Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    that is your opinion and you are most definately entitled to it, i however respectfully disagree
    Of course we are both entitled to have our own opinions, i'm just trying to place arguments (both on hints gave by blizzard and by lore) my position

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    Didn't thrall have a son or something? That could easily be the next war-chief.
    ALL HAIL WARCHIEF BABY! "Yeah hes sitting in his crib in Orgimmar, but hes one tough baby!"
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I hate these "Calling it now" post, its not like your the first to say this, people have been posting this since cata. Plus i doubt it will be anyone that isn't an orc, im sure Vol'jin will have a big part in the Finale but he is no where near being warchief, its a fact that they have to replace Garrosh as the leader of the orcs. They just do the orcs have to have a Leader, and whoever this is will be the Warchief even if they do decide to lose the title or even if they give the title away to say Vol'jin, he won't be standing in the throne room of Orgimmar any time soon and no one will think of him as they're real leader.
    so just out of curiousity lets say garrosh's axe hadnt been poisoned and cairne was the warchief, what do you think would have happened to the horde?

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Of course we are both entitled to have our own opinions, i'm just trying to place arguments (both on hints gave by blizzard and by lore) my position
    ive given arguements for my position. one of them being that we already would have had a non orc warchief had cairne won, the other being that the twilights hammer clan back in warcraft 2 had a chieftain that was a non orc as well, his name was chogall.

so one example where there were orcs being led by a non orc and another that had the circumstances been different an entire faction not being led by an orc. my arguement in the cairne situation is im of the opinion that even metzen doesnt believe in the "horde can only be governed by an orc" if he were even remotely considering giving cairne the possibility of becoming warchief
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-10-15 at 04:48 PM.

ALL HAIL WARCHIEF BABY! "Yeah hes sitting in his crib in Orgimmar, but hes one tough baby!"
    Hey in the LK book, Varian was king when he was still a younging.

so just out of curiousity lets say garrosh's axe hadnt been poisoned and cairne was the warchief, what do you think would have happened to the horde?

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:46 PM ----------

ive given arguements for my position. one of them being that we already would have had a non orc warchief had cairne won, the other being that the twilights hammer clan back in warcraft 2 had a chieftain that was a non orc as well, his name was chogall.

so one example where there were orcs being led by a non orc and another that had the circumstances been different an entire faction not being led an orc. my arguement in the cairne situation is im of the opinion that even metzen doesnt believe in the "horde can only be governed by an orc" if he were even remotely considering giving cairne the possibility of becoming warchief
    Cairne, would stand in Thunderbluff while the 8 people hangout there and no one would care and Garrosh being the leader of the Orcs (Similar to how the leader of the Humans) would still be treated like the leader of the Faction. This game has always been about the 2 main Races Orcs VS Humans. This will stay true, troll in charge or not. (Plus they (Blizzard) would have never let a tauren be warchief he died for a reason)
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

so one example where there were orcs being led by a non orc and another that had the circumstances been different an entire faction not being led by an orc. my arguement in the cairne situation is im of the opinion that even metzen doesnt believe in the "horde can only be governed by an orc" if he were even remotely considering giving cairne the possibility of becoming warchief
    I doubt Cairne would have retain the Warchief title. He knew the Orcs would be uneasy with he commanding the Horde, so my guess would be that he would have given the position to another one.

But since the writers already knew the outcome when they wrote the duel, they didnt have to face that problem. And yes, other clans have had non orchish Warchief, but it was because of their strenght forcing the people to obey and the horde never did it. In my opinion, the horde would not be able to be lead by a non orc right now.

Of course, both of us can be wrong, or even both can, in my opinion only Thrall makes sense lorewise. I doubt that the horde, right after getting out of a tyrant ruler would accept anyone that they dont know exactly how would rule.

Everyone assumes there will be a Horde at the end of this expansion. It'd be earthshattering to dissolve the factions, effectively creating a new game. They could pull it off.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cairne, would stand in Thunderbluff while the 8 people hangout there and no one would care and Garrosh being the leader of the Orcs (Similar to how the leader of the Humans) would still be treated like the leader of the Faction. This game has always been about the 2 main Races Orcs VS Humans. This will stay true, troll in charge or not. (Plus they would have never let a tauren be warchief he died for a reason)
    so instead of accepting the fact that the horde almost had a non orc leader you'll reject the sentiment and simply state no one would care. if cairne had won garrosh would not have been sitting in org because it was a duel to the death

but youre right he did die for a reason, but the fact that they even considered having a non orc leader by allowing that whole duel to be written out into lore suggests to me, that they are willing to allow a non orc to become leader in the future given the character is developed properly. just my opinion

The context of the first time he said it, coupled with him loving Thrall as Warchief, being the one that made the lore since W3 up to today coupled with being the only one that makes sense because of the reasons i explained before, i think the chances of Thrall not being Warchief again are very, very low.
    Personally I have no doubt Metzen was being completely honest when he said this. But that's the key point, when he said it. Plans change, especially when we deal with content that's still on the drawing board.

A couple days later Zarhym indicated that Thrall being Warchief wasn't a sure thing, and ever since Blizzard has been rather ambiguous about who the next Warchief will be.

My guess is Blizzard had grossly underestimated the number of people opposed to Thrall reclaiming the position of Warchief, and then began considering other options. It's not impossible they ultimately decided (or will ultimately decide) to go with Thrall after all, but there is no evidence to suggest they have actually done so. Whatever their final decision is, we probably won't know at least until the announcement of expansion 5, possibly not until the Siege of Orgrimmar goes live.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Blizz explicitly said that it's someone we are not expecting. I think Vol'jin is too obvious.

I've said it before, and I mean it: if Vol'jin becomes Warchief of the Horde and I'm still playing, I'll switch to Alliance. It's a disgraceful thought. I'd say it's completely fair that other race leaders should get some spotlight besides just Varian and Garrosh or Thrall, but only an orc should be the Warchief, or if not, at least someone who's able to speak proper English.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Personally I have no doubt Metzen was being completely honest when he said this. But that's the key point, when he said it. Plans change, especially when we deal with content that's still on the drawing board.

A couple days later Zarhym indicated that Thrall being Warchief wasn't a sure thing, and ever since Blizzard has been rather ambiguous about who the next Warchief will be.

My guess is Blizzard had grossly underestimated the number of people opposed to Thrall reclaiming the position of Warchief, and then began considering other options. It's not impossible they ultimately decided (or will ultimately decide) to go with Thrall after all, but there is no evidence to suggest they have actually done so. Whatever their final decision is, we probably won't know at least until the announcement of expansion 5, possibly not until the Siege of Orgrimmar goes live.
    Again, Three weks ago, when someone in tweet asked in Thrall would go back, he answer yes, thunder is coming... Three weeks ago, talking about Thrall and with the precedent of himself saying that our Warchief would be coming back.

This is the exact quote of the conversation

""Please Chris, Bring Thrall back to the Horde, The horde Sucks without him” ...is that thunder, I hear?."

The first part is the petition someone made to him, his answer was the part after the ... (including the ...)

Notice Chain Lightning is the iconinc Thrall move since W3.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-15 at 05:08 PM.

I doubt Cairne would have retain the Warchief title. He knew the Orcs would be uneasy with he commanding the Horde, so my guess would be that he would have given the position to another one.
    Where are people getting this idea that orcs wouldn't work for anyone other then an orc? Orcs care mostly about strength and power over race. It's how people like Cho'gall and Mogor, two ogres, came to rule over orcish clans.

Is it easier for them to follow an orc Warchief? Yes. Is it impossible? Not in the slightest.

...is that thunder, I hear?.
    Thrall "returning" to the Horde has already been confirmed. However, that does not mean he will be Warchief. You are the one extrapolating that from the question, because you can't see Thrall possibly taking on another capacity. Again, he very well maybe become the Horde's Malfurion.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2012-10-15 at 05:06 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather see Baine step up and take lead of the Horde, but that probably wouldn't happen as he would likely broker peace with the alliance through Jaina. I'm not sure if she still hates him. If you read Tides of War, its Baine and Vol'jin that are the main people opposing Garrosh.

What if the horde went from a leader to a council? Like the dwarves did, Baine and voljin could represent their respective factions along with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Where are people getting this idea that orcs wouldn't work for anyone other then an orc? Orcs care mostly about strength and power over race. It's how people like Cho'gall and Mogor, two ogres, came to rule over orcish clans.

Is it easier for them to follow an orc Warchief? Yes. Is it impossible? Not in the slightest.
    I just dont see it happening right now, i am not saying it is impossible. Besides, Blizzard did say that they want Warcraft to continue to be about Orcs vs Humans even when other races are invovled.

so instead of accepting the fact that the horde almost had a non orc leader you'll reject the sentiment and simply state no one would care. if cairne had won garrosh would not have been sitting in org because it was a duel to the death

but youre right he did die for a reason, but the fact that they even considered having a non orc leader by allowing that whole duel to be written out into lore suggests to me, that they are willing to allow a non orc to become leader in the future given the character is developed properly. just my opinion
    Not what im saying, i agree its possible and allowed in lore that a non orc can become Warchief. Would the players accept him, No.
    Would he truly be the leader? Maybe in books. The truth is we will sit in orgimmar no matter what and thats where our warchief will be in the capital city, and im pretty sure the leader of the Taurens wouldn't feel comfortable living without his people and being forced to stay in the city of the Orcs.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

The Blood Elf leader (Lorthamar or whatever) did have mentioned about him in the voice acting that "You'd make an excellent Warchief". Maybe this is a hint of things to come?

Vol'jin will unify the remaining trolls after we kill their last leaders in the 5.2 raid and use them to fight Garrosh, giving him the population to be "important" inside the horde and fortifying his position as warchief, just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    Vol'jin will unify the remaining trolls after we kill their last leaders in the 5.2 raid and use them to fight Garrosh, giving him the population to be "important" inside the horde and fortifying his position as warchief, just saying...
    I do hope Vol'jin gives the killing blow on Garrosh, fullfilling his promise.

Deleted
    Vol'jin is a reasonable warchief. He is to the Horde what Anduin Wrynn is to the Alliance, in my eyes.

A better leader.

But neither of 'em are warmongerers so the playerbase will hate them both.