MoP Frost Mage Unresolve Macro Issue

I've Been petitioning this for a very long time and new patches has been coming since MoP has been release but up to now the problem on Frost Mage New skill still exist.

When you make a Long Macro with Frozen Orb in it, the macro identifies it as the ITEM Frozen Orb. The reason for this is because they both has exactly the same name and the item has existed longer than the new skill. Blizzard kept on replying to me that it is a known problem and they will fix this but up to now its still not resolved. Read the new patch 5.1 even in it you wont find they made a fix on the problem, so as on old patches. I doubt it will come on 5.2 and beyond either.

So when are they planing on fixing a SIMPLE naming issue? next expansion? WTF is that...

The problem is simple and easy to fix, just change the dam spelling and implement it on a hot fix overnight. Why are they ignoring it? if your gana read the blue post they have replied and given more attention to nonesense questions rather than problems like this.

They can just edit the name of the skill by adding a letter or change the spelling of the old item.

If you guys want to try it out, make a macro long macro and make sure theres #showtooltip on it. It funy and anoying at the same time cause when you mouse point it will say Frozen Orb 5g. If thats intentional then wtf they expecting us to do? trow the dam item into a raid boss? I dont even have the item.

I know how to make a macro...as I said they did reply to me that they are aware of the problem and thats proof. Im just raging cause I dont see it anywhere in all the patch notes.

Deleted
    I can't found out if /cast can cast spell by SpellId. If it was the case, it will resolve the problem. If not, Blizzard have to change the name of one of the 2.

I'm not sure it can be hotfixed and if it need a client patch, there's a lot of chance that they will wait for 5.1.
    Another things, changing the name isn't this simple has the name have to be changed in all languages.

I wonder if writing it as Frozen Orb() would work as it used to back when ranks actually existed

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

5.1 patch notes already come out and NO they havent fix it yet. So we have to wait longer for it and I doubt they will even look at it. They will keep on replying they are aware of the issue and are working on it but macro users are only 5% out of the million players so I doubt they will fit it in there schedule.

Same goes with the dual demonic leap exploit, unlimited finisher paladin exploit, druid F.Fire macro not reading ",null" and wont skip to the next sequence, Frost Orb Name issue, etc etc. I keep on reporting this but since theres only a very few who uses macro i doubt they will change it.

The only time they will is if someone will post it on youtube similar to the DK Freindly Fire Macro which has already been fixed after the massacre in the cities and posting it on youtube.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:41 PM ----------

Nope, they have removed spell rank so it will just mess up the macro more. I doubt this will get fix till next expansion which is 2-3 years from now. This tread itself has like 2 replies and the least view cause people dont use, dont know how to make, and dont know the importance of macro. So why would blizzard bother fixing it.

Im actualy enjoying using some of the exploit created by macros on other class, but Im mad about the mage naming issue cause its my main which raids every week.

I know they've removed spell ranks, obviously, but for a time at least, the () notation was still valid...I haven't tried it since the removal (aside from before modifying macros), but I was suggesting that if the macro-parser still parses it, it might work. Until/unless you try it, you can't say it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I'm think your wrong in telling they will not fix it.

They have made the "mage bomb" spell after a lot of user complain about macro and switching L75's talents.

/cast Frozen Orb() works for me in current version (5.0.5).

Deleted
    /cast Mage Bomb

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    /cast Mage Bomb

You're welcome.
    That would cast the wrong spell entirely
    He wants Frozen Orb, not Frost Bomb

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I wonder if writing it as Frozen Orb() would work as it used to back when ranks actually existed
    Yes, this works. I currently use it in my burst macro.

Deleted
    Actually, I'm using the standard "/cast frozen orb" without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Actually, I'm using the standard "/cast frozen orb" without problem.
    The problem only arises if you have the Frozen Orb item in your bags or your bank(!).
    So the work around to make the macro work is to send those items to an alt.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by virmundi View Post
    The problem only arises if you have the Frozen Orb item in your bags or your bank(!).
    So the work around to make the macro work is to send those items to an alt.
    I made my mage in cata and had never done any wrath heroics until last night when a guildie wanted ruby void achievement. When I rolled and won the frozen orb my macro immediately changed. Even though I mailed it to an alt the problem still persisted. My work around was to delete itemcache and I will just not do any wrath heroics on my mage anymore, or if I do, just delete the cache again. Hope this helped.