Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seebach View Post
    News FLASH!!!!

Horde want him dead just as much as we do, not a real win, we'll have more at 11.

Also, hoping for a Dalaran in game that actually is useable as Alliance Only.
    Indeed. Dalaran accessible to Horde was a retarded idea.

Rhonin: Hello, fellow mages, remember how you fought the horde for years ? Perhaps some of you had friends or family among those in Silverpine Forrest in the town unprotected by the shield. Well you're gonna have to get over it, the Horde are our friends now. We've been metzenized!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Since when was Tyrande known for her patience and wisdom? She's always been the foolhardy kind that jumps headlong into trouble. Like people have said that's why Illidan was out and about because she released him in Warcraft 3 for help against the burning legion. Running off herself to go find Shandris after the Cataclysm wrecked Feathermoon isle. That's one reason she got captured and imprisoned by Queen Azshara in the war of the ancients.
    War of the Ancient was when she was a kid , being to unpacient here is acceptable, she learend since that.
    Freeing Illidan was a well thought and perfectly reasonable decision since he is one of the mightiest characters she could possibly throw into battle and he had the expearience in fighting off demons that were in said situation invading azeroth again.

BUT i agree that she has never been very patcient and this is OK for me, but she also was never a wimpy kid begging her father to actually be allowed to attack ! ... Her soundfile implies that "What are we waiting for?" "Let us attack" "why don´t we attack" I mean SHE is the damn ruler of her City she should command the Sentinels to attack and Varian begging her to wait, not the other way round ...

Also ... WHY THE HELL is Varian now so patcient and "smart" there has not been any story that could develop him into King Arthur after being Conan the barbarian. The whole story just sounds so badly made up it doesn´t even make sense...

And why would the High Priestess give the command of her Sentinels to Varian just because his so called strategy involved a small victory in her city with a few less deaths ... he did nothing aswsome he just had another idea then she had ... but also he has no damn clue about nightelven warfare ... they are gueriilia warriors no footmen.
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2012-10-15 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Indeed. Dalaran accessible to Horde was a retarded idea.

Rhonin: Hello, fellow mages, remember how you fought the horde for years ? Perhaps some of you had friends or family among those in Silverpine Forrest in the town unprotected by the shield. Well you're gonna have to get over it, the Horde are our friends now. We've been metzenized!
    All I can say is that from the Horde perspective it is also a real stretch to be standing in the city during Wrath which had been openly attacking the Forsaken since before vanilla.

The only thing that comes to mind with Wrath was they wanted to use us as cannon fodder in the Nexus war/Scourge assault in a whole "operation get behind the darkies" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Also ... WHY THE HELL is Varian now so patcient and "smart" there has not been any story that could develop him into King Arthur after being Conan the barbarian. The whole story just sounds so badly made up it doesn´t even make sense..
    Before the whole Lo'Gosh thing, Varian was actually known for his eloquence and intellect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    the alliance got that kick ass flying warship of death

every time the horde use their airship it blows up and crashes
    That's what you get from trusting a goblin engineer. Haven't the Horde learnt anything from the past? May I remind you of the flight to Twilight Highlands? Overhearing the conversation between the two goblins while waiting for the zeppelin to arrive almost made my poor little rogue reconsider her wish to travel, I'm telling you!

Death traps, those goblin makeshift ships, death traps, I say!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Before the whole Lo'Gosh thing, Varian was actually known for his eloquence and intellect.
    Was he? No idea i have never seen Lore of him before WoW sadly ... but still it is odd.

Also i wonder if we will actually see Dalaran floating above Orgrimmar in 5.4 or if it is yet another piece of lore the Alliance gets without any ingame reference

looks can be deceiving.

Actually I have to disagree completely about that patch 5.1.

It is a huge Alliance victory I must say. Not only Garrosh fails once again and loses another army in Darnassus but we see fractures in the other Horde leaders.

Also one by one the Neutral Factions are turning against him. The Alliance gained the most powerful kingdom of Magic in Azeroth. Most of the Sunreavers and Blood Magi are imprisoned or killed (for those that resisted). A huge blow to the magic power of the blood elves.

The only thing that Lorthemar manages to do is free Aethas and very few of the Blood Elf Mages and probably kill very few Kirin Tor Mage guards. Compared to how many are imprisoned into the Violet Hold and how many more Kirin Tor mages are he did very few. Remember that was a rescue operation for Aethas.

Lok'Tar Ogar! For The Horde!!

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    I don´t understand why people mistake "not losing" with "victory"

All the Alliance does here is not losing in Dalaran and Darnassus, but the attacker was the Horde once again, so no we didn´t win, we just didn´t lose.
    Once again the Horde manages to attack the by far most fortified city of the Alliance, a several thousands of meters high tree in the middle of an ocean that can produce water and food. I can´t think of a stronger stronghold than this.

It is ALLWAYS like that, at best the Alliance does not lose, but we never won anything ... we got Dalaran BACK, that means we lost it in first place.

I like the argument of the Alliance getting to kill the Horde leader that both sides hate, as not being good lore for the Alliance.
    How about all the lore tied up around the Horde getting a leader that they hate. That's considered good lore for the Horde?

