Deleted

What is wrong with people?

It's beyond my imagination why people complains about rep grinding trough daily quests. Read this thread - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3276801?page=2 - at the US forums and i honestly don't understand these people.

Hands down, Cataclysm was the worst expansion in terms of having something to do besides raiding. People had no incentives to log into wow and people quit in masses. Iddling in Stormwind and killing critters was Cataclysm's contribution to this game.

Finally blizzard reacts and gave people something to do. And guess what people are actually complaining about it! Personally i don't have time to daily's every day and if i'am doing them i pick those i benefit from the most. I don't complain i'am just happy there something to do when i log on.

I sincerely hope that blizzard will ignore these anoying kids and let the game stay at is is. Giving more valor points or more rep is fine with me. I don't want a relatively small part of the community to ruin the game for me because they are lazy as fuck.

They did it the wrong way. Call me a lore fanboi but lore explained it perfectly.

They could've left the way the rep system was & still had stuff to do.

We have scenarios, pet battles, 2-3 optional reputations that give vanity awards (might be 4...).

We have 5.1 coming up with I assume an optional daily hub for pvp'ers (can pve I suppose as well) as wells as brawlers guild. I also remember seeing somewhere that they stated brawlers guild & proving grounds are 2 different things so proving grounds is still coming.

Theres alot to do besides dailies. They went about it wrong, I honestly re-rolled to my ele shaman. Haven't touched dailies on my shaman. One for the fact I cannot figure out why the golden lotus wont give me dailies even though I completed the starting quest. I mean why should I do dailies? Its a game, if I don't wanna do them why do them.

The same goes for other people. Dailies are not required by any means, if yoru wiping on a 2-5% wipe on a raid in heroic well then honestly play better a constant 20% wipe might be a gear issue at that point or skill issue. I mean look at top guilds. Some of them are clearing 25m heroic in more than half 463 gear.

What does that tell you? Its completely possible, I still don't understand why people complain about it but they just went about it wrong.

Okay, I'll bite. A lot of people hate doing dailies and don't like that they're almost mandatory for raiding. I don't mind them if they're just for a fun/cosmetic reward like the cloud serpent dailies, but I don't like them being tied to raid gear. We already have to grind up the valor points to buy the gear, so having to grind out four separate reps just to be able to spend the valor points we earned feels excessive. I hope they reconsider this system in future patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they allowed people to grind dungeons no one would do the dailies they would grind the dungeons until everything was exatled & all the content that are in the dailies would have gone to waste & people would complain about theres nothing to do than. People just want the easy way out with little with no or little effort. I like the way things are right now, I actually feel some pride about getting max rep on a faction that it toke time & dedication to complete them everyday without having to sit my butt in the main city hitting the dungeon queue over & over as a Tank.

Nothing wrong with the way Reputation is, Like the OP said people are just to dam lazy & want everything handed to them with little or no effort.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-10-15 at 04:30 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other main difference is now, completely divorced of VP, all those daily-grind factions actually have cool stuff attached to them beyond low-tier epics and head/shoulder enchants.

We're back to the days of factions rewarding awesome mounts at exalted, as well as the new (and awesome) concept of cool-looking transmog weapons. Totally optional and really cool.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Blizzard spoiled people with easy tabard grinding. The idea of having to work for their rep now is suddenly annoying people.

I'm of the opinion that it's the right move from Blizzard, but I wonder if they should have padded the blow somehow (tabards up to a point or some nonsensical thing). Tabards are a reward now, not a method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. A lot of people hate doing dailies and don't like that they're almost mandatory for raiding. I don't mind them if they're just for a fun/cosmetic reward like the cloud serpent dailies, but I don't like them being tied to raid gear. We already have to grind up the valor points to buy the gear, so having to grind out four separate reps just to be able to spend the valor points we earned feels excessive. I hope they reconsider this system in future patches.
    They already have. The reason why this system is like it currently is is because they were planning on having the Valor Upgrade system functionable for launch. Now it is set for 5.1. This gives the meaningful choice of "Oh, I can upgrade the gear I currently have or I can earn the reputation to buy the epic piece and upgrade that". The moment that system comes into effect, it should alleviate some tears.

loving the dalies, i feel like I accomplished something when i get a mount. I do feel however the addition of valor gear and charms did take it a step too far.

anyone who calls them "mandatory" is just wrong, and ignorant. People will complain about anything and everything, as long as it exists, there will be complainers. Not just wow, but everything in life. The world keeps on spinning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new system.

Complainers be damned. They'll complain about anything. (Yeah, I know, ad hominem..)

I like the new system because it gives the game some depth and something to gradually play towards. It rewards consistent play and participating in activities outside of the Shrines. It's fun for me to log in, get through my dailies while chatting away in gchat. One of my greatest memories in WoW was the Shattered Sun Offensive, what a fun time. Perhaps I'm odd for liking dailies but I just love the feel of the "world".
    Last edited by WarpKnight; 2012-10-15 at 04:59 AM.

I'm liking it. I play MMOs for the feeling of a slow grind towards a reward, WoW got more and more rushed through wotlk and cata it's nice to look forward to an item for a couple weeks. I'm not sure the grind should have been completely removed from the dungeons (something small like 2-3 rep per dungeon mantid kill for klaxxi etc would be nice), but I'm glad it's not tabards for 17 rep per kill anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    How is it mandatory for raiding? You mean the epic quality item you can buy with valor points? The ones that cost more than 1000 valor points so that you can buy one every 2 weeks? Oh I see these items that nobody of all the raiders that are already raiding use because they aren't mandatory.

