Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you were looking for an honorable/ intelligent leader then Baine Bloodhoof is the best option. Although I think Vol'jin is a good candidate, if an Orc is not going to be the Warchief I would say Saurfang is the best option for a leader.

With all the calling-it-nows lately I'm starting to hate the phrase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if Vol'Jin becomes the Warchief, the orcs will require a new racial leader. So there is still the question of who will lead the orcs regardless of who leads the Horde.
    If that character is someone that is respected by the orcs lore-wise (like Saurfang or others) and can project authority the orcs will follow him/her. If that leader says "we follow Vol'jin" then they will.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'll remind you again, and throw a spanner in the works of your oh so brilliant idea.

The orcs are the highest population of fighters in the horde. If the orcs are not being lead by an orc leader, you actually think they will follow a none orc ruler?

And if Vol'jin did, who then would be the orcs racial leader after Garrosh is gone?

No ideas aye? Yea, thought as much.
    Solution: The Horde restructures its government so each race has a leader, and then the Horde as a whole has a leader. The orcs have basically blown up what good will they had with the tauren, trolls, blood elves, and Forsaken, and the goblins are only in it for the money. I highly doubt Ji or the other Huojin approved of being thrown into a deathmatch to prove themselves or the orcs' bloodthirsty nature, so chalk them up, too. I doubt the Horde is willing to let the orcs continue to call all the shots without anyone checking them after Garrosh goes down.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I'm a fan of Vol'jin, but his skill set would not be best suited for the position. Rexxar hasn't been dealt with since TBC, Saurfang has stated he does not want to nor ever be Warchief, and suggesting Sylvanas or Lorthemar would be laughable.

That basically leaves us with two options: Thrall and Baine.

Baine is still relatively new to the position of High Chieftain, but he's a capable leader and shares many of the same qualities that his father had. His character, too, has been given sufficient development in Warcraft novels (not so sure about in-game). I feel that he's a plausible candidate.

Meanwhile, there's Thrall. Who is Thrall. Except he's more Gary Stu now than when the Cataclysm first started. He is also starting a family while still helping to heal the world. He does make a comeback in [had to delete the link or forum wouldn't like me post..] and subsequent quests, though. Given Blizzard's history with the character, it's possible he will get his old job back.

*clicked said link i had to delete...reads quest text and follow-up quests...*

I'm just getting more and more hyped to bash Garrosh in the face in 5.3. I'm gonna have to power lvl my horde main once school let's out for winter.

As to who gets to be warchief, I'm fine with Baine, Vol'jin, or Lor'themar taking over, or even Thrall coming back(while this would be nice, it won't happen unless he hands the reins of the Earthen Ring back to Muln Earthfury....which I have no idea why he even took the first place....) Sylvanas is just a little too happy playing with the plague imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    I'm just getting more and more hyped to bash Garrosh in the face in 5.3. I'm gonna have to power lvl my horde main once school let's out for winter.
    Simply as a point of note, I highly doubt 5.3 will be the Siege of Org patch. I would not at all be amazed if we saw as many as 5 or 6 "major" content patches this time around.

With what I believe is foreshadowing, Vol'jin telling Garrosh hes gonna be the one to shoot the arrow that ends him, and the Horde being what it is , you keep what you kill. I can easily see and respect Vol'jin being Horde warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Simply as a point of note, I highly doubt 5.3 will be the Siege of Org patch. I would not at all be amazed if we saw as many as 5 or 6 "major" content patches this time around.
    I don't know, 3 to 4 major content patches seem to be the average they do nowadays. Granted, they've got the whole 'lets load it out in bits a time so as not to crash stuff', They've said in the past that they want to put out new expacs in an average of every 18months. Extending more content patches would break that....not that I'd mind that at all lol. We'll just have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    No. Solution: Rexxar. Half orc.

Appointed with Thrall's, Baine's, Voljin's, Chen's and Ji's blessing.

He embodies everything that was "cool" about the Horde before Garrosh took it down the Warlord route, and Thrall took it down the Jezus hippy direction instead.
    Problem being, Rexxar has shown zero interest in politics or city life in general. And it still doesn't address the fact that the other races, by the end of the expansion, have been openly oppressed and kept in line through the orcs employing fear tactics and by invading the others' territories. That's a lot of ground to make back up before the others would let the orcs run things without anyone there to go "No. Sit down."

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes, make a stupid troll that never did anything warchief, he cant even control that little island he got conquered by rseoh,jlsheshmselh or whatever his name is.

Actualy, yes, do it. At least horde will finaly fragment into pieces.
    i mark your words, this would be too good to be true; orcs and trolls remaining as horde, kicking out all elves, cows and skeletons. oh man, please let it happen.

edit:
    honor de ancestors, mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    I don't know, 3 to 4 major content patches seem to be the average they do nowadays. Granted, they've got the whole 'lets load it out in bits a time so as not to crash stuff', They've said in the past that they want to put out new expacs in an average of every 18months. Extending more content patches would break that....not that I'd mind that at all lol. We'll just have to wait and see.
    With MoP, they're trying out a big-small patch cycle, where odd-numbered patches have stuff like 5.1 (scenarios, dailies, lore-oriented stuff) and even-numbered patches are raid patches, so it might be 5.4 before we see Orgrimmar (or even 5.6, depending on how fast they put out the small patches and how long the expac goes on).

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Problem being, Rexxar has shown zero interest in politics or city life in general. And it still doesn't address the fact that the other races, by the end of the expansion, have been openly oppressed and kept in line through the orcs employing fear tactics and by invading the others' territories. That's a lot of ground to make back up before the others would let the orcs run things without anyone there to go "No. Sit down."
    Did Garrosh invade any other Horde's territory? The only Warchief I recall invading another allies territory was when Thrall invaded Undercity and forced Sylvanas to destroy all of her Abominations and have highly hostile Orc guards put into place (speaking of "Xenophobia I don't recall seeing any non-orc guards in Undercity, maybe Thrall was not a trusting of the other races as he proclaimed to be either)

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Garrosh invade any other Horde's territory? The only Warchief I recall invading another allies territory was when Thrall invaded Undercity and forced Sylvanas to destroy all of her Abominations and have highly hostile Orc guards put into place (speaking of "Xenophobia I don't recall seeing any non-orc guards in Undercity, maybe Thrall was not a trusting of the other races as he proclaimed to be either)
    In 5.1 the Kor'kron invade the Echo Isles during Vol'jin's scenario.

edit: The Kor'kron in Undercity are the most elite orcish troops and take a special oath to serve the Warchief body and soul beyond all else, they're the Warchief's most trustworthy (and elite) troops. They're also an orc-only organization, that's why Thrall sent them, instead of members of another race or even standard troops who might have an agenda of their own.

You know, with everyone calling this and that about Vol'jin being warchief, they're probably going to not make him warchief.
    They said it was someone people weren't going to expect.
    Everyone expects it to be Vol'jin.

Zippity-blowey-bloop.
    I like Vol'jin as much as the next person, but I don't think it'd be him.

But that's just, like, my opinion.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Deleted
    he has my vote ^^

Guys, come on, look at what Vol'Jin has done in World of Warcraft!

He mourned his father.
    He was tapping the keg during Brewfest.
    He was standing in front of Undercity during the rebellion.
    He was listening to Thrall, when he handed the leadership to Garrosh.
    He got rid of another troll. Took him about 5 years.
    He got removed from Orgrimmar.
    He said to a Blood Elve that there may be trolls in a huge troll city.

Who other has such a list of achievements?

/scarasm off

Seriously, I like Garrosh how he was during WotLK and Cata. He was angry, bloodthirsty, cold-blooded and active. He was everything that comes to mind when you say "Orc". Totallo opposite to Thrall, but much more, well, orcish.

Adding a "big bad guy" story around him and preparing to replace him is bad already, at least for me. But why Vol'Jin? He was around in the game for so many years, and despite being really liked and called awesome during early WoW, he did not do anything at all. He is boring, bland and all his actions seem meaningless. And he is a troll. Come on, maybe Tyrande should lead the Alliance?

Among the better choices:

Saurfang - although he is old, he is a war hero. Lorewise it would be a beloved leader for every race among the Horde - maybe without Forsaken, but they don't like anybody. Who wouldn't pick him?
    Rexxar - shrouded by mystery since freaking long time, half-orc who was considered one of the most powerful creatures in WoW for some time. Agree, he is rather a loner, but it is not hard to make up a story about him sacrificing his lifestyle for the Horde.
    Garona - after her reemengance during Cata I really hoped to see more of her. Cunning, wise and experianced, she could lead the Horde to the vicotry. She has a long "neutral" background, so if Blizzard wants to calm the war down it is not a bad option.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    In 5.1 the Kor'kron invade the Echo Isles during Vol'jin's scenario.

edit: The Kor'kron in Undercity are the most elite orcish troops and take a special oath to serve the Warchief body and soul beyond all else, they're the Warchief's most trustworthy (and elite) troops. They're also an orc-only organization, that's why Thrall sent them, instead of members of another race or even standard troops who might have an agenda of their own.
    I think Vol'jin scenario takes place on Pandaeria.

Regarding the Kor'kron: So what you are saying is that Thrall did not trust the other races because they might have their own agendas. Which I would point out is exactly what Vol'jin has done since Cataclysm. Betrayed the Horde (for good or ill) simply to follow his own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Are you sure about that? Vol'jin's scenario is taking place nearby the Tavern in the Mists from what I could see. Where the Kor'kron ambushes him to take him captive... or worse.
    It's the follow-up after the 'scenario'. My guess that all these scenarios that are in the ptr are for the ptr only. I've noticed that quite a few other them are lore heavy, and they probably want them well tested to make sure they flow properly by release. They'll probably become normal questlines when they go live. From the looks of the ptr notes, Vo'jin's gonna get messed up, but Blizz has already indicated that he'll be in 5.2, so he's not gonna die this time. Plus, I doubt they'd kill him and then release a book for him in April, that would just be silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the Vol'jin/Thrall stuff is part of a quest chain. See here:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32319-find-thrall
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32320-the-horde-is-family
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32372-de-subjugation

Theron also gets a bit of love outside or prior to the Dalaran scenario (which is more you and Rommath fighting through Dalaran, from what I gather):

http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32329-get-my-results
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32330-solving-the-problem

Works in progress though, by the looks of it. There's probably more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Vol'jin scenario takes place on Pandaeria.
    Yes, but you are sent to the Echo Isles to liberate it from Kor'kron occupation... by Thrall of all people, after Vol'jin sends you to find him.

Regarding the Kor'kron: So what you are saying is that Thrall did not trust the other races because they might have their own agendas. Which I would point out is exactly what Vol'jin has done since Cataclysm. Betrayed the Horde (for good or ill) simply to follow his own agenda.
    Vol'jin has worked against Garrosh because Garrosh is tearing the Horde apart. You can be loyal to the Horde without being loyal to the Warchief; one would argue that someone truly loyal to the Horde would have no issue working against its leader for the Horde's good (rather than just the orcs').

The difference between that and the Kor'kron in the Undercity is, the Forsaken needed to be watched. This was both a security precaution to prevent another coup, and an olive branch from Thrall to Varian to at least make it look like efforts are being taken to keep Wrathgate from happening again. Once Garrosh takes over, obviously things changed somewhere along the line.