Someone re-rolled your class and took your place

What do you guys think about that? Your guildie re-rolled your class and took your place in the raid even though he has played that char for only a few weeks, just because he has been in the guild longer than you, and you have spent years on your char.

10+ Year Old Account
    you want us to say if its good or bad? since its not something you can give a answer too quick. As in the end its stil the officers who decide yet? can you maybe eleborate more? as there must be a bigger thing righ? then beside the longer in the guild?

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Depends on a lot of other circumstances. Is he more reliable to show up on time than you? Does he play the class better than you? Does he play a different spec than you? Does he have the ability to participate in raids more frequently than you? In any of these cases, the answer is "competition breeds excellence, and if he's more attractive for the raiding scene than you are you'll have to step up your game and become more attractive than him or take your business elsewhere". If the case is only and strictly that he's been in the guild longer than you, which I doubt, the answer is "people know him better than you, probably have a fair bit of trust in him, and you'll have to either adapt or take your business elsewhere". In either case the answer is really the same: "the raid leader can do whatever he wants in the best interest of the raid, and if you don't agree with his choices, you'll have to choose between adapting to them or changing your allegiance".

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was he more reliable then you? That's the question there

10+ Year Old Account
    That would never happen in my guild, so I can't comment on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Too many variables to give a definitive answer. You could be a mediocre DPS/healer/tank, you could be really unreliable and never show up to raids, the other person could've bribed the officers, could be best friends IRL with them, I don't know.

Too many variables. Assuming you're both decent players at the class/spec, then it seems pretty rude. But surely if you were a decent player, you wouldn't be replaced? I doubt it's anything personal.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Too many variables to give a definitive answer. You could be a mediocre DPS/healer/tank, you could be really unreliable and never show up to raids, the other person could've bribed the officers, could be best friends IRL with them, I don't know.

Too many variables. Assuming you're both decent players at the class/spec, then it seems pretty rude. But surely if you were a decent player, you wouldn't be replaced? I doubt it's anything personal.
    Following this, If you were non-reliable as I've stated and did medicore DPS or actually failed in most mechanics. Then yeah It's not rude or anything however if you actually did do good generally and show up then yes It's rude

Well, there's no better time to "switch mains" and start on a clean slate than a new expansion. So nothing wrong in what your guildie has done; and the fact that the char is a few weeks old is completely irrelevant from a raiding perspective, as long as it's capable and geared. As for "your" spot... one root problem is thinking that the spot belongs to you; but anyway, if that guildie has changed mains, then "his" spot should be free, no? So why not take it, it's not like classes are as relevant as it used to be.

Deleted
    He was simply just better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a slippery slope.

Is it fair? It depends.

How much longer has he been in the guild? What's your rank/reliability in the guild? Are you there for most of the raids? Or are you a pop-in and unreliable raider?

Then the more obvious question, how much better at the class is he than you?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    serious question here. are you bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    What do you guys think about that? Your guildie re-rolled your class and took your place in the raid even though he has played that char for only a few weeks, just because he has been in the guild longer than you, and you have spent years on your char.
    I dont usually condone violence

but you could always throw a rock at his face.

who knows, may change the situation a bit, be spontaneous!!!

-.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose this relates to your other thread.

Very simple question, no mean to offend, but is he simply just better than you?

Swallow your pride, accept it, and move on.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Is he better than you? are you bad? Could there be another reason they simply don't want you in the raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Was he more reliable then you? That's the question there
    This. If he's doing a better job despite you playing the class for years, then it sounds like the kick up the arse you needed to get yourself in shape. If not, then why would he be given your spot?

Deleted
    I join guilds for social reasons so can't comment

Time to find a new guild?

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Seeing as I've been in my current guild a long time and I'm the top rank aside from GM, whilst also knowing my class a lot more than most - it would never happen. Funnily enough though, the opposite of this thread is how I got into this position. I joined my guild as Social when the raid spots were already full, I went to an alt run one day and then they continued to invite me to raids when they needed someone to fill a spot. I worked my way up the ranks, they gave me a spot in the heroic team at the time, eventually promoted to Officer and then to Elite Board (rank above) and even leading my own raids. Even as someone ranking high in my guild, if someone is more capable than me at doing the same job, then I would happily let them do it. Maybe that's because I enjoy playing my alts, too. Though that's slightly off-topic.

If I was in such a situation I would just fight for my spot and prove that I'm just as or more so capable than the competition and if not given a chance to play (strictly talking about this hypothetical raiding situation here) - I would leave.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-10-15 at 12:32 PM.