windwalker opening rotation on boss

in order to maximize dps, what and WHY is the best opening rotation to use?

Here is what I've been doing, It may not be the best though.

Pre-pull: Expel harm
    RSK
    Jab
    Tiger Palm x3
    Jab
    Jab
    FoF
    >Continue rotation

I do this because it gets RSK on the boss asap, even though it's dealing with 30% more armor, the cd should be up again soon enough. Using it is better than delaying it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by catspoir View Post
    Here is what I've been doing, It may not be the best though.

RSK
    Jab
    Tiger Palm x3
    Jab
    Jab
    FoF
    >Continue rotation

I do this because it gets RSK on the boss asap, even though it's dealing with 30% more armor, the cd should be up again soon enough. Using it is better than delaying it imo.
    This is the credited response. Don't forget, even though you are losing out on the 30% armor debuff with that first RSK, the three subsequent TP do 15% more damage because the RSK debuff is on the target.

Additionally, you can expel harm twice pre-pull without losing Chi by shooting Spinning Fire Blossom at a wall between the two Expel Harms, which currently stops Chi decay. After you get 4 Chi up, just shoot a random Spinning Fire Blossom every few seconds pre-pull and you will run in with 4 Chi, guaranteed. I just though of this and haven't tried it yet, but I bet we can cause Tigereye Brew to stack to 10 pre-pull by using this method, though maybe Blizz has thought of this and resets the Brew stack on boss pull.

My Rotation for the pull

Expel Harm > Spam SFB to keep chi, Expel Harm for 4 chi.
    Prepot
    FSK in
    RSK
    Xuen
    TPx2
    Jab
    TPx1
    BOK/RSK

Standard Rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

neat trick! ty

Quote Originally Posted by danpaladin View Post
    but I bet we can cause Tigereye Brew to stack to 10 pre-pull by using this method, though maybe Blizz has thought of this and resets the Brew stack on boss pull.
    It would take an awful long time. you only get TB stacks from procs off Expel harm heals. I have managed to keep a stack up from the previous wipe before with it, but building stacks would take a lot of RNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Deleted
    You can use expel harm / chi brew + chi wave / zen sphere / chi burst to build up TeB stacks. The stacks get cleared when a raidboss is pulled, but you can use them a few seconds before similar to a prepot for 12-14 seconds of 20% extra damage. It does take a long time to build up from 0 stacks to 10 this way, but usually you'll have some stacks left over from trash or the previous wipe.

My opening is usually something like this:

stack up 10x TeB + 4chi pre-pull

2 sec before pull: prepot + tigereye brew
    1 sec before pull: FSK
    RSK
    Invoke Xuen
    2x TP
    Chi Brew + 1x TP

Standard rotation

When TeB runs out, immediately use TeB again to make max use of prepot/trinket procs/bloodlust (should have 4 or 5 stacks at that point).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-10-15 at 07:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by catspoir View Post
    RSK
    Jab
    Tiger Palm x3
    Jab
    Jab
    FoF
    >Continue rotation

You're right about the RSK, but with this opening rotation you will delay your second RSK because of FoF, which is not optimal.
    My rotation is usually: 4 Chi prepull (+ I'll do the TeB trick, thanks Mihir) - RSK - Xuen - Jab - TP (x2 or x3, trying not to overcap energy) - Jab - TP (x0 or x1 to get to three stacks) - continue rotation
    But I have to say, I'm not sure if the energy won (sometimes) from TP x2 - Jab - TP x1 is worth the armor penetration you lose for one Jab and one autoattack.

And I found sometimes it's better to use Xuen before the RSK. E.g. on Elegon our Paladin tank started, and I was much earlier on the boss than him. The boss doesn't do anything for 2-3 seconds, but sometimes, if I used RSK during this time, I got the aggro from the first hit. So I use Xuen and stack TP before RSK, up till the point where the aggro is safe. Not optimal, but better than dieing in this situation.