Deleted

Haste threshold?

Hi

Have anyone seen some good math tables on haste threshold for MOP?
    And how this would effect stats prio for the different spec's. mostly aff sense haste has been the strongest stat for a long time and now with mastery passing haste wouldn't certain threshold still be better?

Deleted
    Thanks a lot. Very nice to finally see some numbers.

But from what I read from different simcrafts mastery is better then haste for aff during all stages of gear ilvl. By the end of this teir haste gets closer to mastery in statweigth but for a progression point u will get more DPS while stacking mastery over any haste thresholds.
    Have anyone really looked into how threshold affect statweigth? with the 1st step would be 872 haste to gain 1 more tick of every dot (this is done with just having the 5% raid buff). How does the threshold do at 3056, to gain 1 more tick on agony and malefic grasp affect the DPS?
    Will it be better to reforge so I gain this threshold at some point? Sense the stat weight of mastery and haste if fairly similar at the point u get full HC gear at this teir.
    And will aff lock's ever pass the 4717 threshold before the end of MOP if not going full haste? I mean will this threshold ever be reached without going for a "weaker" stat?

The real Q is really when/if will it be better to make sure that u are pass a threshold to gain max DPS. Assuming it's a patchwork fight and u have SS for Hunt all the time.
    Or will haste always be a weaker stat and the tweaking of gear will be mastery>haste and just be happy if/when u pass a certain threshold?

Quote Originally Posted by Finken View Post
    Thanks a lot. Very nice to finally see some numbers.

But from what I read from different simcrafts mastery is better then haste for aff during all stages of gear ilvl. By the end of this teir haste gets closer to mastery in statweigth but for a progression point u will get more DPS while stacking mastery over any haste thresholds.
    Have anyone really looked into how threshold affect statweigth? with the 1st step would be 872 haste to gain 1 more tick of every dot (this is done with just having the 5% raid buff). How does the threshold do at 3056, to gain 1 more tick on agony and malefic grasp affect the DPS?
    Will it be better to reforge so I gain this threshold at some point? Sense the stat weight of mastery and haste if fairly similar at the point u get full HC gear at this teir.
    And will aff lock's ever pass the 4717 threshold before the end of MOP if not going full haste? I mean will this threshold ever be reached without going for a "weaker" stat?

The real Q is really when/if will it be better to make sure that u are pass a threshold to gain max DPS. Assuming it's a patchwork fight and u have SS for Hunt all the time.
    Or will haste always be a weaker stat and the tweaking of gear will be mastery>haste and just be happy if/when u pass a certain threshold?
    All those questions can be answered by running a reforge plot on Simcraft. None of us can honestly say as it depends on your character and your gear.

Deleted
    True, but sense I barley have the time to raid atm I was hoping to get some fast answers here instead of having to the work for my self :P

I might be asking the question wrong. Is there or is there not a DPS gain in being over certain thresholds? in general that is. Or will is stacking mastery always better then having a certain number of haste?

There is a DPS gain from being above a haste threshold, because of how Haste interacts with DoTs. Going above a threshold not only gives you an extra tick, it does so by lengthening the spell (UA starts at 14s, gets shorter and shorter with more Haste as the ticks get quicker, than goes back to 14s at a threshold). When you go above a haste threshold you have to cast less spells to refresh your DoTs over the course of a fight.

with the 1st step would be 872 haste to gain 1 more tick of every dot (this is done with just having the 5% raid buff). How does the threshold do at 3056, to gain 1 more tick on agony and malefic grasp affect the DPS?
    It is almost impossible to not be over the 3056 Haste threshold because of how bad crit is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually did a reforge plot when I was at the 3k haste mark and rest mastery and it showed Haste taking a dip if I went below the treshold. I then tried a reforge where I went full haste, and my dps dropped by a whopping 30 dps. So yeah, for my gear at least Haste above the treshold, and then just keep haste/mastery in tact and reforge out of crit/hit was the way to go. My gear is kinda crappy, and high on mastery/hit so I can't get the 4700-ish haste treshold for 2nd extra tick of Corruption or else I would have checked on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Thankyou, was looking for this information instead of all the clutter in the other google-doc.

So it begs the question, and one that I've been trying to answer through sims and such, do you only hold haste at a higher stat weight when a threshold is reachable?

If I'm able to hit 4717 (raid) haste, then should I reforge to hit that exact number? I would think anything above or in between thresholds will not improve DPS as much as throwing those stats into mastery would. If I am only able to hit 6000 haste by hard reforging, then it is in my best interest to remain at 4717 until I can comfortably hit 6400, correct?

I am suspecting that this is the case when it comes to the ambiguity between haste and mastery. It seems that once I can hit a threshold, or a threshold is reachable, Simcraft weights mastery higher.

It is reasonable to assume that the decrease in overall DoT time and increase in time between ticks that haste provides does not improve DPS as much as reforging into mastery would. Can anyone corroborate this claim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemsky View Post
    So it begs the question, and one that I've been trying to answer through sims and such, do you only hold haste at a higher stat weight when a threshold is reachable?

If I'm able to hit 4717 (raid) haste, then should I reforge to hit that exact number? I would think anything above or in between thresholds will not improve DPS as much as throwing those stats into mastery would. If I am only able to hit 6000 haste by hard reforging, then it is in my best interest to remain at 4717 until I can comfortably hit 6400, correct?

I am suspecting that this is the case when it comes to the ambiguity between haste and mastery. It seems that once I can hit a threshold, or a threshold is reachable, Simcraft weights mastery higher.

It is reasonable to assume that the decrease in overall DoT time and increase in time between ticks that haste provides does not improve DPS as much as reforging into mastery would. Can anyone corroborate this claim?
    The trouble lies in the fact that for my gear at least reforging to haste was a good thing....unless I had to reforge OUT of Mastery for it. So getting to certain hastecaps is on the one hand a DPS increase but also costs you dps if you reforge out of Mastery for it.

So for me I just made sure I was over the 3k cap, and put the rest into mastery, BUT I didn't reforge OUT of either Mastery or Haste if I could help it, only a tiny bit here and there to stay at ~12% hit ( which is the least I'm comfortable with )