Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.1 Tamables on PTR

Hey guys, on this thread I will update on the new tamables found by petopians that will be introduced in 5.1.

Credits due to the fine people of Petopia!

Oh thanks to SilentTracker for reminding me to mention this, All of the uncredited finds are founded by Caelan. I'm not taking credit for anything, I'm just condesing all the stuff into one thread.

Unofficial patch notes
    1. Arcane Serpents ( model name; netherdragon) are tamable on the PTR server! On the PTR they are classified as beasts, while currently on live they are dragonkin. Once tamed, they are classified as serpent and will get serpent's swiftness as their family skill. The Mana Wyrms at belf island and the sea serpents in Vashjir are not yet tamable.
    2. Chibee's size has been greatly reduced. It is currently a huge silkworm on the live server.

GC on stable space https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...42063592742912
    Q: Can we Hunters expect increased Stable Space with these new aweomse pets to tame in 5.1? (it's low for 8years now T_T)
    A: I'm torn on that. It's fun for hunters, but your pet is supposed to be your boon companion, not a list to fill out.
    [/QUOTE]

Pandarian Front, credit to Kalliope.
    Credit to Kalliope and Caelan for finding Bombyx, the Pandarian rare; Dark Silkworm.

Here are the some changes on Pandarian rares.
    - Portent, Rockhide, Bristlespine, Stompy, Savage, and Bloodtooth's tracks are now facing the correct direction. (Thanks, Quivering!)
    - Glimmer and Patrannache (thanks, Quivering!), as well as Hexapos's tracks are still backwards.
    - Silkworm tracks have been datamined
    here and here. (Thanks, Loki!)
    - No tracks have been found at all yet.

Non-Pandarian rares highlights, taken from the thread linked

EASTERN KINGDOMS

Burning Steppes

(Credit to Wain for the discovery!)
    Sunwing
    Lv. 51 Dragonhawk
    Map Location
    Notes: NEW SKIN! It's the beautiful armored dragonhawk! Found in the far southwest corner of the zone.

Swamp of Sorrows

(Credit to Loki for the discovery!)
    Gib the Banana-Hoarder
    Lv. 52 Monkey
    Map Location
    Notes: Aggressive; keeps his fez!

NORTHREND

Borean Tundra

Note: The new tamable Arcane Serpents are classified as Serpent when tame, and so they will learn Serpent Swiftness which is the physical attack speed buff, same as Hyena or the normal Serpent(cobra) modal. Currently in game, they are classified as dragonkin instead of beast.

Arcane Serpent
    Lv. 71-72 Serpent
    Map Location
    Notes: Not a new creature, but a newly tameable one! These fellows were formerly dragonkin. They can be found at the bottom of the Nexus area of Coldarra and along the purple cracks in the ground.

Spirit of the North
    Lv. 70 Serpent
    Map Location
    Notes: Not a new creature, but a newly tameable one! These fellows were formerly dragonkin. There are only two of these. They spawn and path in midair, one about 90 yards off the ground and another about 90 above that. The lower one paths in a slightly tighter circle than the higher one. They both move very slowly.

HOW TO TAME; The easiest way to tame is to target the lower one, fly mid between it and the ground, dismount and quickly agro it with a shot, maybe concussive.

Dragonblight

Arcane Wyrm
    Lv. 71-72 Serpent
    Map Location
    Notes: Not a new creature, but a newly tameable one! These fellows were formerly dragonkin. They were changed to the blue skin during this patch. They can be found all throughout the indicated area, mostly attacking Lothalor Ancients.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2012-10-19 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Liking the Wyrms!

Deleted
    So many new pets to tame, so little space

Arcane Serpents?... To the Northrend mobile!

Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    So many new pets to tame, so little space
    my thoughts exactly - we need more stable space - we also need a portable stable master - i can't even use exotic pets in raids anymore because if i have to switch to SV none of my pets will be usable during a stampede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Awwww no new spirit beasts yet? Dam. I still like the new dragonhawk and the mana serpent pets though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Arcane Serpents?... To the Northrend mobile!
    Take me with you!!!!

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That new dragonhawk is awesome. Might end up replacing my current blue one.

Having made it a point since wrath to collect as many rares as i possibly can, i ran out of stable space a long time ago.

Between Gondria, maghria, arcturis, ghostcrawler, banthalos, loquenahak, Skoll (the no-longer unique lightning worg), karoma, sambas, karkin, skarr, dethtilac, anthriss, skitterflame, (the other rare spider whose name escapes me), ashtail, snort, the lone hunter (still has sword in his head), undead boar (eternally set on fire by the quest item used to kill the npcs), the brain aq boss, humar the pride-lord, and 1 slot reserved for any buff my pets may not have that i need to bring to a particular raid. . . . i have zero space left. (not to mention i havent caught the green tiger from hyjal yet, i stopped looking when i ran out of space).

Actually, i think i may have already deleted ashtail, and when these new mana wyrms go live ill prolly delete the AQ brain bug. (R.I.P. starship troopers).

TLDR: NEED MOAR SPACE

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    my thoughts exactly - we need more stable space - we also need a portable stable master - i can't even use exotic pets in raids anymore because if i have to switch to SV none of my pets will be usable during a stampede.
    if you have exotics in your stable and you use stampede as survival it fills in the extra spots with your main pet... i dunno how people got the idea that stampede just doesn't work as SV with exotics in your list.

kinda sad people do not even test that for themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    if you have exotics in your stable and you use stampede as survival it fills in the extra spots with your main pet... i dunno how people got the idea that stampede just doesn't work as SV with exotics in your list.

kinda sad people do not even test that for themselves...
    I did test it before a raid on one of those portable dummies that people have now. I used stampede and did not see my spirit beast in the group of my pets. There were many other people beating on the dummy so I wasn't able to see what pets were out - just that my spirit beast wasn't there. So don't get so high and mighty making your assumptions. I don't know why people can be such jerks on forums. What you said would have been completely sufficient if you had just left off the last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    I did test it before a raid on one of those portable dummies that people have now. I used stampede and did not see my spirit beast in the group of my pets. There were many other people beating on the dummy so I wasn't able to see what pets were out - just that my spirit beast wasn't there. So don't get so high and mighty making your assumptions. I don't know why people can be such jerks on forums. What you said would have been completely sufficient if you had just left off the last sentence.

Youre the one that "got so high and mighty making your assumptions"...

Read again what the guy said... He is right when he said that if you're Surv the other 4 summomed pets for the stampede are 'copyies' of your main. On his last sentence he just said that he dont know why people think that Stampede wont work if youre surv and have 4 Exotic pets with you besides your main 'normal' pet.

He didnt said nothing about Exotics beeing summoned as Surv...
    Last edited by Warrada; 2012-10-15 at 08:10 PM.

Thought I'd just post here. Someone, on the Petopia message boards, said that there's a Cloud "Serpent" with a diet on the public test realm. I don't know if the other 2 Cloud "Serpents" labeled as beasts have a diet. I didn't get an answer.
    Exotics are special to Beast Masters! And retards will forever be retards!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Youre the one that "got so high and mighty making your assumptions"...

Read again what the guy said... He is right when he said that if you're Surv the other 4 summomed pets for the stampede are 'copyies' of your main. On his last sentence he just said that he dont know why people think that Stampede wont work if youre surv and have 4 Exotic pets with you besides your main 'normal' pet.

He didnt said nothing about Exotics beeing summoned as Surv...
    His comment was in response to what I said about not having an exotic pet with me anymore because when I switch to SV I can't use it. I don't even know what you're talking about.

I'm not claiming he's wrong. I clearly was wrong, but I did test it out - as I explained in my last post. I just wasn't able to see that one of my pets was copied, I only saw that my Spirit Beast wasn't there.

I think you must not have read the entire exchange.

Blizzard have really outdone themselves here. Such simple yet awesome content.

no they have not... we need more space honestly. Nothing new except wyrms. Just a bunch of color changes imo, nothing to special. Anyone know what buff/debuff/ability those wyrms have?
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    no they have not... we need more space honestly. Nothing new except wyrms. Just a bunch of color changes imo, nothing to special. Anyone know what buff/debuff/ability those wyrms have?
    same as serpents im guessing, since thats what they would be classified as
    I see Stupid people!

Northrend Wyrms and armored Dragonhawk are the only two I'm excited for.

Just wait, I bet with these new skins and new pets we may see an increase in the stable slot as well
    And don't forget to post and tweet about this to the devs!
    "I can understand why gw2 fans are mad, they hyped their game for 2 years.
    Called all other games bad and it still pretty much failed in 2 weeks."

can we get info on the arcane wyrms. whats spells do they get and what family are they?