Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    CRZ is strange. The whole experience is strange because you can see people that aren't on your server, interact on your server. It's like watching a foreigner come to your town, take the resources, and leave without any responsibilities or consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And for the last 4 it was empty as you leveled. You started playing in Wrath, didn't you? Because in late Vanilla when i started there were always other people around as I leveled.
    As stated in my OP, I stated playing open beta in 2004 on stormrage. Been there ever since until now. Vanilla was not the glorious panacea people act like it was. It was quite buggy, laggy, and there were many more server crashes than now. Still, I'd take it over crz.

Quote Originally Posted by Muppet Man View Post
    As to the first point, why would you want or need to see more people in the overworld of wow? They only represent competition for you, even players from your own faction. Do you go to the grocery store at peak hours hoping it will be super crowded? Do you choose the longest line to pay so the store "feels more alive?" Do you hope the post office has a super long line and is sold out of stamps because that makes doing your daily chores more challenging? Most people PLAY games to relax.They don’t think of them as being real or representing some desire to achieve things. I have my real life to work at. I played wow to have fun. In short, there is no advantage whatsoever to grouping in wow. In fact, grouping usually makes quests take longer and you don't get as much exp, gold, or items.
    So you compare Real life events and then say people don't think of them as real. Why don't you play a one player console game?

I read the last part of your post. You quit because of CRZ lol good for you go play mario bro's.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So you compare Real life events and then say people don't think of them as real. Why don't you play a one player console game?
    Because all crz does for questing is add waiting and tedium. Since there are no more group quests, can you tell me why blizz took away all the group quests and shortened the leveling experience and then added crz? Does that really make sense? Adding tedium =/= fun. I played wow long before you did I wager, and for a lot longer. I don't need blizzard telling me how to play after 8 years. Also, way to ignore any points I made because you can't counter them.

I play on Mal'Ganis which has one of the highest Horde to Alli ratios, (with Horde being far dominant) this basically means that, before CRZ I would never see alliance even after leveling multiple characters. Now that Mal'ganis has been thrown in with Kel'thuzad (one of if not the highest alli pop server) I see alliance everywhere I go and world pvp is quite abundant.

I've been ganked several times and had nodes stolen from me several times (the latter always happened due to being on a high pop server) but I don't care. Why? Because WoW isn't a single player game. If you don't want a game where other people can affect your gameplay than play Skyrim or any other single player rpg.

MMORPG isn't just a pretty little title they attached to the game, you can't get mad at Blizz when they try to increase player interaction (both positive and negative) because that's the main purpose of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an RPer, I've got mixed feelings about CRZ.

There's more people, but that often means more griefers. It does make the world more populated, but sometimes I get to my RP home and it's already occupied by a CRZ group.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Well, if they really wanted people to group they would not punish grouping, especially with a loot x amount of something quests. As for making the world more full, how about adding things to make it interesting instead of jamming people together? Pet battles is good start, but collecting the pets is so annoying now due to crz and phasing problems.
    Punish grouping? Groups kill things a lot quicker with less chance of dying (I know, it's harder to die now compared to previously). The loot X amount of quests balance out by the fact you can literally kill 10x as many.

Considering you stated that levelling was purely for getting to max as quick as possible, what kind of things do you mean to make it 'interesting'? I mean, most of the new, cool stuff is centred on Pandaria, minus pet battles. They could push max players into the old world, like they did with Archaeology, but the issue was that didn't make the world feel any more alive because they'd often be concentrated on dig sites, not around the questing areas and hubs where you'd be. Archaeology players generally just saw fellow archaeologists.

Having spent considerable time collecting the new pets (let's admit too much time), I have yet to run into a single phasing issue. If you have, you probably should've reported it. Before you quit.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    But was it random people that you didn't know, didn't interact with, and will never see again?
    What's that quote, every friend was once a stranger? If you choose not to interact or see them again then that's your choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    The fact they had to increase respawn rates tells you that its broken. CRZ is a shambles, its offers all the disadvantages of a high population server and almost non of the advantages. The white knights defend it , but Blizzard knows it shite. My guess is they would remove it if they hadnt spent so much money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Punish grouping? Groups kill things a lot quicker with less chance of dying (I know, it's harder to die now compared to previously). The loot X amount of quests balance out by the fact you can literally kill 10x as many.

