More Elegon Help Please!

Hey guys, I posted a thread in here last week and got responses but I am back :/ and we still have not gotten Elegon down. We seem to still be getting about 7-8 stacks on the boss going into the last phase. When we pop into last phase we normally get him to about 11-14 percent before while all stacked in the middle. We have also tried alternating running out dropping stacks but it seems like the dmg is always > than the healing. I am actually the hpriest on the logs. Any feedback, tips or strategies would be much appreciated. We are now up to 107 attempts on this boss with many of them getting to last phase.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vnf2yv4flcqru9df/

Deleted
    If you can hit the last phase, im not gonna go into tactics too deep.
    But what we did is we only had 2 dps to kill the big add on "normal" phase and that pretty much gave us the dps needed to take it down before enrage.
    Ofc rest of your dps needs to help with the last 20%.
    And you need to have atleast 4 and 5 waves on the orbs. If you only manage kill 4 and 4 it will become super close with the enrage timer.
    We atleast just wiped on the first week if we didnt get 5waves killed on the first transition. (This week we did 4 waves and 5waves and went down with 20-30s left on the enrage).

Do you know what percent Elegon is coming out of pillar phase 1 and what percentage goin into the final burn? My guild gets 75% on the first and around 35 on the second.

Now, out of personal experience, going from 3-3 waves dead (aka 8 total stacks) to 4-4 waves (10 stacks) brought our attempts from 20% to a kill. If its possible for your guild to do that, I would say that is where you pick up the majority of the remaining percent. Your prot pally seems a little low on the damage but WoL on the iPhone is hard to navigate.

Good luck.

We usually about him at approximately 30 percent going into the last phase and usually always 7 stacks but struggling to get 8 stacks. Also another one of our big problems is getting the conduits down at the same time giving us a ton of ads. What is the best way to deal with the ads so people aren't taking a shit load of dmg? Our prot pallys dmg is low since our druid stays on the boss most of the fight and basically heals himself.

Make sure that you group up (as best as possible) the adds in a designated spot. We like right in front of the console and just nuke them down. Ranged should try to kill them before they reach the tank as they do hit quite hard but move slowly.

Additionally, when the closest pillar on each side ones down get out of that area and start meeting up, that made the difference. It is a rough transition but make sure you are utilizing the 50 healing taken and damage buff to help out.

What exactly are you struggling with on the 4th wave of adds? It's going to be tough to beat the enrage without at least killing the fourth set once.

actually 3-3 works fine in 10s.
    30 seconds left on enrage on our firstkill today.
    with 4-4 u waste about a minute of time in last phase, where the boss burns fast as hell and no adds spawn.1 minute more time in last phase with 80 % dmg increase is way more worth than 100 % dmg increase.

we had 2 adds in first phase1, 4 adds (with a short dmg stop an elegon) in second phase 1, after that just burn the boss and heal like mad. No one did reset stacks except tanks.

I only recommend doing 4-4 if u have shitty healers.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2012-10-15 at 06:24 AM.

You should have 2 adds in the first phase 1, and 3 adds in the second phase 1. In phase 2, you should be able to kill 4 orbs, and then make sure all dpsers focus the boss while the 5th orbs travel towards pillars to drop his HP. As soon as pillars drop, start AoEing, and drag any remaining adds to the boss to get cleaved down. Multi-dot and cleave the adds that spawn in Phase 1, and make sure that they die about 5 seconds before the next ones spawn.

For the second phase 2, you can just kill 3 adds if you want, then make sure all dps switch to the boss again. You need to figure out exactly how many you can kill reliably and aim for that number, then focus on the boss afterwards while waiting for the transition to Phase 3 to start.

In the end, once everyone is stacked up, bloodlust. Have a set cycle of cooldowns to burn, and the first cooldown should be done by someone smart enough to know when it's needed. Don't try to reset stacks in the last phase unless it's a class with an immunity or dispersion or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sakkdaddy View Post
    In the end, once everyone is stacked up, bloodlust. Have a set cycle of cooldowns to burn, and the first cooldown should be done by someone smart enough to know when it's needed. Don't try to reset stacks in the last phase unless it's a class with an immunity or dispersion or something.
    Does that include the tanks as well? Not resetting stacks I mean. We're progressing on the boss atm and we keep failing even before we reach the burn phase because of people having no clue what their assignment is.