I really don't care who gets better lore, but this constant complaining is ridiculous. No matter what lore the Alliance gets all I see is, "Well that doesn't count" or "Nobody even cared about that." But the Alliance considers every little thing the Horde does as some great, amazing piece of lore. It's just so biased it's ridiculous. I would rather see blizzard make a compelling story then try to worry about balancing lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    This just in, we get to kill Garrosh in this expansion because of the shit he keeps doing to the alliance. More at 11.
    This ^

We only put up with horde till it gets too upity then we reduce them to where they belong. rinse and repeat. sort of like any other pest.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Well to be honest, we don´t for sure know who gets to kill Garrosh, since the final raid has to be doable by the Horde and the Alliance ...

But we know for sure that due to the simple fact of game balance and the way the game is designed, both sides will participate equally AND we also know that after this the Alliance will leave Orgrimmar as if nothing happend, just because the game has to continue so the Alliance will not just take that advantage and stay in Orgrimmar.

And this is simply stupid.

So this is why alliance players are not realy excited about the final raid in Orgrimmar, it will just lead to more stupidity on Alliance side.

I can totally see Varian leaving the City after Garrosh is dead totally forgetting about everything the Horde has done even before Garroshs reighn.

Alliance sucks. The only good character is rumored to get killed [violently] next patch... I have lost all hope for the Alliance.

Long live Warchief Vol'Jin! I wish I was Horde... But they don't have fuzzy-wuzzy werewolves >_<

Deleted
    I guess you haven't played a Night Elf, have you? Oh boy, if there's a race that should have 'walked' over anything and everyone, then well they are it. But for 'balance' sake they apparently have to fail at everything, have a leader that seems to have left her brain elsewhere and would've being better of if Blizzard left her character development elsewhere as well. Worse yet, she accompanied by the Superman of Azeroth, minus the dedication to his love that Superman has. "Killing my Tyrande?! Oh, I'll step aside and look the other way for a bit!"

World of Warcraft has always being bending the 'lore' to fit the 'balance' even where it doesn't have to. If that which we are led to belief does actually happen (Dalaran being closed to Horde), that might finally change and we can go back to having an actual story that doesn't have twelve thousand neutral factions, and only one left and one right. Incoming whine is bound to happen though... I can see the flooded forums already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    I like the argument of the Alliance getting to kill the Horde leader that both sides hate, as not being good lore for the Alliance.
    How about all the lore tied up around the Horde getting a leader that they hate. That's considered good lore for the Horde?

I really don't care who gets better lore, but this constant complaining is ridiculous. No matter what lore the Alliance gets all I see is, "Well that doesn't count" or "Nobody even cared about that." But the Alliance considers every little thing the Horde does as some great, amazing piece of lore. It's just so biased it's ridiculous. I would rather see blizzard make a compelling story then try to worry about balancing lore.
    Game design dictates that after we stride into Orgrimmar we hand them the keys and forget about all of the land they took while permitting them to keep it. That's not good lore.
    Accepting game design affects the story is natural, but this changes the entire ending on the story into a complete mess.

Alliance players complained because our lore wasn't and to a lesser extent now (Thankfully) fun. Getting squashed isn't fun. Getting told you'll have your time and be "fist pumping" and then Theramore gets destroyed, then Anduin dies, then Horde attacks one of your capitals, then when you retaliate by imprisoning people of whom are then freed while knowing the ending may very well be unsatisfactory isn't fun either.
    Add to this that in 5.1 we're seeing not only more important Horde characters involved but one more important to the story and their faction eg. Thrall, Vol'jin, Garrosh, Lor'themar and Baine whereas we're seeing the Alliance involved with Varian, Jaina, Tyrande and Anduin - that's right the Alliance get development for 2 factions leaders vs the Horde's 5.
    5.1 is sadly causing a lot of discontent.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-16 at 03:59 PM.

I play as Alliance, but I root for the Horde. I'm only Alliance for cosmetic reasons... <_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because I found this topic fun I'd like to link a well written post on Scrolls Of Lore that kind of sums up why the Alliance story isn't shaping up to be very exciting in MoP (The second part of the post):

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...861#post572861

In a nutshell the post elaborates on how character development is different on both sides atm and why it's affecting the integrity and fun of the story.

That being how currently the Alliance story has become that of every leader being sucked into Varian's story so that Blizzard can prop him up as the High King, it also means we mostly know what the ending will be for the Alliance leadership.
    Whereas the Horde's character development is the opposite. We're seeing all of the other leaders being fleshed out and made to look like individuals in the face of Garrosh's oppressive tactics.

I played Alliance during vanilla, started playing Horde in TBC. Leveled 5 Horde and 5 Ally throughout WOTLK and Cata. Honestly I wish I would have just leveled them all Alliance at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    Actually I have to disagree completely about that patch 5.1.

It is a huge Alliance victory I must say. Not only Garrosh fails once again and loses another army in Darnassus but we see fractures in the other Horde leaders.

Also one by one the Neutral Factions are turning against him. The Alliance gained the most powerful kingdom of Magic in Azeroth. Most of the Sunreavers and Blood Magi are imprisoned or killed(for those that resisted). A huge blow to the magic power of the blood elves.

The only thing that Lorthemar manages to do is free Aethas and very few of the Blood Elf Mages and probably kill very few Kirin Tor Mage guards. Compared to how many are imprisoned into the Violet Hold and how many more Kirin Tor mages are he did very few. Remember that was a rescue operation for Aethas.
    It truly was a major Alliance victory, though the horde gets the artifact.

The only blood elf magi in Dalaran were the Sunreavers , and it seems most of them were imprisoned ,not killed. It was hardly a hard blow to the blood elves since their most powerful magi, the sunfury and magister never set foot into Dalaran, since they hate the Kirin Tor's guts.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-10-18 at 06:40 PM.