Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enough with the horde , what will happen with Magni ?

Where will we get any update on this? Our leader is frozen , we have no idea what will happen with him and at this time against the horde it would by amazing (from my pov) for him to wake up after an attack on Ironforge or a similar fact. He has been frozen for FAR too long :S

Any ideas / views on this matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you alliance get to have some speculation on if blizzard will ever get back to him or not. Tauren don't have this, they lost Cairne without any chance of seeing his return.
    #boycottchina

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say this, but I honestly believe he is frozen for good.

I'm sure they answered recently that we shouldn't expect any developments this expansion in one of the many interviews they've given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Boring faction leader with zero interesting history. Hope he doesn't return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Didn't he craft the hilt for Ashbringer, or some other legendary weapon? I've always liked Magni but that's mainly because I like dwarves in general, I always thought he had some interesting lore but I can't say that I've actually read it. I should probably head over to wowpedia/wowwiki right about.. now.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnous View Post
    Where will we get any update on this? Our leader is frozen , we have no idea what will happen with him and at this time against the horde it would by amazing (from my pov) for him to wake up after an attack on Ironforge or a similar fact. He has been frozen for FAR too long :S

Any ideas / views on this matter?
    He was indeed standing around doing nothing, and the new council is interesting. To be honest I feel that the Wildhammer and Bronzebeards have put up with the Dark Iron's shit far too long. It's about time they ally against them, but I guess their leader being Magni's daughter complicates things..
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-10-15 at 02:12 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    At least you alliance get to have some speculation on if blizzard will ever get back to him or not. Tauren don't have this, they lost Cairne without any chance of seeing his return.
    Didn't Cairne become more powerful than we could ever imagine when he was struck down?

Magni gets a new beard.
    The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the last thing we know is that thrall could sense his presence so he is not dead and hes is currently fully aware of everything that is happening in his mountains. Only question is when we will see the story of him evolve further. I don't expect it to happen this expansion though.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    ^^ muradin and bran are more interesting. Would rather see more varian/jaina alliance lore myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about the gnome guy... i dont even remember his name
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    High Tinker Mekkatorque ?

Last I heard, he's not frozen, he's pure crystal or diamond or something. It's not like with Tirion where he can bust out of the shell or we can crack it open to free him, it's his complete molecular makeup. He's not a living thing at this point, he's a rock.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Last I heard, he's not frozen, he's pure crystal or diamond or something. It's not like with Tirion where he can bust out of the shell or we can crack it open to free him, it's his complete molecular makeup. He's not a living thing at this point, he's a rock.
    Actually hes part of the mountain right now well according to thrall he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    While he's a rock, he's apparently still alive. Kind of.

When Thrall's essence raced headlong through the leagues and leagues of earth that unfurled around him during his meditation he moved beneath the Eastern Kingdoms. There a presence stirred in the mountains of Khaz Modan. The spirit there was strong, but it was not an elemental. It was, strangely, like Thrall: a mortal who had transcended the bounds of flesh. The unknown being patrolled the ancient earth of the region as if it was keeping a silent vigil over the land. It spoke in a dwarven accent that echoed across Azeroth. "For behold, we are earthen, o' the land, and its soul is ours, its pain is ours, its heartbeat is ours..."
    From http://www.wowpedia.org/Magni_Bronzebeard
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

About the same time they resolve the Magatha Grimtotem storyline I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnous View Post
    He has been frozen for FAR too long :S
    Haha how times have changed. He's been in ice for like two years? How long was it before Varian came back? From Vanilla to Wrath launch wasn't it? He's the KING OF STORMWIND and LEADER OF THE ALLIANCE lol.

Lies. Though the tensions in the new dwarf council are an interesting development. I think the real answer here is MORE DWARF LORE!!!

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    At least he had the whole Operation Gnomeregan thing, save your pity for poor Lorthemar Theron :P

Well but we did now something about Varian when we did BRD

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it interesting that certain Pandaren have turned to stone upon their death. Perhaps there is something in the Titan ruins located in Pandaria that might be relevant to Magni's transformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Lies. Though the tensions in the new dwarf council are an interesting development. I think the real answer here is MORE DWARF LORE!!!
    I never said that Dwarf lore should be ignored or disregarded. Only that Magni himself is a boring faction leader. Moira and Bran are infinitely more interesting faction leaders, than Magni.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-15 at 03:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine you'll see anything about Magni any time soon. At least not until they move along the story line of the Council of Three Hammers and I can't see them squeezing something like that into the current story arcs that are present in MoP atm.

Remember, it took all of Vanilla and BC before you saw the return of the King of Stormwind and we had to wait through BC, WotLK AND Cataclysm before they really did anything with Loth'remar Theron.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)