Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Anyone overhyped, totally incompetent orc can (apparently). Doesn't mean Vol'jin can't be the warchief. Like I said, a lack of lore precedent =/= inability for it to happen.
    People fall for red herrings all the time on these threads, and never learn.

Orcs vs Humans - theres your warcraft. Anything else is fluff and cannon fodder.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'll remind you again, and throw a spanner in the works of your oh so brilliant idea.

The orcs are the highest population of fighters in the horde. If the orcs are not being lead by an orc leader, you actually think they will follow a none orc ruler?

And if Vol'jin did, who then would be the orcs racial leader after Garrosh is gone?

No ideas aye? Yea, thought as much.
    What? So what the orcs have the most people? It does not mean that everything they say must go. They would respect a leader as long as the leader has honor, something Garrosh lacks. The Horse is about minorities, it is not about who is the biggest.

And since the Horde has so many orcs any of them could be the Orc's Racial leader.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

For the orcs thinking that the mantle will be Orc-only. I pity you. At the end of the day, every race will be agaisnt the orcs. What makes you think the rest of the Horde will let you keep your traditions when you keep using them as pawns. If anything Orcs bout to be thrown out of the Horde.
    Blizzard setting up racial leaders to battle for the warchief position. We have not seen Sylvanas' stance or the Tauren.
    We already know Vol'jin has been looking to overthrow the bastard a long time, now Lor'themar. Soon Sylvanas and Baine.
    I hope there is no more "Warchief" role but a council like thing, a union. Basically the countries of Europe are what makes Europe, Europe.
    If anyone, I hope Vol'jin is the Warchief as he is pacient, good war strategist and very empowering. He has always done the right thing to secure the trolls, and always helping whoever he can. Vol'jin for Warchief!

Deleted
    continue guys continue...and yes vol jin for warchief jeej

Deleted
    Excuse me? Where did you get vol'jin being involved at the end of wrath from?
    I think he believes that whole Troll/Gnome event were still part of Wrath.
    Wrath however officially ended with Lich King's "death".

The ones which came after were just setting for Cata. Or in troll case, Pandaria as well. =P

Also, didn't answer my question. The orcs, the largest body of fights within the horde, will need to be lead. And they are not going to be commanded by a none orc. So, who would become there leader?
    Is this an assumption or a proven fact? Because while I do agree that the orcs (in their current state of mind under Hellscream) would not likely follow any leader other than an orc, I'd need to see a source as to where it states they never will. After all, their culture is all about strength, and if a troll happens to prove himself to be stronger than their Warchief, then there's no reason that they couldn't come to respect that.

They'd still have an orcish leader, of course, same as every race in the Horde and the Alliance, but he/she doesn't necessarily have to be the Warchief.

Orcs vs Humans - theres your warcraft. Anything else is fluff and cannon fodder.
    So.. because it -COULD- be a red herring, we aren't allowed to talk about the possibility?

Okay guys, let's pack our stuff.. Speculation's totally prohibited from now on.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever. Whats happened here is all of you jumped on the latest bandwagon and suddenly believe because a lore character gets some attention, that must make them the central role.

People said the same thing with Jaina and tides of war, that Varian was going to die and Jaina was going to be leader of the alliance. OH Wait, no, it didn't go that way.

Just because Vol'jin gets some attention doesn't even make this argument sensical in the slightest, people just jump on the latest tib bits of lore and think they have it all figured out.

Its the whole difference between a logical idea, and those having common sense.
    #boycottchina

Deleted

I think people are betting on non-orc for warchief, because right now the ISN'T an important orc aground who could run the horde like Thrall... or atleast better than Garrosh.

Whatever. Whats happened here is all of you jumped on the latest bandwagon and suddenly believe because a lore character gets some attention, that must make them the central role.

People said the same thing with Jaina and tides of war, that Varian was going to die and Jaina was going to be leader of the alliance. OH Wait, no, it didn't go that way.

Just because Vol'jin gets some attention doesn't even make this argument sensical in the slightest, people just jump on the latest tib bits of lore and think they have it all figured out.

Or, whatwith how you favor orcs over anything, you might have deluded yourself into thinking they are everything and anyone potentially thinking anything other than an orc being a leader of something is incomprehensible to you.

That's the kind of the figure you are creating in my eyes.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how upset would you be if it was Vol'jin?
    I just started doing "Let's Play" videos on YouTube. If you are into that kind of thing, please check it out and subscribe if you like it!

Vol'jin is going to magically transform into an Orc.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    With the Doc face and everything.

Vol'jin doesn't deserve to be Horde let alone Warchief. Such a pansy.

People saying Garrosh didn't do anything...lol. He'd done more before becoming warchief than Thrall did AS warchief. Then, when Garrosh became warchief, he did more for the Horde than every other faction leader combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananaias View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how upset would you be if it was Vol'jin?
    Actually not that much. But it would make no sense, and show just how wrecked the lore has become.

The alliance for one is having the leader of the humans becoming the defacto leader of all the alliance. You know what that means, it means the humans are the primary race of the alliance because there ruler is now the high king.

And yet your suggesting a none orc, in world of warcraft, the game that is set on as orcs vs humans as its main theme, would work somehow having a none orc stepping into the role as leader of all the horde?

Vol'jin is leader of the darkspears, your expecting him to leader the horde, the orcs and his own people in one go? Think about it a moment.

I'm not put off by it, what I'm put off by is how people just have jumped to the wrong conclusions based on some unrelated subject matter. It feels like people here have just lost the point of what the story is about, which annoys me a lot.
    #boycottchina

I would rather have a redeemed Garrosh than a NON-Orc... Still better than Lor'themar... yet.... *grunts*.

It is going to be Rexxar or Saurfang.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Lol at this trassk kid. He loves to think he is right and everybody is wrong. Just one thing.
    Pandaria is leaving Warcraft roots and beginning WoW with new things. Everyone is tired of the same story being told...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I would rather have a redeemed Garrosh than a NON-Orc... Still better than Lor'themar... yet.... *grunts*.
    pff, pretty much. Lets have a blood elf become leader of the horde, just because one of his friends said he's be a good warchief.

This is what I mean by red herrings. Blizzard throws several around to mislead the fans.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Actually not that much. But it would make no sense, and show just how wrecked the lore has become.

The alliance for one is having the leader of the humans becoming the defacto leader of all the alliance. You know what that means, it means the humans are the primary race of the alliance because there ruler is now the high king.

And yet your suggesting a none orc, in world of warcraft, the game that is set on as orcs vs humans as its main theme, would work somehow having a none orc stepping into the role as leader of all the horde?

Vol'jin is leader of the darkspears, your expecting him to leader the horde, the orcs and his own people in one go? Think about it a moment.

I'm not put off by it, what I'm put off by is how people just have jumped to the wrong conclusions based on some unrelated subject matter. It feels like people here have just lost the point of what the story is about, which annoys me a lot.
    The Warchief of the Horde doesn't necessarily have to like-wise be the faction leader of the Orcs. They can always split the position in two.

The ex-right hand man of Thrall and excellent tactician would make a terrible warchief.
    Because then they'd have to actually try to come up with ideas as to why Horde is constantly attacking alliance other than "rawr orc mean"