Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guys, come on, look at what Vol'Jin has done in World of Warcraft!

He mourned his father.
    He was tapping the keg during Brewfest.
    He was standing in front of Undercity during the rebellion.
    He was listening to Thrall, when he handed the leadership to Garrosh.
    He got rid of another troll. Took him about 5 years.
    He got removed from Orgrimmar.
    He said to a Blood Elve that there may be trolls in a huge troll city.

Who other has such a list of achievements?

/scarasm off

Seriously, I like Garrosh how he was during WotLK and Cata. He was angry, bloodthirsty, cold-blooded and active. He was everything that comes to mind when you say "Orc". Totallo opposite to Thrall, but much more, well, orcish.

Adding a "big bad guy" story around him and preparing to replace him is bad already, at least for me. But why Vol'Jin? He was around in the game for so many years, and despite being really liked and called awesome during early WoW, he did not do anything at all. He is boring, bland and all his actions seem meaningless. And he is a troll. Come on, maybe Tyrande should lead the Alliance?

Among the better choices:

Saurfang - although he is old, he is a war hero. Lorewise it would be a beloved leader for every race among the Horde - maybe without Forsaken, but they don't like anybody. Who wouldn't pick him?
    Rexxar - shrouded by mystery since freaking long time, half-orc who was considered one of the most powerful creatures in WoW for some time. Agree, he is rather a loner, but it is not hard to make up a story about him sacrificing his lifestyle for the Horde.
    Garona - after her reemengance during Cata I really hoped to see more of her. Cunning, wise and experianced, she could lead the Horde to the vicotry. She has a long "neutral" background, so if Blizzard wants to calm the war down it is not a bad option.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    In 5.1 the Kor'kron invade the Echo Isles during Vol'jin's scenario.

edit: The Kor'kron in Undercity are the most elite orcish troops and take a special oath to serve the Warchief body and soul beyond all else, they're the Warchief's most trustworthy (and elite) troops. They're also an orc-only organization, that's why Thrall sent them, instead of members of another race or even standard troops who might have an agenda of their own.
    I think Vol'jin scenario takes place on Pandaeria.

Regarding the Kor'kron: So what you are saying is that Thrall did not trust the other races because they might have their own agendas. Which I would point out is exactly what Vol'jin has done since Cataclysm. Betrayed the Horde (for good or ill) simply to follow his own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Are you sure about that? Vol'jin's scenario is taking place nearby the Tavern in the Mists from what I could see. Where the Kor'kron ambushes him to take him captive... or worse.
    It's the follow-up after the 'scenario'. My guess that all these scenarios that are in the ptr are for the ptr only. I've noticed that quite a few other them are lore heavy, and they probably want them well tested to make sure they flow properly by release. They'll probably become normal questlines when they go live. From the looks of the ptr notes, Vo'jin's gonna get messed up, but Blizz has already indicated that he'll be in 5.2, so he's not gonna die this time. Plus, I doubt they'd kill him and then release a book for him in April, that would just be silly.

Pretty sure the Vol'jin/Thrall stuff is part of a quest chain. See here:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32319-find-thrall
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32320-the-horde-is-family
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32372-de-subjugation

Theron also gets a bit of love outside or prior to the Dalaran scenario (which is more you and Rommath fighting through Dalaran, from what I gather):

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32329-get-my-results
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32330-solving-the-problem

Works in progress though, by the looks of it. There's probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think Vol'jin scenario takes place on Pandaeria.
    Yes, but you are sent to the Echo Isles to liberate it from Kor'kron occupation... by Thrall of all people, after Vol'jin sends you to find him.

Regarding the Kor'kron: So what you are saying is that Thrall did not trust the other races because they might have their own agendas. Which I would point out is exactly what Vol'jin has done since Cataclysm. Betrayed the Horde (for good or ill) simply to follow his own agenda.
    Vol'jin has worked against Garrosh because Garrosh is tearing the Horde apart. You can be loyal to the Horde without being loyal to the Warchief; one would argue that someone truly loyal to the Horde would have no issue working against its leader for the Horde's good (rather than just the orcs').

The difference between that and the Kor'kron in the Undercity is, the Forsaken needed to be watched. This was both a security precaution to prevent another coup, and an olive branch from Thrall to Varian to at least make it look like efforts are being taken to keep Wrathgate from happening again. Once Garrosh takes over, obviously things changed somewhere along the line.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

What if Anduin is starting to hate his father furing the war between Horde and Alliance. It might be possible he gets killed by Garrosh, but nothing is sure yet. What if he choose a different way and joins the Horde instead. He would be a fine Warchief. Why? His attitude is the same like Thrall. Kind and friendly, Feels nature and loves his folk.
    Would the horde accept a human as warchief? I dunno, it will be interesting if it would happen.

So, when Jaina's story came out people claimed it was going to be Baine because of the attention it got there, now its going to be Vol'jin?

The Warchief must be an Orc, Blizzard already said they want to keep Warcraft as a mainly Orc vs Humans thing.

Its going to be Thrall.

Interesting. so Thrall is stepping up to come to Vol'jin and the Darkspears aid, and even killing Kor'kron to protect the darkspears.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post

Its going to be Thrall.
    It's not. Right now there are two character that we can be sure won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh the other is Thrall.

Herald of the Titans
    I think that they should move toward something more similar to the Alliance system. Have each racial leader have an equal say. But if there is a vote then the main faction leader will cast the deciding vote.