Considering you stated that levelling was purely for getting to max as quick as possible, what kind of things do you mean to make it 'interesting'? I mean, most of the new, cool stuff is centred on Pandaria, minus pet battles. They could push max players into the old world, like they did with Archaeology, but the issue was that didn't make the world feel any more alive because they'd often be concentrated on dig sites, not around the questing areas and hubs where you'd be. Archaeology players generally just saw fellow archaeologists.

Having spent considerable time collecting the new pets (let's admit too much time), I have yet to run into a single phasing issue. If you have, you probably should've reported it. Before you quit.
    I did report the pet bugs. Others in my guild had them as well. I would fly over felwood for example and see the mini infernal from the mount, but when I landed and went to it, despite there being no one else around, it was gone. Phased onto another server, or I was flying in on another server. Or the pet runs over to a zone border and disappears, had that happen a fair amount too.

In short, these zones are empty for a reason I think. Most people want to be at max level, and usually want to be there asap. Not everyone of course, but I do think most. Leveling is so fast now, you certainly don't need any help. I have 6 85s, and not on a single one of them, rogue, hunter, mage, paladin, priest, warlock, did I feel that grouping to level was faster. Maybe that's just me, but I feel that way.
    Last edited by Muppet Man; 2012-10-14 at 11:43 PM.

Sorry to start yet another thread about CRZ. I would post on the battlenet forums, but I cancelled both my accounts because I don't like paying to beta test. I am very confused why anyone would like cross realm zoning and would like to ask a few questions about it. (Aside from Real ID invites which are the only good feature of crz imo)

Blizzard states that CRZ is to let you "see more people." Also, people say that crz allows world pvp, which usually means lvl 90s attacking lvl 30s but whatever.

As to the first point, why would you want or need to see more people in the overworld of wow? They only represent competition for you, even players from your own faction. Do you go to the grocery store at peak hours hoping it will be super crowded? Do you choose the longest line to pay so the store "feels more alive?" Do you hope the post office has a super long line and is sold out of stamps because that makes doing your daily chores more challenging? Most people PLAY games to relax. They don’t think of them as being real or representing some desire to achieve things. I have my real life to work at. I played wow to have fun. In short, there is no advantage whatsoever to grouping in wow. In fact, grouping usually makes quests take longer and you don't get as much exp, gold, or items.

Blizzard REMOVED almost ALL group quests years ago and now they suddenly decide you need to group while leveling? They reduced the required exp to level and added heirlooms to make it faster. You out level a zone before you even finish all the quests in the zone now! Who cares if there's no other people in Desolace or Stonetalon? If they hope to give new players (and we all know they are a very small %) a better leveling experience, jamming zones with 5-10 times the players quests can support is not the way to do it. Finally, to anyone who trolls, "WoW is an MMO", yeah I know that. I have played off and on since open beta 2004. It was an MMO before CRZ, duh. I like socializing with my guild and RL friends. I do not like socializing with asshats from other realms who come to mine for the sole purpose of causing trouble.

Now, as to the PVP issues and people not being able to quest and level due to roving bands for max lvls camping areas like the dark portal. Many will reply, "PVP happened on a PVP server!" Yep, that is true, though unbalanced pvp like that is for the weak cowardly 90s who run to a zone phase when anyone their level shows up. My question is this, why did WPVP "die off" without CRZ? There was nothing stopping pvp on pvp servers before CRZ. Oh, I see, without all the new low level toons to gank and grief on other servers, world pvp wasn't "fun."

I also find it funny that most of the low population realms are pvp realms, yet pve realms have to suffer through crz just so max level cowards can warp around and kill people 30-40 levels below them without even worrying about help coming because with crz, who knows what server the help will end up on. World pvp died for a reason, it was pointless and took away from the pve experience. PVP has battlegrounds and arenas. The game didn't even have pvp at launch! It was added as an afterthought! To design "features" around it is absurd given that the vast majority of players roll on pve servers.

Ok, well that was my vent. Again, I actually followed through on my threat to quit, as did many in my guild. I think anyone who believes CRZ was introduced for the players is very naive. Clearly this is some sort of money saving scheme. It is not logical to introduce CRZ now after years of entirely antithetical changes to remove any need to group while leveling. I think if something is not done about CRZ and all the bugs, wow is going to lose millions of players when APs run out and into next year. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.

You really seem to have no freaking idea why there was a time when people thought the idea of an MMORPG was an amazing idea we'd see someday in the future.
    Video game jocks are so much more detrimental to this genre than "casuals" ever were.

Why would you want to see other people in the world? They're just competition?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    I play on Mal'Ganis which has one of the highest Horde to Alli ratios, (with Horde being far dominant) this basically means that, before CRZ I would never see alliance even after leveling multiple characters. Now that Mal'ganis has been thrown in with Kel'thuzad (one of if not the highest alli pop server) I see alliance everywhere I go and world pvp is quite abundant.

I've been ganked several times and had nodes stolen from me several times (the latter always happened due to being on a high pop server) but I don't care. Why? Because WoW isn't a single player game. If you don't want a game where other people can affect your gameplay than play Skyrim or any other single player rpg.

MMORPG isn't just a pretty little title they attached to the game, you can't get mad at Blizz when they try to increase player interaction (both positive and negative) because that's the main purpose of the game.
    Well, in all honesty, the main purpose of the game is make blizzard money. I have no problem with that, they are a business after all. Certainly, they are not going to make more money by increasing negative interactions for players just because that's what some people think MMOs are supposed to be.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 07:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You really seem to have no freaking idea why there was a time when people thought the idea of an MMORPG was an amazing idea we'd see someday in the future.
    Video game jocks are so much more detrimental to this genre than "casuals" ever were.

Why would you want to see other people in the world? They're just competition?
    Blizzard had made the game so that they are just competition, not me. Blizzard removed group quest, blizzard doesn't allow shared tagging, blizzard streamlined leveling by adding hierlooms and reducing exp. I raided MC and BWL and AQ 40 mans with Death Jesters on Stormrage probably before you were playing. Don't tell me I don't know what an MMO is. CRZ makes WoW more like Call of Duty than a true MMO. Just a bunch of random people smashed into a zone without anything to do together.

Because all crz does for questing is add waiting and tedium. Since there are no more group quests, can you tell me why blizz took away all the group quests and shortened the leveling experience and then added crz? Does that really make sense? Adding tedium =/= fun. I played wow long before you did I wager, and for a lot longer. I don't need blizzard telling me how to play after 8 years. Also, way to ignore any points I made because you can't counter them.
    Few things, I have played since friends and family beta till now.
    I don't know why blizz takes away things (group quests) sorry.
    I like having to compete against other players for quest items nodes etc, IT'S WHY I PLAY A MMO.
    All the reasons you don't like CRZ are the reasons I like it. I like competition I like seeing other people EVERYWHERE, if I didn't like these things I wouldn't play a MASSIVE MULTI PLAYER game. Blizzard isn't telling you how to play by populating areas that were otherwise almost empty. You decided you wanted to play with other people when you bought the game. If you claim to have played for as long as you say then at some point the game was alive like when TBC launched or any other expansion. I have made many friends in the short life time of CRZ that I wouldn't have ever met because they were from different servers. CRZ is good, you seem to want to play a single player game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to start yet another thread about CRZ. I would post on the battlenet forums, but I cancelled both my accounts because I don't like paying to beta test. I am very confused why anyone would like cross realm zoning and would like to ask a few questions about it. (Aside from Real ID invites which are the only good feature of crz imo)

Blizzard states that CRZ is to let you "see more people." Also, people say that crz allows world pvp, which usually means lvl 90s attacking lvl 30s but whatever.

As to the first point, why would you want or need to see more people in the overworld of wow? They only represent competition for you, even players from your own faction. Do you go to the grocery store at peak hours hoping it will be super crowded? Do you choose the longest line to pay so the store "feels more alive?" Do you hope the post office has a super long line and is sold out of stamps because that makes doing your daily chores more challenging? Most people PLAY games to relax. They don’t think of them as being real or representing some desire to achieve things. I have my real life to work at. I played wow to have fun. In short, there is no advantage whatsoever to grouping in wow. In fact, grouping usually makes quests take longer and you don't get as much exp, gold, or items.

Blizzard REMOVED almost ALL group quests years ago and now they suddenly decide you need to group while leveling? They reduced the required exp to level and added heirlooms to make it faster. You out level a zone before you even finish all the quests in the zone now! Who cares if there's no other people in Desolace or Stonetalon? If they hope to give new players (and we all know they are a very small %) a better leveling experience, jamming zones with 5-10 times the players quests can support is not the way to do it. Finally, to anyone who trolls, "WoW is an MMO", yeah I know that. I have played off and on since open beta 2004. It was an MMO before CRZ, duh. I like socializing with my guild and RL friends. I do not like socializing with asshats from other realms who come to mine for the sole purpose of causing trouble.

Now, as to the PVP issues and people not being able to quest and level due to roving bands for max lvls camping areas like the dark portal. Many will reply, "PVP happened on a PVP server!" Yep, that is true, though unbalanced pvp like that is for the weak cowardly 90s who run to a zone phase when anyone their level shows up. My question is this, why did WPVP "die off" without CRZ? There was nothing stopping pvp on pvp servers before CRZ. Oh, I see, without all the new low level toons to gank and grief on other servers, world pvp wasn't "fun."

I also find it funny that most of the low population realms are pvp realms, yet pve realms have to suffer through crz just so max level cowards can warp around and kill people 30-40 levels below them without even worrying about help coming because with crz, who knows what server the help will end up on. World pvp died for a reason, it was pointless and took away from the pve experience. PVP has battlegrounds and arenas. The game didn't even have pvp at launch! It was added as an afterthought! To design "features" around it is absurd given that the vast majority of players roll on pve servers.

Ok, well that was my vent. Again, I actually followed through on my threat to quit, as did many in my guild. I think anyone who believes CRZ was introduced for the players is very naive. Clearly this is some sort of money saving scheme. It is not logical to introduce CRZ now after years of entirely antithetical changes to remove any need to group while leveling. I think if something is not done about CRZ and all the bugs, wow is going to lose millions of players when APs run out and into next year. Maybe I'm wrong, time will tell.
    Is this another, I rolled on a pvp server and now I get ganked post, hidden behind I hate CRZ. Damn they never stop. Because pve and pvp realms aren't linked.

Quote Originally Posted by freedrom View Post
    Is this another, I rolled on a pvp server and now I get ganked post, hidden behind I hate CRZ. Damn they never stop. Because pve and pvp realms aren't linked.
    I didn't read the whole post, but now that you said that I read the rest. This guy is just someone who wants to do quests and grow turnips. You play on a PvP server you will have to fight other players.

To answer you question of why WPVP died, it died because people like you wanted portals to everywhere and flying mounts and quality of life because you only have 30 mins to play each night before your wife or mom yells at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's called competition (farmers) and intensity (lowbies).

It's a beta test because of the many many many many many bugs. MOP and CRZ were clearly released before they were ready.
    I honestly almost never see bugs when playing, certainly nothing that I would have to show actual concern over, Maybe i'm just one of the people who bugs never affect.

Quote Originally Posted by freedrom View Post
    Actually, I played on Stormrage, a pve server. I would randomly get flagged for pvp when crz started and I crossed a zone. It was a bug left over from the beta all the way back into May. It did start happening a lot less, but I was talking more about people who do play on pvp servers not being able to level bacause of cowardly 90s camping low lvl zones. I' m sure all the impotent virgins out there love how crz allows them to bully people on the game and feel like big men. Not sure why you needed CRZ to PVP on a PVP server though. Too afraid of people your own level?
    Last edited by Muppet Man; 2012-10-15 at 12:05 AM.

Actually, I played on Stormrage, a pve server. I would randomly get flagged for pvp when crz started and I crossed a zone. It was a bug left over from the beta all the way back into May. It did start happening a lot less, but I was talking more about people who do play on pvp servers not being able to level bacause of cowardly 90s camping low lvl zones. I' m sure all the impotent virgins out there love how crz allows them to bully people on the game and feel like big men. Not sue why you needed CRZ to PVP on a PVP server though. Too afraid of people your own level?
    SO because of CRZ people gank lower players? Newsflash captainbadatgaming lowbies have been getting ganked since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I didn't read the whole post, but now that you said that I read the rest. This guy is just someone who wants to do quests and grow turnips. You play on a PvP server you will have to fight other players.

To answer you question of why WPVP died, it died because people like you wanted portals to everywhere and flying mounts and quality of life because you only have 30 mins to play each night before your wife or mom yells at you.
    Actually, pvp died because all you gankers were afraid of people your own level and it became pointless with BGs and arenas. And I played on a PVE server. Helps to read a post before replying to it there genius. And, my wife was in my guild and we played hours a day raiding, probably before you ever stepped foot into wow I bet.