Deleted

"Fire Mage" A thing to calculate with is.. Crit Vs int Gems / Items...

I Was looking around on different reforge pages - " Askmrrobot " - " Reforgelite " ( Addon ) and on high geared mages around the world.
    my assessment about it was when i got "low Gear" Some dungeon HC items. abit VP gear and some normal Mogu Item. is that the Crit gems with 320 Crit gives a better Dps in the end. cause fire mages lack of crit with lower gear.

This is just what i find best for my self. im in top 3 on every single fight in mogu 10 man hc modes.

My question to the other mages: "what do you find best Int gems / gear or Crit gems + Crit gear ( and maybe go for lower gear with crit on then gear with crit on and higher item lvl)

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%c3%b4/simple

Some logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-at...s=9839&e=10021
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-at...?s=3745&e=3965
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-at...?s=6914&e=7068

Tell me what you are doing, and what you find best for your playstyle

Deleted
    Red: Brilliant
    Yellow: Potent
    Blue: Veiled

Get all socket boni

End of the story.

At the moment 320 2nd stat equals 160 int... so the socket boni are quite important.

And we do not lack crit with ilev ~475... we have about 35% crit on FB, Pyro etc... that is sufficient to get enough heatup procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    End of the story.
    Not even close. The Cataclysm gemming rules do not apply to MoP.

There are plenty of other threads discussing stat weights, but the basic principle is you need to calculate your personal stat weights to find out what gems are best for what colours. Yellow in particular usually wants pure 320 crit. But it all depends on your personal stat weights, which is based on your personal gear.

It is not as simple anymore as stacking pure int.

Actually, 320 Crit gems go into yellow slots and 80 int + 160 crit go into orange and red. It's been said on this site and numerous other ones that crit outweighs intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Actually, 320 Crit gems go into yellow slots and 80 int + 160 crit go into orange and red. It's been said on this site and numerous other ones that crit outweighs intellect.
    Even on Elitist they still do their maths, Rawr is not even updated.. simcraft with its patchwerk or helter skelter is... not close to reality.

Top 50 Wol... half of the mages this way and other half the other way around...

They are simply close, and statweights differ. Socket Boni count...everything else does not really matter until we get a working tool for calculations... and simcraft is ridculous with its 100% uptime of lvl 90 talents...

I also go with 320 crit gems in yellow, int + crit in red sockets.

Even a highly geared fire mage with all that crit from gear, still gems his gear that way.
    For example, Kuznam, the fire mage in Method.
    He currently has ilvl 527 with all that crit, but still uses 320 crit gems and int+crit gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Even on Elitist they still do their maths, Rawr is not even updated.. simcraft with its patchwerk or helter skelter is... not close to reality.

Top 50 Wol... half of the mages this way and other half the other way around...

They are simply close, and statweights differ. Socket Boni count...everything else does not really matter until we get a working tool for calculations... and simcraft is ridculous with its 100% uptime of lvl 90 talents...

Interesting. I haven't seen any top mages who use int gems. Stat weights for Fire do not even remotely favor int over double crit. In some cases even haste has more than half the value of 1 point of int. I'm not sure why you are bringing up socket bonuses . You can still get them geming for crit.

Post from 2012-10-15: i feel necromancer on this forum.

Discussion was before we knew for sure that secondary stats are worth more then pure int.

To say something on topic: If you not crit you not using pyro which is one of biggest part of our dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    He must have googled something and found this thread in the results. It's not something we debate anymore as everyone agrees on Crit nowadays, but it's still an active matter so I'll let the necro bump slide. (also, there are lots of words which take the Latin plural in English, but 'bonus' is an adjective in Latin and a noun in English so it gets the English plural morpheme -es to form 'bonuses' - remember the sententia "Penis bonus pax in domus")

Finally, on topic, the general understanding here is 2 Crit > 1 Int.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Interesting. I haven't seen any top mages who use int gems. Stat weights for Fire do not even remotely favor int over double crit. In some cases even haste has more than half the value of 1 point of int. I'm not sure why you are bringing up socket bonuses . You can still get them geming for crit.
    Not to mention when you gem for crit, you're actually getting 2.6 Crit vs 1 Int (and the incredibly small crit it gives * 1.3) due to CM.

Because Crit scales exponentially, you'd be crazy NOT to gem Crit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.