Poll: Answer if you do this

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    None to all the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Yeah, but I didn't really care about the last number anyway.
    Exactly, so you can still figure out the results that matter to you without option 6, and I can see the results with the "none of the above" option included.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    we get it, you're a buggy guy at a grocery store. hate to break it to you but IT ISN'T WORK

that's why they don't pay you to do it, in japan they have robots doing it already and at wal-mart the buggy guys use a machine to do all the moving, they simply hook them up
    I don't work at a grocery store. I also have no idea what you're saying when you say "hate to break it to you but IT ISN'T WORK"

As for using a machine to move them, they still have to go and gather them up. It's irrelevant that they use a machine to push them all at once because they would have to do that no matter where the carts where. Also, in the mean time when there's not a guy out there gathering the carts, they are left to blow around and into cars.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Exactly, so you can still see the results you want to see, and I can see the results with the "none of the above" option included.
    And I didn't care about that when making the thread because I didn't care about seeing the "none of the above" option. The point of the poll wasn't to be interesting for you, it was to be interesting for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Nope. If it fits comfortably in my pocket, I put it there then forget to throw it in a trash can. I empty my pockets of shit into trash cans about every 14 days :P
    2. God, that's just awful. NEVER!
    3. Hah, no. It's just a couple of extra steps.

Tobacco stuff:
    1. I always use ash trays when they are within 15m(-ish), if not I stamp it out and kick into a less noticable area.
    2. Garbage can for garbage, ash tray for ash-related stuff. It's a complicated system, I know, but rewarding when understood :P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I don't work at a grocery store. I also have no idea what you're saying when you say "hate to break it to you but IT ISN'T WORK"

As for using a machine to move them, they still have to go and gather them up. It's irrelevant that they use a machine to push them all at once because they would have to do that no matter where the carts where. Also, in the mean time when there's not a guy out there gathering the carts, they are left to blow around and into cars.

And I didn't care about that when making the thread because I didn't care about seeing the "none of the above" option. The point of the poll wasn't to be interesting for you, it was to be interesting for me.
    your poll might be skewed then.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-10-15 at 12:03 AM.

I'm pretty sure your poll is skewed then, because people that want to see the results, and don't do any of the aforementioned might have just clicked the least harmful option if they didn't see the "view poll results option".
    I kinda think that if they're blind enough not to see a "View poll results option" that they wouldn't see a "none of the above" option.

I kinda think that if they're blind enough not to see a "View poll results option" that they wouldn't see a "none of the above" option.
    You would be surprised.

You would be surprised.
    Well, ultimately I think the incidence of that happening is proportional to people who would vote "none of the above" when they only do one of the things. That's also ignoring the people who would vote "none of the above" AND some random option for fun because "I can do both!"

Deleted
    1. No, even when there isn't i tend to pop my can of monster or what not in my bag until i come across one or go home.
    2. Never really pick up something if i don't want to buy it so gonna go with no.
    3. No, I admit i would be tempted to, but it's kinda disrespectful and im too self conscious about that stuff ¬.¬.

I only smoked for a brief time, my: I'm getting drunk and smoking phase :P
    1. nope, i always nagged my dad about it do i guess i drummed it into my head.
    2. same as above.

I will however do most of that stuff if i am in my room since i tend to tidy it up before i sleep... But i think its due to the whole social situation and littering laws, i think its £500 fine or something stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no, I wouldn't touch tobacco with a 20-foot pole.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

you should give a none of the above option. or, give an "other" option.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. No, if there is no rubbish bin, I usually just hold it or if its something small like bubblegum wrapper or something I'll just throw it in my pocket.
    2. Even if it's just a pack of biscuits or something I'll try and take it back to the place I found it. This is pretty rare though, I usually commit when I pick an item up.
    3. If there's no place to put a trolley, then I'll try to put it to the side, somewhere where it can't move and hit a car. This is pretty rare though those trolley return things (what the hell are they called) are everywhere normally so it's pretty easy to find one nearby.

N/A

Also, your tone is really aggressive, maybe you should rephrase your OP to be more constructive. Your poll is also meaningless and missing a none of the above option.
    he rejoiced and laughed. Anu turned back to him, to Kumarbi he began to speak:
    "Thou rejoicest over thine interior!, because thou hast swallowed my manhood.
    "Rejoice not over thine interior! In thine interior I put a heavy load.
    Firstly I have impregnated thee with the noble Storm-god..."

1. Never. In fact, if there is not a trash can nearby, I will usually just carry my empty bottle or whatever else it is around with me until I do find a suitable place to throw it away rather than just throwing it on the ground. If nothing else, I'll just throw it in my car, where it will sit until the next time I clean it out. I admit I can be kind of lazy sometimes and leave things laying around in my own car/house, but I respect other people's shit and wouldn't just throw my trash wherever.

2. Never. I've been in grocery stores where people have picked up those packs of steaks from the meat department and left them somewhere to rot....what a fucking waste. I have been guilty of changing my mind and putting stuff back on random shelves from time to time, but I would never do that with food that requires cooling.

3. Never. I actually go as far as taking my cart back inside the store most of the time. It REALLY pisses me off when I see a shopping cart nail someone's car and put a dent in it because some lazy ass couldn't be bothered to walk 10 feet and put it away properly.

I don't smoke, so 4/5 don't apply to me.

Oh, also, fun story related to number 3. I saw a lady at the grocery store a couple of days ago who did that. Unloaded her groceries, left her cart sitting there in the middle of the parking lot, and drove off. Except she had to wait for the lanes to clear before she could turn out of the parking lot (it was pretty crowded at the store that day). Before she could get out, her own shopping cart rolled up behind her from where she left it and fucking nailed the back of her car. It had a good bit of steam built up by the time it hit her too. That is what I call justice.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-10-15 at 12:36 AM. Reason: fixed typo

I do none of that shit. I dispose of any garbage properly and I get pissed when someone I'm with tosses something down or out the window.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    that would be really interesting if we had nationality included to these statistics

3 would be the only one I do, but then I also park near a loose shopping cart and take that in, use it, then return it to the spot I found it, thus zero impact! I of course make sure to put the cart in a non-rolling manner so no danger of that. (Most of the stores around here don't have many cart corrals)

People do 2 all the time where I work, even if the refrigerator or freezer is within 5'.

I am super lazy but I am also not an ass.
    Yeah, I feel like the things mentioned in the poll cross the line from pure laziness into...something else....

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    3 would be the only one I do, but then I also park near a loose shopping cart and take that in, use it, then return it to the spot I found it, thus zero impact! I of course make sure to put the cart in a non-rolling manner so no danger of that. (Most of the stores around here don't have many cart corrals)

People do 2 all the time where I work, even if the refrigerator or freezer is within 5'.
    Are you really not having an impact, or are you prolonging the time the cart is loose by taking it inside with you moments before it was going to be collected anyway?

Of course I would think that it would cancel out with the times that you taking it in shortened the time it was loose.

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    that would be really interesting if we had nationality included to these statistics
    I think that would just give fuel to stupid arguments about whose country sucks more.

No to all of em...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am extremely lazy, but I would not say someone is lazy if they do those things, more like disrespectful, because I never do those things.