So, I hope that the next Orc Warchief has more of a brain. Imagine a council of Saurfang, Baine, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Lor'Themar, (possibly a goblin leader and Ji). They would be able to get shit done and done right.

Sylvanas has already shown that her undead have military might. I'm not sure why the Horde hasn't taken more advantage over such a fierce ally. They have single handedly taken over most of Lordaeron. The areas they don't control are controlled by neutral factions which is the Argent Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post

Its going to be Thrall.
    This is just as likely as any other possibility. Garrosh's reign was supposed to be temporary anyway when Blizz first installed him Orgrimmar, but then things went the way they did. This will probably only happen if he re-don's the Doomhammer Plate armor, which is currently sitting...somewhere...in Orgrimmar. Given that he helps liberate the trolls from the Kor'kron, I don't think he'll be setting foot in Orgrimmar any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I think that they should move toward something more similar to the Alliance system. Have each racial leader have an equal say. But if there is a vote then the main faction leader will cast the deciding vote.
    Actually, it appears that in the next patch, the Alliance is going to officially name Varian as the High King.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It's not. Right now there are two character that we can be sure won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh the other is Thrall.
    Care to explain that? The VP of Creative Content, that has been having a lot of influence in Lore since the RTS games and loves Thrall told us we would get our Warchief back, and like three weeks ago he tweeted that thunder is coming.

The true horde got both messages, besides Thrall is the only one that makes sense.

So, I hope that the next Orc Warchief has more of a brain. Imagine a council of Saurfang, Baine, Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Lor'Themar, (possibly a goblin leader and Ji). They would be able to get shit done and done right.

Sylvanas has already shown that her undead have military might. I'm not sure why the Horde hasn't taken more advantage over such a fierce ally. They have single handedly taken over most of Lordaeron. The areas they don't control are controlled by neutral factions which is the Argent Dawn.
    Horde War Council is probably something Blizz will lean toward. They've already done that will the Alliance in Tides of War, or at least Varian knows to call a council when something requires the cooperation of the entire Alliance. Yes, Garrosh did that too, but hardly anyone was in much agreement with him except for Gallywix. The Warchief is in charge, yes, but that doesn't make him a dictator, or at least it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    By that logic (aside from having a book), Lor'themar Theron is a valid candidate for Warchief as well. In fact, Lor'themar's the one that gets told that he'd make a fine Warchief. Obviously that was a hint.

Obviously.
    I just shivered in excitement. Blood Elves running the Horde... yess!!! yessssss!!!!
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    This is just as likely as any other possibility. Garrosh's reign was supposed to be temporary anyway when Blizz first installed him Orgrimmar, but then things went the way they did. This will probably only happen if he re-don's the Doomhammer Plate armor, which is currently sitting...somewhere...in Orgrimmar. Given that he helps liberate the trolls from the Kor'kron, I don't think he'll be setting foot in Orgrimmar any time soon.
    The Doomhammer Plate armor is in Mulgore not Orgrimmar (if i recall correctly) and he wont be sitting in Orgrimmar any time soon, he will when the expansion ends after we kill Garrosh, in probably about a year and a half.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Horde War Council is probably something Blizz will lean toward. They've already done that will the Alliance in Tides of War, or at least Varian knows to call a council when something requires the cooperation of the entire Alliance. Yes, Garrosh did that too, but hardly anyone was in much agreement with him except for Gallywix. The Warchief is in charge, yes, but that doesn't make him a dictator, or at least it shouldn't.
    Actually its the other way around, the Alliance will go to the Horde system, naming Varian as High King.

i think voljin would be best for the position, but hes not an orc, so he shouldnt be suited to take a orctitle. but still, he would fit nicely. another candidate would be nahzgrim.

Any council would almost definitely feature the pandaren; Ji has a way of looking at things the other Horde leaders don't due to how different pandaren culture and thought processes are from those of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Herald of the Titans
    vol jin would be cool but as long as its a non orc id be rather satisfied. i mean we are talking about the title of warchief of the horde, not warchief of the orcs. back in warcraft 2 each clan had their own leader, chogall was the leader of the twilights hammer clan, thus giving a clan of orcs a non orc leader.

cairne would probably have been warchief of the horde had garroshs axe not been poisoned. i reckon for all the "the leader of the horde must always be an orc" fans this would have been pretty detrimental and you must be foaming at the mouth that people are speculating again that someone other than an orc is going to replace garrosh.

im a fairly large orc fan myself, ive always played them in all of the warcraft rts's even when i played on bnet. they were my go to race when i wanted to win a few matches. my main toon was an orc and stayed that way throughout the entire time i played WoW but i would still be cool with someone other than an orc leading the horde

Varok Saurfang.

How this badass of an orc got passed over for Warchief in favor of Garrosh, I'm still wondering. I figure it's only because he was still grieving over his lost son and that Thrall was still soft his buddy status with Garrosh's father.

But seriously Saurfang has experience from basically every campaign that the Orcs has ever had going all the way back to the beginning. He totally understands the mistake of taking the Horde back to the "glory days" but knows how to get shit done when rearend needs to get punted.

Lastly he's an orc. I hate to bring racism into it but the tradition of the organization has always been orc dominated. Specifically the Kor'kron Guard. Saurfang would be the ideal person here too since he is a member and commander of this organization.
    Last edited by seijo; 2012-10-15 at 03:33 PM.