I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it normal for noobs...

...like me to have rather poor post-game stats compared to everyone else? Are a lot of the people playing beginner AI matches higher level?

I just started playing and am only level 6. I've been playing Fiddlesticks and Jax (although I have a much bigger preference toward Fiddlesticks). I've seen people go 35/2/5 all the while I struggle to pull off 3/2/2 although sometimes I do much worse.

Yes, completely normal. The people you are referring to probably have played hundreds, if not thousands of games.

Deleted
    It's called smurfs, really good players making low lvl accounts, and tweaking them with runes for rp and playing excellent :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    ...like me to have rather poor post-game stats compared to everyone else? Are a lot of the people playing beginner AI matches higher level?

I just started playing and am only level 6. I've been playing Fiddlesticks and Jax (although I have a much bigger preference toward Fiddlesticks). I've seen people go 35/2/5 all the while I struggle to pull off 3/2/2 although sometimes I do much worse.
    Don't worry about it!!!

You're only level 6, it's normal for this to happen, since there's a lot of level 30 who create other counts just to pwn newbies.

As you level up, specially at level 30, don't worry, you won't see many games with people that have noob/troll players, just don't become one.

Try to learn what you can from the champions you play and also from the map itself, remember buying wards and pots and stuff like that is important, specially early in the game.

Just focus and learn and you will become a lot better.

Deleted
    Honestly, just one advice. Play pvp matches, only go into bot ones to teach your fingers which uses which ability on a new champion. If you get used to bots you'll have an exceedingly hard time adjusting to how actual humans play and that's quite the handicap to overcome. So long as you ignore smartasses trying to show off how pr0 they are playing lvl 10 smurfs there's no reason to avoid pvp matches at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a lot, or at least quite a few, people like to play AI for their First Win of the Day bonus. Personally I'll play against bots when I pick up a new champ to get some practice in before feeding some real opponents :P
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Deleted
    once you get good enough at this game killing bots is only a matter of them not running away.
    while they're good to practice new champions on they're not good for a lot else. you can harass them to a point where you can just straight out kill them time after time because they never gauge your strength, they always go toe to toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Honestly, just one advice. Play pvp matches, only go into bot ones to teach your fingers which uses which ability on a new champion. If you get used to bots you'll have an exceedingly hard time adjusting to how actual humans play and that's quite the handicap to overcome. So long as you ignore smartasses trying to show off how pr0 they are playing lvl 10 smurfs there's no reason to avoid pvp matches at all.
    What this guy said.

Also, if someone is flaming you or otherwise harassing you, don't bother to respond to them. Instead, open the scoreboard (hold down TAB or press "O") and click on the small chat bubble in the right hand side. That will instantly add the player to your ignore list, making you unable to see anything he/she writes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

A lot of people use beginner AI games to get a quick Win of the Day bonus, so it's pretty common to see a level 30 go in there and get 30 kills in a 15 minute game. Don't sweat it, it takes time and a good bit of games played to get the hang of it to that point. Just stick with it.

Deleted
    They got runes to make it somewhat easier. But here is an idea. Get some AD character (this week it's kog and twitch, upcoming corki and ezreal) and build infinity edge and phantom dancer. Then right click bot and watch him suffer. You might need to walk back a bit if they are after you. They usually lose interest when you get behind minions or tower, as soon as that happens (there is yellow contour on the champion when he is using attack or targeted ability on you) repeat to bring them own. Early boots and potion instead of doran help somewhat because of the speed and sustain.
    This is also the reason why bots have no use for training, they are just way too exploitable.

Just beware Kog'Maw bot will usually get cleanse to get out of CC and with his range and hp shred steroid he might damage you a lot before he loses interest.

Deleted
    omg i didn't know i could get my daily win bonus in the AI game wot a nab lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it crazy that low levels start against bots these days. Back when I started playing, my first game was against all level 30s. I went something like 0/10/1, and did similarly in the next several games. I basically had my asshole destroyed time after time after time. But I learned really fucking fast to play defensively and know what I can realistically survive. Skills that many lvl30 players still don't have... times have changed, I guess.

Anyway OP, my advice to you: Get 4 lvl 30 friends and queue for normal games with them. It'll suck at first. You will get your feelings hurt and you will feel like the biggest noob in the world for several days. But you'll get really good, really fast. The best way to learn the game is with consequences for being wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say so. If you are just starting then there are many things that you don't know. If you have a friend that already plays, having them explain things to you will speed up the process of you not dying as much.

Once you grasp the basics, you will find that bots are fairly easy to fight and you will do very well against them.

off topic, you have the most adorable ava Kalyyn.

Yep 100% normal, I have a smurf acc that I do win of the day in a bot match and then leave. I can easily have 10-20 kills before ending it and still end it in about 15 minutes. I can do that because I am fairly good at the game just due to experience. For example if you have played Sc2 you'd be comparably to a bronze while must levels 30's would say be goldish

Psst, guys! The original post was made in mid-October. Someone just bumped this yesterday.