Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Care to explain that? The VP of Creative Content, that has been having a lot of influence in Lore since the RTS games and loves Thrall told us we would get our Warchief back, and like three weeks ago he tweeted that thunder is coming.

    The true horde got both messages, besides Thrall is the only one that makes sense.
    I guess I can do this one more time.

    Funny one would think that if they wanted to be plain that Thrall was coming back, they might not simply say we are getting our Warchief back. They might want to say something like Thrall is coming back or follow up that little line by making it clear that when they say we are getting our Warchief back they mean Thrall. The fact that someone said we are getting out Warchief back and then explicitly left Thrall's name out of it is a far far stronger indicated that Thrall is not coming back then that he is.

    The fact that you got that Thunder is coming to mean that Thrall is coming back as Warchief is at best a stretch.

    I understand you are very very very passionate about Thrall coming back, but I don't really see any actual evidence to support it.

    Then again maybe I am not "true Horde" and thus did not get the clarity of the message.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Its going to be Thrall.
    Blizzard already said "No" on that.

    As for the Jaina novel, while Baine had a lot of development, all of it was mostly beside Vol'jin, who still acted like the more vocal anti-Garrosh leader. While I agree that's not entirely proof of him becoming Warchief, I think the fact his attempted assassination is going to be the first domino pushed, the fact he is getting his own novel, and the fact he is getting his own model in 5.1 to be pretty good factors that they want him to become more important down the line.

    As for the people who say "The orcs would never be lead by anyone other then an orc!", you guys did play WC2, correct? The game in which two clans, the Twilight's Hammer and the Laughing Skull, both had ogre chieftens at one point? Orcs do care about themselves more then other races in a general sense, but on the scale of respect, race is under strength/power. Or did anyone here actually think the whole Horde would have broken down if Cairne has won the duel with Garrosh?

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The Doomhammer Plate armor is in Mulgore not Orgrimmar (if i recall correctly) and he wont be sitting in Orgrimmar any time soon, he will when the expansion ends after we kill Garrosh, in probably about a year and a half.
    Actually at the end of the Shattering he asks to have the armor sent back to Orgrimmar, since it's part of their culture (I think I'm paraphrasing, my nook is dead and the hardcopy is buried under art supplies)

    I have my own thoughts as to how Thrall fits in to overthrowing Garrosh, but that's for a different thread lol.

  4. #184
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, make a stupid troll that never did anything warchief, he cant even control that little island he got conquered by rseoh,jlsheshmselh or whatever his name is.

    Actualy, yes, do it. At least horde will finaly fragment into pieces.
    Yea, that emo kid gone berserk was a lot better choice.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I guess I can do this one more time.

    Funny one would think that if they wanted to be plain that Thrall was coming back, they might not simply say we are getting our Warchief back. They might want to say something like Thrall is coming back or follow up that little line by making it clear that when they say we are getting our Warchief back they mean Thrall. The fact that someone said we are getting out Warchief back and then explicitly left Thrall's name out of it is a far far stronger indicated that Thrall is not coming back then that he is.

    The fact that you got that Thunder is coming to mean that Thrall is coming back as Warchief is at best a stretch.

    I understand you are very very very passionate about Thrall coming back, but I don't really see any actual evidence to support it.

    Then again maybe I am not "true Horde" and thus did not get the clarity of the message.
    If you watch the interview where Metzen says that we will get our Warchief back, the prahse comes in a part of the interview where is is talking about Thrall and in the middle of a huge outcry about Thrall leaving the horde. And, the horde know who is our Warchief. I get that some allaiance folks didnt got that, but when he said that we knew exactly who he was talking about.

    So, i gave evidence, pretty good evidence, while you gave nothing, not a single thing to support your claim of Thrall being impossible to come back as Warchief.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Blizzard already said "No" on that.

    As for the Jaina novel, while Baine had a lot of development, all of it was mostly beside Vol'jin, who still acted like the more vocal anti-Garrosh leader. While I agree that's not entirely proof of him becoming Warchief, I think the fact his attempted assassination is going to be the first domino pushed, the fact he is getting his own novel, and the fact he is getting his own model in 5.1 to be pretty good factors that they want him to become more important down the line.

    As for the people who say "The orcs would never be lead by anyone other then an orc!", you guys did play WC2, correct? The game in which two clans, the Twilight's Hammer and the Laughing Skull, both had ogre chieftens at one point? Orcs do care about themselves more then other races in a general sense, but on the scale of respect, race is under strength/power. Or did anyone here actually think the whole Horde would have broken down if Cairne has won the duel with Garrosh?
    Blizzard didnt said No. A blue poster (which is NOT a developer and has NO SAY in the lore) is trying to give people a sense of suspense.

    Seriously people, the man that has more influence in the lore in the whole Blizzard tells you that our Warchief is coming back and thunder is coming and you reply with a community manager saying that might not be entirely accurate?

  6. #186
    It HAS to be Rexxar....









    unless it's Thrall....

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    If you watch the interview where Metzen says that we will get our Warchief back, the prahse comes in a part of the interview where is is talking about Thrall and in the middle of a huge outcry about Thrall leaving the horde. And, the horde know who is our Warchief. I get that some allaiance folks didnt got that, but when he said that we knew exactly who he was talking about.

    So, i gave evidence, pretty good evidence, while you gave nothing, not a single thing to support your claim of Thrall being impossible to come back as Warchief.
    My point is your parsing evidence and filling in unsaid blanks in an area in which is you are right there is no reason to leave anything unsaid. If Thrall was returning, then they would have just said Thrall is coming back. There would be no need to figure out what they mean in the context in which they mean it.

    Besides Grocalis's link pretty much seals the deal on your "evidence".

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Actually at the end of the Shattering he asks to have the armor sent back to Orgrimmar, since it's part of their culture (I think I'm paraphrasing, my nook is dead and the hardcopy is buried under art supplies)

    I have my own thoughts as to how Thrall fits in to overthrowing Garrosh, but that's for a different thread lol.
    I might be forgetting that, but i had in my head that he decided to leave the armor in Mulgore.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    My point is your parsing evidence and filling in unsaid blanks in an area in which is you are right there is no reason to leave anything unsaid. If Thrall was returning, then they would have just said Thrall is coming back. There would be no need to figure out what they mean in the context in which they mean it.

    Besides Grocalis's link pretty much seals the deal on your "evidence".
    No, thats only a partial evidence.

    Another evidence is the fact that its the only one that makes sense.

    We come from a guy we didnt knew how he weas going to rule turning into a tyrant, any society where that happens WILL refuge themselves in a leader they trust and know exactly how he is going to lead, because they cant risk to have another leader that turns out to be a tyrant again.

    The only horde member that the whole Horde knows how he elads and that his leadership is a fair one is Thrall.

    And no, if he ways Thrall is coming back, he would be interpreted like Thrall coming back to the horde but not as warchief. When he says You wil have your Warchief back, he is saying that Thrall not only will come back, but he will come back AS WARCHIEF.

    That's why he uses the word Warchief.

    And again, Zarhym is a community manager, he has no say in the lore and its just trying to leave some suspense.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-15 at 03:35 PM.

  9. #189
    Vol'Jin isn't a great leader. He will always be the Robin to the Batman. He probably is going to help dethrone Garrosh, though. But he won't be taking the throne. I'm guessing Lor'Themar would obviously be a good guess since it's mentioned in the new audio-leak, that he would be a good Warchief. Also, he's got the balls to tame the wild beast that is The Horde, while Vol'Jin probably wouldn't even mind if The Horde disbanded.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I might be forgetting that, but i had in my head that he decided to leave the armor in Mulgore.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:34 PM ----------



    No, thats only a partial evidence.

    Another evidence is the fact that its the only one that makes sense.

    We come from a guy we didnt knew how he weas going to rule turning into a tyrant, any society where that happens WILL refuge themselves in a leader they trust and know exactly how he is going to lead, because they cant risk to have another leader that turns out to be a tyrant again.

    The only horde member that the whole Horde knows how he elads and that his leadership is a fair one is Thrall.

    And no, if he ways Thrall is coming back, he would be interpreted like Thrall coming back to the horde but not as warchief. When he says You wil have your Warchief back, he is saying that Thrall not only will come back, but he will come back AS WARCHIEF.

    That's why he uses the word Warchief.

    And again, Zarhym is a community manager, he has no say in the lore and its just trying to leave some suspense.
    Like I said to start, we only know two characters who won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh and the other is Thrall.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whatever. Whats happened here is all of you jumped on the latest bandwagon and suddenly believe because a lore character gets some attention, that must make them the central role.

    People said the same thing with Jaina and tides of war, that Varian was going to die and Jaina was going to be leader of the alliance. OH Wait, no, it didn't go that way.

    Just because Vol'jin gets some attention doesn't even make this argument sensical in the slightest, people just jump on the latest tib bits of lore and think they have it all figured out.

    Its the whole difference between a logical idea, and those having common sense.
    so your "theories" and bashing other people's opinions got you completely owned lorewise, and you go "Whatever you're wrong anyway"? LOL!

    Voljin would be an amusing warchief, but realistic? no idea.

