10+ Year Old Account

Gaming for Charity 2012

Hello there, my name is Scott Mullen and I live in Glasgow, Scotland, UK. A while ago I got really interested in speed running games and I begin following specific speed runners on the internet. I came across an annual gaming charity event by the name of "Awesome Games Done Quick" (AGDQ) which is held in America once a year and runs over several days at a time.

Ok story time over, basically I thought it would be a good idea to do something very similar (Play games and raise money for charity, not only helps people but it helps to promote a healthy and good image for gaming in general, which to be honest we really need). So after pitching the idea to a few mates, getting a local university involved, and a ton of organisation, its my pleasure to introduce...

http://i49.tinypic.com/19tair.png

and with that said...

The 24 Hour Gaming Charity Event is finally here, watch the stream, show support, and have a laugh

The full list of games include

Amnesia
    Minecraft Adv Maps
    Left4Dead2
    Tropico 4
    Metal Gear
    Double Dragon Neon
    other MG games
    Killing Floor
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Medabots
    Dragonball Budokai
    CODMW2
    Transformers: fall of cybertron
    Jamestown
    Devil May Cry 3 Bosses
    Super Metroid
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time
    Legend of Zelda Majora's mask
    Killing Floor
    Hell Yeah Wrath of the dead rabbit
    Secrets of Mana
    PlanetSide2
    Black Mesa
    CODMW2
    Fighting games!
    UMvC3
    Dishonoured
    XCom
    Borderlands 2
    TTT2
    DoA5
    Max Anarchy
    RE6
    Resident Evil 4
    Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3
    Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3
    Digimon World
    Pokemon Blue
    Kingdom Hearts 2
    Sega Mega Collection
    ---Sonic The Hedgehog (1991)
    --Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Sonic CD
    Portal
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game

Ill update times for my own runs but keep yourself updated in the Event Page http://www.gcalcomputing.com/

Personal games include:
    Pokemon Blue Speed Run (Under 3 hours)
    Kingdom Hearts 2 Perfect Boss Challenges
    Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Contestant

I wish I could do more actual gaming, but I need to manage every little thing that is going on to make sure everything goes to plan, I will be taking part in the 4th stream commentary of the event as well

We have 4 streams up at once, 3 for gaming and 1 master stream, all streams have there own commentary and we have plenty of donation challenges to get you motivated to take part

To donate please follow the link to our Just Giving Charity page

http://www.justgiving.com/gamingforcharity

Starts Tuesday 16th October 9pm GMT straight through to Wednesday 17th 9pm GMT, TUNE IN!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming for charity has always sounded silly to me, but I'm okay with over half of those games. If this doesn't end up being an incredible boring event, I may even donate. Don't fuck this up, Scotland. It sounds like a lot of work went into this, and I want something impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of work has went into this, and dont worry we plan to make it as entertaining as possible for everyone!

During the games the player will have their own active commentary of the game, which can range from story to secrets, glitches, fun facts, inward workings and tricks/tips

We hope that even though we have a low target that we smash it ten fold. Anything we raise makes it all worth while and god knows were going to have a blast doing it. Thanks for your support though

Good luck man, Yorkhill do good work!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too right, they do amazing work for children and their families.

Thanks to anyone that has donated already, event starts tonight and the donations are already flying in