's Landing, but since she also happens to hand out dailies players will be interacting with her fairly often.

Right next door is Troteman and a vendor that exchanges Horde insignias for various items. Keeshan is oddly not present as far as I could tell, but perhaps he'll show up later. By the way, I believe the Horde ship in the background is one of the ones destroyed near Garrosh'ar point in the Jade Forest intro, and has absolutely nothing to do with the new quest hubs. They really need to phase it out...

Within one of the two keeps in Lion's Landing is our friend Twinbraid from the Southern Barren's campaign. From my understanding he's a sort of PvP world boss for the Horde.

And finally for those wondering where the Skyfire is in all of this, I found it leading the Alliance's offensive on Dominance Hold. When you have what amounts to a flying stronghold, it makes sense to use it offensively.

By the way, this was all just a quick preview and I probably barely scratched the surface on new Alliance content in 5.1. Overall if Blizzard's goal with the patch was to bring the war to Pandaria, they most definitely succeeded.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Troteman? Twinbraid? Taylor, Sully and Mishka are back in business? Alliance base that isn't merely half-finished?

*head explodes from the sheer awesomeness*

Please, Amber, be alive too...

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you even log into the ptr? I have 2 different computers, neither work. One crit errors while logging in, and the other freezes at 90% and then dces after a few mins.

"Twinbraid" I think I know where they got his name >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see all of these old faces popping up again.

Where are the Horde pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Shukuku View Post
    Where are the Horde pictures?
    I don't have a level 90 Horde character as it stands and there are no premades available. Someone else will have to do a thread for Dominance Hold.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How did you even log into the ptr? I have 2 different computers, neither work. One crit errors while logging in, and the other freezes at 90% and then dces after a few mins.
    Are you a PTR client you downloaded from 5.0 or earlier?, if you are then you'll need to erase it all and redownload the PTR from scratch. Yes it's inconvenient to the extreme, but it should work.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh Draenei!

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Anyone noticed that Horde Settlements is usually always named after concepts like Conquest, Dominance, taking over something, slaugthering, killing and massacre?
    While the Alliance Settlements is usually always named after concepts like Honor, Justice, Defending, or protecting something.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2012-10-14 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Good to see the Draenei are getting some face time. Hopefully they'll be getting some proper lore soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    Anyone noticed that Horde Settlements is usually always named after concepts like Conquest, Dominance, taking over something, slaugthering, killing and massacre?
    While the Alliance Settlements is usually always named after concepts like Honor, Justice, Defending, or protecting something.
    yeah 'cuz "landing" is a very honorable thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    yeah 'cuz "landing" is a very honorable thing...
    Lions represent honor and courage. We weren't talking about Landing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Lions represent honor and courage. We weren't talking about Landing.
    Of course they would, to the Alliance. Lions are their bloody mascots.

To the Horde, dominating and conquering represent the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Of course they would, to the Alliance. Lions are their bloody mascots.

To the Horde, dominating and conquering represent the same thing.
    I know, the guy above me was trying to say that Lions Landing had nothing to do with Alliance ideals, but he ignored Lion's and just went for landing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I know, the guy above me was trying to say that Lions Landing had nothing to do with Alliance ideals, but he ignored Lion's and just went for landing
    it was a joke, "alliane fanboy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10$ says it gets destroyed by the end of 5.1, and the horde base gets a few scratches/left untouched.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow cool to see some draenei in action!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Your posts are not funny. Quit it...

On-Topic: Very nice thread, and thank you for the pictures. I look forward to crushing some Horde Scum!

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see the Horde area now

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an alliance fanboy, i was just pointing out the obvious