Thread: Demonic Gateway

Demonic Gateway

I enjoy soloing old content and recently as I was attempting old bosses which I wasn't able to solo before at 85, I discover that demonic gateway can largely contribute to my survival. By entering the gate and get teleported, the boss immediately loses aggro on me and switch to 1 of the wild imps, thereby enabling me to significantly reduce the damage taken on me. I run with dual demonology spec, one for DPS and one for tank.

Depending on the fight, Tank spec will be my staple unless burn tactic is more beneficial then I will be using DPS spec and let my pet tank.

Also I am curious to know, within that 1 sec+ teleportation duration, are we susceptible to damage? Say if we were to teleport right through the (Flanking orders - row of mogu warriors) from the Spirit Kings.
    [/URL]

Also I am curious to know, within that 1 sec+ teleportation duration, are we susceptible to damage? Say if we were to teleport right through the (Flanking orders - row of mogu warriors) from the Spirit Kings.
    I believe you are because you are not getting teleported. Instead your character is getting moved very quickly from point A to point B.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windyx View Post
    I enjoy soloing old content and recently as I was attempting old bosses which I wasn't able to solo before at 85, I discover that demonic gateway can largely contribute to my survival. By entering the gate and get teleported, the boss immediately loses aggro on me and switch to 1 of the wild imps, thereby enabling me to significantly reduce the damage taken on me. I run with dual demonology spec, one for DPS and one for tank.

Depending on the fight, Tank spec will be my staple unless burn tactic is more beneficial then I will be using DPS spec and let my pet tank.

Far as I know people have tested it and you are immune to damage for that split second you are traveling between portals.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing LFR the other day, and this asshole lock decided to drop a Demonic Portal on the melee. Locks please, don't be that guy.
    Sorry that was completely off topic, but the thread title reminded me of it.