  12. #192
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That doesn't exactly sound right to be honest lol
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10429
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43189

    Hello! Theres two Warchiefs that aren't "of the Horde".

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Like I said to start, we only know two characters who won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh and the other is Thrall.

    And like i said, the Vp of Creative Development hinted TWO TIMES ALREADY that Thrall will be. Your claim of us knowing that Thrall wont be has no basis whatsoever.

    You look like the people that for months claimed that this expansion wasnt going to be about pandas, even when Blizzard had copyrighted the name mists of Pandaria.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-15 at 03:44 PM.

  14. #194
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10429
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43189

    Hello! Theres two Warchiefs that aren't "of the Horde".
    You forgot one.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16808
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  15. #195
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    If you watch the interview where Metzen says that we will get our Warchief back, the prahse comes in a part of the interview where is is talking about Thrall and in the middle of a huge outcry about Thrall leaving the horde. And, the horde know who is our Warchief. I get that some allaiance folks didnt got that, but when he said that we knew exactly who he was talking about.

    So, i gave evidence, pretty good evidence, while you gave nothing, not a single thing to support your claim of Thrall being impossible to come back as Warchief.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:28 PM ----------



    Blizzard didnt said No. A blue poster (which is NOT a developer and has NO SAY in the lore) is trying to give people a sense of suspense.

    Seriously people, the man that has more influence in the lore in the whole Blizzard tells you that our Warchief is coming back and thunder is coming and you reply with a community manager saying that might not be entirely accurate?
    you dont think theres even the slightest bit of a chance that metzen was doing the exact same thing zahrym was? trying to build suspense in getting people to believe that thrall was going to become warchief again?

    you can easily interpret what metzen says as two different things. yes its possible that he's coming back as warchief or its possible hes coming back as a badass to whoop garrosh. i take metzens twitter comment of "thunder is coming" as more of a "thralls fury is rising" type deal, not a concrete statement proving that he's going to be warchief again

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And like i said, the Vp of Creative Development hinted TWO TIMES ALREADY that Thrall will be. Your claim of us knowing that Thrall wont be has no basis whatsoever.
    The first hint was already discredited, you have simply chosen to ignore it. The second hint is nothing. Bringing the Thunder has no meaning what so ever, it could mean any number of things.

    Zarhym is a blue poster, when he posts he is acting as representative of the company. He can't just post anything he wants whenever he wants. So when he says Thrall is not going to be it, and does not remove the post or have it corrected it means he was speaking for the company and yes that includes whatever VP of creative development may have said at some point.

    You can denigrate what what a post from Zarhym means because you really don't like what he said, but it does not change that fact that it still is an official post on the subject and that the company simply by leaving it there supports it.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And like i said, the Vp of Creative Development hinted TWO TIMES ALREADY that Thrall will be. Your claim of us knowing that Thrall wont be has no basis whatsoever.
    If you actually knew anything about Metzen, the only thing he actually ever abides by is the "Rule of Cool", he very well may bring back Thrall, but he also might just be attempting to make us think it was Thrall because he wants it to be more interesting when the actual event happens. He has played the bait and switch before.

    Even then, he is notorious for not knowing everything about the story, which lead to gaffs like the Eredar/Draenei debacle or when the Red Shirt Guy pointed out he had already broken the establishment of Falstad on the Council of Three Hammers that was shown in The Shattering. It was one of the rare times he went back on something because a fan pointed out he totally spaced on it.

  18. #198
    Here's a thought. What if they were slowly changing things around between Horde/alliance. While the horde was once under a single warchief, they become more of a council of racial leaders deciding. Meanwhile, the alliance has slowly morphed so that now they are following their High King. It's an interesting dynamic that plays well into the story.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Here's a thought. What if they were slowly changing things around between Horde/alliance. While the horde was once under a single warchief, they become more of a council of racial leaders deciding. Meanwhile, the alliance has slowly morphed so that now they are following their High King. It's an interesting dynamic that plays well into the story.
    I don't really see them going so far as to form a complete council government. The "Warchief" is too iconic to remove. More then likely whoever does take the mantle will be like Thrall was, diplomatic and taking into consideration the other races in the faction, rather then Garrosh, who just says "I own you" and makes them do whatever he pleases.

    This is one of the reasons Vol'jin would make a good one. His ideals are very close to Thrall.

    As for Thrall, I do see him coming back, but in the same way Malfurion returned to the Night Elves. He will act like an adviser and help guide the new Warchief a bit more hands-on to make sure it does not become another Garrosh situation, but will not officially join in such a capacity that he is at war with the Alliance again on a personal level.

  20. #200
    What if we don't get a new warchief but a war council with representation of all members of the horde?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •