Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The development of Garrosh's character may not have been the best, but thanks to this character there's finally things happening. Things like Jaina quit being neutral and claiming the Kirin Tor and Dalaran for the Alliance, and I doubt any other character would lay a hand on Anduin.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

They say the new warchief will hate Sylvanas more than the previous one did right...?

WARCHIEF KOLTIRA!
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    They say the new warchief will hate Sylvanas more than the previous one did right...?

WARCHIEF KOLTIRA!
    The guy is obviously still being well ''w/e Sylvanas is doing to him'' been there for awhile now probably lol

Unless they change the structure of the Horde as we have always known it, the orcs ARE the Horde. They would be the Horde with or without any of the other factions. The title of Warchief is the leader of the orcs. Therefore the Warchief has to be an orc.

Unless the events that come to pass that lead to Garrosh being removed are so disastrous that they result in an all out civil war, I can't see any logical scenario where another faction leader can become the Warchief. Nor can I see any scenario at all civil war or not that would cause the orcs to follow anyone but an orc. The Horde as we know it would fracture and disband, leaving only the orcs to carry on the name.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    New orc racial leader does not automatically become warcheif.
    Unless they dramatically change the structure of the Horde, yes he would as the term Warchief has in all Warcraft lore up to this point referred to the leader of the orcs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    !
    not really.

They ,merely raised the question, not answered it.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they didn't
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    Unless they change the structure of the Horde as we have always known it, the orcs ARE the Horde. They would be the Horde with or without any of the other factions. The title of Warchief is the leader of the orcs. Therefore the Warchief has to be an orc.

Unless the events that come to pass that lead to Garrosh being removed are so disastrous that they result in an all out civil war, I can't see any logical scenario where another faction leader can become the Warchief. Nor can I see any scenario at all civil war or not that would cause the orcs to follow anyone but an orc. The Horde as we know it would fracture and disband, leaving only the orcs to carry on the name.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 03:01 AM ----------

Unless they dramatically change the structure of the Horde, yes he would as the term Warchief has in all Warcraft lore up to this point referred to the leader of the orcs.
    Is there any source on this? That the leader of the Horde has to be an Orc? The first one was, so it's obviously there the title "Warchief" came from, seeing how old Orc leaders were called that. But it could just be that up until now, there just hasn't been a non-Orc Warchief of the Horde because there wasn't anyone fit for the role. Meaning that when Garrosh is replaced, it could be by a non-Orc. The Orcs would still have their own racial leader, of course.

Didn't Cairne expect Thrall to appoint him Warchief when it was clear that Thrall was quitting politics for a while?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

To save anyone the trouble of looking it up.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warchief

mostly repeated here http://www.wowwiki.com/Warchief

There is a small amount of wiggle room as was mentioned with Cairne in the book for the title to be taken away in a duel, but I still don't see how the orcs would ever follow that person. Any speculation to the contrary is unsupported by lore which is the only criteria anyone can use with certainty.

I'd love to see Vol'jin there, but I doubt it will happen...

Rexxar would be pretty nice. It'd also set pretty well for Ogres joining the horde (Rexxar is half orc half ogre and blizzard did think about adding Ogres, more than once).

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Is there any source on this? That the leader of the Horde has to be an Orc? The first one was, so it's obviously there the title "Warchief" came from, seeing how old Orc leaders were called that. But it could just be that up until now, there just hasn't been a non-Orc Warchief of the Horde because there wasn't anyone fit for the role. Meaning that when Garrosh is replaced, it could be by a non-Orc. The Orcs would still have their own racial leader, of course.

Didn't Cairne expect Thrall to appoint him Warchief when it was clear that Thrall was quitting politics for a while?
    I believe Thrall himself stated that the orcs wouldn't follow another race other than an orc. I believe it was in 'The Shattering'. I'll try to find the actual quote later. Simply put there wouldn't be a Horde without the orcs. If the orcs leave, I don't see how the other factions could call themselves Horde and keep things together. Each faction would simply splinter off and fend for themselves. This is exactly why Thrall chose Garrosh over anyone else because he was the best way to keep the Horde together. He gambled that any harm Garrosh could do would be less disastrous than the Horde falling apart completely. A choice that led to the deaths of thousands of innocents, and one Thrall will have to live with forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, make a stupid troll that never did anything warchief, he cant even control that little island he got conquered by rseoh,jlsheshmselh or whatever his name is.

Actualy, yes, do it. At least horde will finaly fragment into pieces.
    Huh? What are you talking about? The horde is already fragmenting into pieces, under Thrall the horde was united and peaceful. They sought common goals for all. Under Garrosh, the orcs have essentially become a master race, and anyone else has been alienated. Under Vol'jin, I can see a more united horde, similar and in the same vein as that run by Thrall. It is what the horde needs right now, to be united, not a group of bloodthirsty monsters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Orcs are still the majority in the Horde.
    The Horde exists because of them.
    maybe lorewise, but judging from game perspective, majority of the Horde are Blood Elves, why not throw players a bone and give them their leader in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    To save anyone the trouble of looking it up.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warchief

mostly repeated here http://www.wowwiki.com/Warchief

There is a small amount of wiggle room as was mentioned with Cairne in the book for the title to be taken away in a duel, but I still don't see how the orcs would ever follow that person. Any speculation to the contrary is unsupported by lore which is the only criteria anyone can use with certainty.
    The orcs haven't really had anyone but orcs to lead them up until they formed the Horde (there were temporary alliances, but they rarely lasted long enough). Claiming that the fact that there has only been orcish Warchiefs when there's been no other option doesn't really prove that it wouldn't happen.

Which isn't to say that they'd follow another race, either, but the potential is there. After all, orcs value strength.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    maybe lorewise, but judging from game perspective, majority of the Horde are Blood Elves, why not throw players a bone and give them their leader in charge?
    In this situation (but not many), lore trumps the game. I want to see Lor'themar doing stuff as much as anyone else, but I don't see him becoming the Warchief making sense under the current circumstances.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-10-15 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The orcs haven't really had anyone but orcs to lead them up until they formed the Horde (there were temporary alliances, but they rarely lasted long enough). Claiming that the fact that there has only been orcish Warchiefs when there's been no other option doesn't really prove that it wouldn't happen.

Which isn't to say that they'd follow another race, either, but the potential is there. After all, orcs value strength.
    By the rules of that ritual duel, they'd have to follow that victor. He'd bested the other in single combat, before witnesses, and the duel was blessed by the ancestors. They'd be going against their society to follow the victor (THe Cairne-Garrosh duel was rigged though; Many citizens of the Horde know this, and Garrosh himself threatened Magatha Grimtotem. It should be Cairne we're following, not Garrosh (and likewise, Garrosh should be dead)).

Calling it now.

Ji Firepaw.

/thread

I think it's entirely possible, although I don't like the idea, for Blizzard to be toying with us by first stating Thrall would return as Warchief and then saying later maybe he wouldnt. By having him return as Goel instead of Thrall. It kinda sucks because I want the old WC3 Thrall back but knowing Blizzard it sounds exactly like something they would do, smiling the whole time at their clever little misdirection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been Vol'Jin FTW for years now!

Vol'jin for Warchief !!!

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys honestly believe that Thrall is not coming back? LMAO!!! He is the goddamn poster boy of the Horde he always has been. There is no Horde without Thrall. He is gonna make some heroic intro into this expansion. He'll avenge Carine, avenge Jaina and tear Garrosh from Ogrimmar by force.

Deleted
    Then who'll be racial leader of the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggra for racial leader of the Orcs. First female orc leader. Make it happen!
    Hi