I don't understand how people say that they have to grind reputation for weeks before they can start raiding when there are already a lot of guilds that raid. Blizzard's intention of gearing is to run normal dungeons and heroic dungeons to get raid ready. Daily quests are only there to give another way for casual players to gain valor points, better equipment and some gold. If you want to raid there are other ways to get the needed gear.

But I think the people complaining are the same one from late WotLK and Cataclysm that think that you need a complete set of epic quality before you can start raiding. Guilds are aleady raiding with average itemlevel of 450-460 and are only capped in the needed stats like hit and expertise. They've already beaten heroic mode with gear so "bad" that they can't enter LFR (itemlevel 463 needed) and still there are people claiming they can't start raiding without the epics you can get from the factions.

They shouldn't change that you need a certain reputation before you can buy the epics but they should change the needed average itemlevel you need to enter LFR. 463 is a heroic (dungeon) item in almost every slot (it gets rounded up) which can take a lot of time or some kind of cheating with PVP gear. Justice gear is 453 and heroic is 463 so make the needed itemlevel for LFR 459 so that you can have half justice gear and half heroic dungeon gear and with some crafted epics you can reach this itemlevel even more easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    It's beyond my imagination why people complains about rep grinding trough daily quests. Read this thread - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3276801?page=2 - at the US forums and i honestly don't understand these people.

Hands down, Cataclysm was the worst expansion in terms of having something to do besides raiding. People had no incentives to log into wow and people quit in masses. Iddling in Stormwind and killing critters was Cataclysm's contribution to this game.

Finally blizzard reacts and gave people something to do. And guess what people are actually complaining about it! Personally i don't have time to daily's every day and if i'am doing them i pick those i benefit from the most. I don't complain i'am just happy there something to do when i log on.

I sincerely hope that blizzard will ignore these anoying kids and let the game stay at is is. Giving more valor points or more rep is fine with me. I don't want a relatively small part of the community to ruin the game for me because they are lazy as fuck.
    You're the kind of fanboy who would applaud Blizzard for giving you a hammer you could use to smash your genitals every day since it's something to do. We right thinking people are not satisfied with just something, anything to do. We'd like it to be fun instead of boring or painful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post

There are two sides of the coin. Yes, there are extra stuff to do, in fact there's so much stuff to do, that it was pretty unnecessary of blizzard to force dedicated players to constantly also do every possible daily quest. I get why people are complaining. I almost feel burnt out from raiding heroics and doing dailys with the rest of my time, because I'm an enchanter and must get that rep with shado-pan, not to mention the epic items from rep with the rest of the factions.

Point is, dailys feel very mandatory for raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    How is it mandatory for raiding? You mean the epic quality item you can buy with valor points? The ones that cost more than 1000 valor points so that you can buy one every 2 weeks? Oh I see these items that nobody of all the raiders that are already raiding use because they aren't mandatory.

I don't understand how people say that they have to grind reputation for weeks before they can start raiding when there are already a lot of guilds that raid. Blizzard's intention of gearing is to run normal dungeons and heroic dungeons to get raid ready. Daily quests are only there to give another way for casual players to gain valor points, better equipment and some gold. If you want to raid there are other ways to get the needed gear.

But I think the people complaining are the same one from late WotLK and Cataclysm that think that you need a complete set of epic quality before you can start raiding. Guilds are aleady raiding with average itemlevel of 450-460 and are only capped in the needed stats like hit and expertise. They've already beaten heroic mode with gear so "bad" that they can't enter LFR (itemlevel 463 needed) and still there are people claiming they can't start raiding without the epics you can get from the factions.

They shouldn't change that you need a certain reputation before you can buy the epics but they should change the needed average itemlevel you need to enter LFR. 463 is a heroic (dungeon) item in almost every slot (it gets rounded up) which can take a lot of time or some kind of cheating with PVP gear. Justice gear is 453 and heroic is 463 so make the needed itemlevel for LFR 459 so that you can have half justice gear and half heroic dungeon gear and with some crafted epics you can reach this itemlevel even more easily.
    Who said you have to grind dailys BEFORE you can start raiding? you do it on the side of the raiding. Also, about the epics, if you are a min maxer (which every dedicated raider should be) the rep grind is something you can't skip. Just feels like they could have smoothed that out. I'm not complaining too much myself, but I can see why others find it dull.

And, if I was a guild leader/officer, and a guy in 450 showed up in my raid while we wipe on heroic mode enrage timers or the sort, I would kick him the fuck out of the group for showing such a lack of dedication not being able to have at least a full set of 463 3 weeks after launch.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-10-15 at 06:13 AM.

I do not want Tabards back in the game, and those people are moronic for wanting Blizz to just throw Tabards right back in.

But they definitely went a little to far in the other direction. The Daily Quest grind is far to long and obnoxious. Honestly 1/3 or even half the amount of Quests whilst keeping the same Rep would be perfect. It takes me anywhere from 2-2.5 hours to complete every factions dailies, and that is just over the top.

If people do what Blizzard want them to do and only do 1 or 2 factions at a time, it would literally takes months and months to complete every faction, and even Casuals would have to start to think that's ridiculous.