Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i see:

thrall returning as the ORC warchief.

the "Leader of the Horde" title going to Vol'Jin, as he was the first friend and ally Thrall made in WC3. If not Vol'Jin, then possibly Rexxar.

The Alliance becoming huge d-bags in upcoming expac(s) due to all of the losses they've taken thus far, and their need for revenge/"justice." keeping the 'war' in warcraft, and pushing the overall story back to 2 rival factions instead of a good (Anduin and the Wrynnettes!) -vs- evil(Big Bad Garrosh) theme.

I think it would have to be an orc to rule the Horde. The capital city of the entire faction is Orgrimmar which is an orc city. I really really like the idea of Lorthemar or Vol'jin taking over the mantle, but that would cause problems:

Either a) the Horde capital would have to be relocated to the new leader's current city [which would cause all kinds of hell] or b) the new leader would have to 'move in' to Org... and be completely out of place.

Basically it HAS to be an orc. My vote has been and always will be Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    People always say this. Garrosh has proven himself in battle. He was the commander of horde forces against the scourge in Northrend. Ppl talk about "emo" look at Vol'jin. Goes on a whiney rant about how he's going to stab Garrosh in the back because he isn't enough of a warrior to do it face to face. Garrosh was the perfect choice as warchief. Vol'jin is weak.
    Where did Garrosh earn the right to be commander of the Northrend forces? Thrall gave him that position simply because he's the son of Grom. And while in Northrend he did nothing but make bad decisions left and right. Saurfang and later Thrall was left with most of the hard work cleaning up after Garrosh's fumbles and helping the Horde player.

If it was entirely left to Garrosh without Saurfang and the Horde players correcting his mistakes, the Horde would have failed miserably in Northrend.

ANDUIN doesn't die and becomes the warchief DUN DUN DUN~~~~~~

not sure if anyone have linked this yet. a copy of the conversation Vol'Jin and Garrosh had during the elemental invasion meeting.
    perhaps a hint that Vol'Jin was a validate candidate for warchief next to Garrosh, and with Garrosh out of the picture?

Garrosh's image appears.
    Image of Garrosh says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?
    Vol'jin's image appears.
    Image of Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.
    Image of Vol'jin says: To which I tink ya be even more like ya father den he thought, even without ya havin' da demon blood.
    Image of Garrosh says: You are lucky I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think that you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.
    Image of Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya've not earned my respect and I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.
    Image of Garrosh says: And what exactly do you think that you'll do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.
    Image of Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll be watchin' as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do. And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule, swiftly and silently. Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Image of Garrosh says: You have sealed your fate, troll.
    Image of Garrosh spits at Vol'jin's feet.
    Image of Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok, interesting theory. But then who becomes the defacto leader of the darkspear trolls. All factions requite a leader, thats how wow works.
    Actually if you play through Kun-Lai Summit story with Lorewalker Cho, which leads to the resserection of Thunder King, when the trolls are attcking the village, you'll notice that they're still part of Amani and Gurubashi tribes, even tho by now both Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub have been purged.

So in the end, even if Vol'jin becomes the new leader of Troll Empire, he'd still be part of Darkspear tribe.

Oh and also (SPOILER) things don't bode well for our troll. =S
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32319-find-thrall
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2012-10-16 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang/Basic Campfire 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Saurfang/Basic Campfire 2012.
    Pretty likely that we won't see the raid in Orgrimmar until 2013!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Saurfang and Lor'themar should get married and rule as husband and wife

*whispering*

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S A DUDE!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall isn't the warchief anymore, get the facts right first. That old belief that he was letting Garrosh stand in as his temp has long since past if you read the shattering and learn the fact he put aside his mantle, thus is passed to Garrosh. Yet Thrall is still the founder of this horde we play as now, and his presence with the orcs is still strong, as many orcs would still regard him highly (unlike the warsong orcs and garrosh's followers who only regard Garrosh as there leader - they will probably all die at the end of mists).

These facts are held in the lore books which as, if not more canon then anything ingame (since any lore ingame is spoiled by the players own avatar getting in the way all the time)
    My friend... Learn to talk less fired up
    As for the facts. The games storyline is based on the lore events in the novels. That part is true. Knowing that lore does not mean the ingame situations are always on par with the books. had you read what I said you would have seen that I pointed that out.
    In game there was no event yet, that passed the power to Garrosh for good.
    The "lore nerds" and I don't mean that disrespectful, rather the opposite, the lore nerds are a minority group. The average player just plays that game and goes with the events that happen in the game. If it was anywhere different the book authors would be millionaires and the WoW books would rule the book charts.
    But as far as I know that isn't the case.

Do I know that Thrall passed the lead on already? Yes I do.. Does the GAME (read actual content) know that? NO!
    From there, the doors are wide open for Blizzard to create in game content that leads to the as is situation to their likes.

There's also a tad too much emphasis on the books, put there by the lore fans. The books are novels, written by authors who are not part of Blizzards development team. They work with Blizzard in order to not stray too far from the lore Blizzard has in mind, and to get approval from Blizzard to use it's content. Which has to be the case, since everything related WoW (characters, terms, etc.) is copyrighted.

If I am not mistaken. Blizzard officials did state before that they incorporate the novels, but they don't fully follow them. It's Blizzard who makes the lore, not the novel writers. Blizzard just creates a symbiosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    You're reading way too much into one statement. He never said "No". Here's what he said

"I know what was said during the press tour, but don't be so sure yet that you know who the next warchief will be. The information provided during the press tour was... not entirely accurate."

That could mean no...but it could also mean it won't be Thrall....but Go'el. By saying not ENTIRELY accurate it sounds to me like he's saying part of it is accurate. They're being ambiguous about the warchief because they've already told us Garrosh is going down and don't want to spoil everything. Lets not get too carried away about one sentence statements, I mean damn..you guys really take things and run with them .

Also I'd be more inclined to believe what Metzen said compared to a forum blue. Also you seemed to take what some people said and turned it around to fit something else. No one that I read was implying that if Cairne had won the duel the orcs wouldn't respect him. What we're saying is if Thrall had given the title of Warchief to Cairne they wouldn't have. Plus we're saying that if Garrosh is killed by a large group and not a ritual duel then why should they respect whoever takes the role unless it's someone like Thrall or another orc like Saurfang? The orcs as a whole don't respect Voljin or Baine on that kind of scale and they would probably not only leave the other races behind but break down into individual clans again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    That makes little sense to me.
    He is caring out is nation/leaders policy. Do you expect him to stand by while the Alliance roll over them?

That's like arresting Erwin Rommel for fighting for Nazi Germany in WW2.
    If we was like Overlord Krom'gar then it would make sense, but he isnt.
    He is blindly following the orders of a tyrant, and yes, i expect him as a General to disobey orders that come from a tyrant.

His actions automatically make him unable to be the next Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10429
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43189

Hello! Theres two Warchiefs that aren't "of the Horde".

You realize these guys are warchiefs of separate orc clans and not a part of the Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I think this is a bad move. I think Blizzard's intent was to put Thrall back in all along, but they figured they'd have to deal with people literally crying and "ENUFF GREENZ JEZIS". Players are so emo.
    Agreed. its about time blizzard stopped listening to the Qqing punks who think they know better then the game developers and just do what they want to do with there game.

I mean, can you imagine what warcraft would have been like to begin with, if instead of developing this genre by there own ideas and initiative, they instead asked people randomly 'what do you think would make a great game series?'. Warcraft would have died in its early days if they had done, so they do they need to be so freaking appeasing to the crying kiddies who want it all there way?

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post

Oh and also (SPOILER) things don't bode well for our troll. =S
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/quests/32319-find-thrall
    I love it, fighting beside Thrall and killing the kor'kron to free the trolls from Garrosh's subjugation.

The kor'kron, who I use to think were alright, have proven to be violent bastards who care nothing for the bonds Thrall made with the other races, they are simply drones of a tyrant warchief now. So it makes me wonder, if the Kor'kron are going to be Garrosh's defenders in SoO, they will obviously die, so who will be the defenders of the horde if they are gone after mists.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-10-16 at 11:29 AM.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Zaryhm once said that the warchief would be someone we would not expect to be.
    Being a forum mod, this might be a dull statement.

We know the community is divided in several president camps:

- Campfire for warchief
    - Garrosh stays warchief with thrall supervision
    - Thrall returns (likely imo)
    - Voljin takes the seat (likely imo)
    - A council will be created
    - Sylvanas for the fanboys.

But lately we see lore progression of various horde leaders; Vol'jin and Lor'themar.

Vol'jin is a type of a leader that stays rather in the background and only jumps in when shit is about to get down.
    Lor'themar on the other hand, was a pacifist. But now he is going to help the horde in Dalaran and he gets more annoyed by the Alliance than before.

Other options:
    - Zaela: she can get closer to Garrosh to secretely kill him since Garrosh definitely has his eyes on her :>
    - Anduin becomes forsaken and he is determined to stop the alliance. Because Lor'themar speaks with him about the true existence of the Horde is because of the Alliance?
    - A (random?) orc will take over.
    - Baine gets appointed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    SERIOUS UPDATE:
    During ComicCon in NYC, Blizz stated that they don't have anything planned for Saurfang and that "maybe he can show up" they also began to talk about how they can't update everyones character, every expansion. This to me means that Saurfang will NOT be warchief opening up an opportunity for Baine or Vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    SERIOUS UPDATE:
    During ComicCon in NYC, Blizz stated that they don't have anything planned for Saurfang and that "maybe he can show up" they also began to talk about how they can't update everyones character, every expansion. This to me means that Saurfang will NOT be warchief opening up an opportunity for Baine or Vol'jin.
    From what the comiccon revealed, I highly doubt it will be vol'jin now. And I'm honestly worried if they intend to have vol'jin alive by the end. Garrosh uses the kor'kron to ambush and poison vol'jin, I think it causes him to become near mute, where he just managed to give you his hearthstone to go find Thrall, and get him to the echo isles to fend of the kor'kron there.
    From all accounts, if he survived, it won't put vol'jin in a good place.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    - Anduin becomes forsaken and he is determined to stop the alliance. Because Lor'themar speaks with him about the true existence of the Horde is because of the Alliance?
    Huh? Lor'themar doesn't speak to anduin about anything, he's talking to Aethas and Rommath when he makes that statement, nothing at all to do with Anduin.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    From what the comiccon revealed, I highly doubt it will be vol'jin now. And I'm honestly worried if they intend to have vol'jin alive by the end. Garrosh uses the kor'kron to ambush and poison vol'jin, I think it causes him to become near mute, where he just managed to give you his hearthstone to go find Thrall, and get him to the echo isles to fend of the kor'kron there.
    From all accounts, if he survived, it won't put vol'jin in a good place.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 01:42 PM ----------

Huh? Lor'themar doesn't speak to anduin about anything, he's talking to Aethas and Rommath when he makes that statement, nothing at all to do with Anduin.
    *fan fiction, one can imagine right =P

Again, is that thunder i hear?

Garrosh killed Cairne, bombed Jaina's home and now attacks Vol'jin. I think Blizzard is clearing the path for the return of Thrall. All this events are aimed to giving Thrall a reason to take Garrosh out and come back.

Garrosh should be wishing that someone else kills him before Thrall gets his hands on him after all this because, oh boy, Garrosh attacking everyone Thrall cares about and destroying everythig he has built is not going to like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    You realize these guys are warchiefs of separate orc clans and not a part of the Horde?
    Which was the entire point of the post, he even said that they weren't Warchief of "the Horde". Point being, both the leader of Orcs and the leader of the Horde uses the title Warchief, but that doesn't mean that only Orcs can be Warchief of the Horde. It just so happened that the first leader of the Horde was an Orc, and so that title was used.

The kor'kron, who I use to think were alright, have proven to be violent bastards who care nothing for the bonds Thrall made with the other races, they are simply drones of a tyrant warchief now. So it makes me wonder, if the Kor'kron are going to be Garrosh's defenders in SoO, they will obviously die, so who will be the defenders of the horde if they are gone after mists.
    I'd assume that they would keep the name Kor'Kron and replace all the followers of Garrosh with those who are loyal to the Horde itself. Or just make a new version of "organization" because the name Kor'Kron might cause fear among those who experienced/witnessed what the Kor'Kron did under Garrosh's rule.

While reading about the Kor'Kron on wowpedia I was met by this:
    However, the Kor'kron Loyalist that helps bring the goblins into the Horde seems to be loyal to Thrall alone.
    I wonder what happened to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post

We know the community is divided in several president camps:

- Campfire for warchief
    - Garrosh stays warchief with thrall supervision
    - Thrall returns (likely imo)
    - Voljin takes the seat (likely imo)
    - A council will be created
    - Sylvanas for the fanboys.
    Why do people keep labeling as those who think Sylvanas is a very interesting character as "fanboys". We're all fanboys of WoW but every thread isn't begun with "Hello fanboys". The necrophilia joke is getting old too.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Again, is that thunder i hear?

Garrosh killed Cairne, bombed Jaina's home and now attacks Vol'jin. I think Blizzard is clearing the path for the return of Thrall. All this events are aimed to giving Thrall a reason to take Garrosh out and come back.
    Blizzard is clearing the path for a new Warchief, all that Garrosh has done, he's done simply because we need a reason to take him out. That doesn't necessarily mean that Thrall is returning as Warchief. Nor does it exclude the option of his possible return, it doesn't imply anything about Thrall at all.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt