Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I sure am enjoying this garbage.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    All I hear is QQ

Majority enjoy it therefore it works
    The majority in Nazi Germany enjoyed fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This wraps this one up. I can't stand pet battles, but I really want to enjoy it. The RNG involved in pet battles is just too much and causes me to go insane.

Also I keep getting matched up by people with pets like you said 2-3 levels higher than mine. I get crushed hard, I have no chance at all.
    RNG is fine. Can it be annoying, you betcha. But dodge/misses has saved me as often as they have screwed me.

Higher level opponents will happen. It would be difficult/long queues to always match you against someone with the exact same level pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    My team of pets, which can all be captured in the world, just wipe the floor with store pets. There are some capturable pets out there who are head and shoulders much more powerful and versatile than the store pets are.
    Yeah, rare ghost of lordaeron are much better than little kel`thuzad
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Saaaaaaaaays....you.

Oh, and a few outliers I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    or clock gnome with 4 turrets and repair
    Turret lasts 4 rounds, cooldown 2 rounds, so we got a maximum of 3 turrets for one round, then back to two.

BTW that yeti is just of green quality so bringing it to 25 aint an I-WIN-Button

I´m with you OP. BTW, dont get mad, even if you have some points it still sounds like QQ, maybe a thing of the used tone, not sure here.

1. That pandaren Monk is really HARD OP, cant help it. It´s not that i didnt find ways to get even him down but still it´s damage potential is just way to huge while having such a big health pool and kinda no downside to those damage abilities.
    For example the elementiumgeode can hit as hard as the pandaren monk, but it looses half of his life or even more to such an attack.

2. There are other pets (non store pets) as well that tend to be semi-op, but well thats how it should be, we dont want every pet to be equally strong.

3. What OP was refering when talking about level, is PVP-petbattles. You dont know whom you will fight like when fighting a level 4 cockroach in tirisfal.

4. There are still lots of massive bugs, that i am not used to for blizzard games.
    For example i love my "Schinderjunges". It has a skill called "relection", which actually blocks the attack from the enemy, and does the blocked attack to him. When i fight a flying pet that can go to hover mode before attacking next round i can bug out the whole battle.
    If i relect his actual attack, when he comes down from hovering in the air, all is fine and like expected. But if i happen to relect one round sooner, the i relect the going to hover mode. Enemy is down again after his attack while my pet will stay in hovermode for the entire fight, beeing unattackable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    or clock gnome with 4 turrets and repair
    He was fixed-- you can only have 2 max out now.

Oh and btw--- you need to look like this on PB.

Pandern monk can be easy countered by http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61375 wich has http://www.wowhead.com/petability=764 and strong anti-humanid attacks. (yes i use it)

There are a few points i need too make:

Store pets are overpowered---- well not true. You can find some pets that have the same attacks: http://www.wowhead.com/petability=330 = http://www.wowhead.com/petability=828 (well dont rly want to check for all store pets with smiliar ability but you can look here http://www.wowhead.com/petabilities )

They can be countered by any tameable in wild pet. You just need to find a right 1.

Second--- pets will get balanced over time (but we dont know if blizzard store new added pets will be op or not).

3rd rng is a must---i laughed hard in some pvp battle when some guy missed a 600 damage attack-- i killed him with 2 hp left.
    But i seriosly hate trainer BP. It seems that if trainer pets are epic quality your miss chance is much higher.

Its probaly programmed like this (tinfoil hat):
    Green battle pet-- miss chance 5 %
    Blue battle pet-- miss chance 10%
    Epic battle pet-- miss chance 15%
    Poor battle pet -- hit chance increased by 5%
    White batle pet -- 0%

How do i know that? Well back in the days i was *cheating* on pokemon emulator to set all my pets too have 100% chance to hit-- you needed some special program.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

even with mechanical yeti, aquatics and celestial dragons i can`t make it past cataclysm tamers.
    All maxed out, plus other mix of pets
    It is due to the quality
    Hence why they are introducing the stones i´m sure..as it stands now only pet store pets stand a chance

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I enjoy pet battles to pass time, granted I just got started but I had no expectations going into it other than to pass time.

Considering it doesn't reward anything, I think having a little RNG involved is good, and if you have to spend some cash to get a good pet, then so be it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banyentertainment View Post
    even with mechanical yeti, aquatics and celestial dragons i can`t make it past cataclysm tamers.
    It is due to the quality
    Hence why they are introducing the stones i´m sure..as it stands now only pet store pets stand a chance
    Thats actuly not true- i managed to beat Aki the chosen with a lvl 25 25 and 23 pet.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66726#petabilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66728#petabilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66725#petabilities

My counter was http://www.wowhead.com/spell=90523#comments against stormlash, http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97638 against Chirrup and http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62627 against Whiskers (lvl 23). I managed to survive with 1 pet left (yeah lvl 23 one).

Rocket bot- Blue
    Kitty- Green
    Ray--blue

Just thing you need to remember is too set anti-setup against enemy team and keep reseting battle till you get your pet you like a good counter (AI will always try to waste 1 of your turn-- wich is of cose much needed).

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how most of the complaints here (Matchmaking, pet strength etc.) are on things Blizz have already stated that they're working on fixes for. Have you considered checking out the pretty blue text on MMO-Champ's front page? Did you ever consider that right now Blizz are rolling out hotfixes like crazy, and that MAYBE one of their selling points this x-pac (Pet Battles) are on the priority list?

Yeah, we see QQ because that is what you show us.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I actually have to agree with this, i woulnd`t go as far as to say pet battles were created for people to purchase pets but the simple fact that all the pets are absurdly overpowered kind of makes me wonder if they aren`t taking advantage of the pet store ..like any good business (cannot fail to mention that even though i agree that a company would use that to increase it`s proffit - that is not the Blizzard entertainment that i love and trust).

Actually the pet tamers in cataclysm are SO powerful that you cannot best them with maxed out pets even if you don´t miss or have any dodges.
    I am an old player with crazy old pets, i have tried everything, spirit of competition pets..rare wild pets..etc. No dice.
    They are introducing the pet quality stones now because it is so obvious that the only way to advance for 98% of the community past cataclysm is using pet store pets..which is wrong.
    But at least they are adressing that ..
    I've beaten every tamer in the game, EK/Kal Outland, Northrend, Cata and Pandaria, with an Onyxian Whelp, Lava Crab and a Sporeling, not by any means an OP combo.

Did it take time and a litle bit of shuffling about of spells, yup! Did I have to now and again move in a pet that was perhaps 5 levels lower than the tamer, but needed to use it up just for the double damage? yup!

It is all possible, and none of my pets used were from the Blizz store.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 04:08 PM ----------

It is due to the quality
    Totally wrong, see my post above.
    Onyxia whelp (anniversary one) Lava Crab (rare) captured in burning steppes or somewhere, Sporeling (rare) captured in Zangar marsh. my team, and completed all tamers.

I failed many times, but i just kept trying, switching spells about, using another pet that was as close to their hp as possible that the tamers pet was vulnerable to, even if i just used that one lowbie pet to get the tamers pet to half health it gave me the chance to get past that pet and win.

patience and trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean by "beta." I've always thought it was a bit ugly and shaky, like how a pet can charge at your pet, and now the battle is taking place outside the arena area, and sometimes the animations lag or miss or... well, it just doesn't look super polished. I also don't like that rare quality pets are better than grays. They should have no quality types, every ones equal man! But seriously, you can't just catch a pet and expect it to live up to someone who found a blue out of pure luck.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Can't say much about PVP battles, but trainers felt too easy or i was very lucky with my pet combination (used same 3 pets from around lvl 12), rare Tree Python (same as any other Snake), Crimson Whelpling (think it has same skills as onyxia whelpling) and rare Nether Faerie Dragon. Between Dragonblight and Dread Wastes I had 1 or 2 wipe(s) with lvl 25 pets. I also beated last trainer in pandaria with 2 tries, while i was expecting to level some new pets for every battle in pandaria to counter their pets.

Don't have any pet store pets so cannot really say if they are op, tho seen Lil' ragna when visiting friend and it did sure look like powerfull, not sure if id say op (and I allready looked for aquatic and critter pets to counter it if I ever duel him).

Some amount of RNG is good, its same for both teams anyways. But sure it isn't fun to miss 3 times in row to something that is slowly healing, still hasn't ruined it for me, quess that is cause i don't take it too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I know what you mean by "beta." I've always thought it was a bit ugly and shaky, like how a pet can charge at your pet, and now the battle is taking place outside the arena area, and sometimes the animations lag or miss or... well, it just doesn't look super polished. I also don't like that rare quality pets are better than grays. They should have no quality types, every ones equal man! But seriously, you can't just catch a pet and expect it to live up to someone who found a blue out of pure luck.

Thats why they are adding stones in game. (should be easy grid)

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Right now it's pretty much a Rock Paper Scissors game, so at least lower it's rng and we would be talking about something diferent.
    It's not RPS.

This is RPS

This is pet battles.

Although, I do entirely agree that pet store pets should not be significantly stronger than in game pets. Pet battles may be a minigame, but it's part of the in game content, and if pet store pets are stronger than in game pets, then that means pet battles are pay to win which is literally something blizzard said they would never do, something tons of players said they would quit over, and something horrible and shameful. No, people who buy pet store pets should not get an advantage over in game pets because they decided to pay 10 bucks for an edge. That's a bad thing. Pet store pets can be strong, they can be unique, but they shouldn't be stronger than say a unique, hard to get in game pet. The pets you get for pet collection achievements, the pets you got for logging in during anniversaries, onyxia whelpling, pets from other achievements, and pets you had a small window of time to get - these should all be on the same level if not better than a pet that took you 3 minutes and some money to get.

Everything else is little more than a gripe because you don't feel the system works the way that you want it to. You know that your own pet can dodge attacks too, right? I'm sure you've won once or twice because of that, but I'm sure you don't remember it. Without some level of RNG, then you would have absolutely zero chance when your well compositioned team still managed to get put up against a team where you had zero advantages. It would be cut and dry with 100% accurately calculable odds.

I've not once fought significantly higher level pets if all of the pets I entered with were the same level. Maybe that is unique to me, but if you're going in with even one pet one level lower than your other two, try making them the same level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent three hours yesterday just training and capturing pets and challenging master trainers. The battles work just fine.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the store pets really overpowered compared to other pets? What about in comparison to other rare pets? I got the impression that the rare quality pets were supposed to be a little tougher, which would include those purchased online.

(Genuine question. My highest level pet is level 3, and it's the one the pet pane automatically selected for me -- that should give you an idea of how much I've tried the pet battles -- so I really don't know.)

If it's true, that's a legitimate complaint (and pretty sucky), but if we're talking about battling our vendor pet against them, maybe that is the issue. Try it with a rare pet, a rare drop or capture, and see if there is still that disparity.

It totally makes sense if [rare] pets end up being stronger than [common] ones, so I'm curious if the complaint is mostly due to that and not because the store-bought pets are actually indisputably superior.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is so that store bought pets are stronger, then clearly they need to change that. As they keep saying nothing from their store is supposed to give you an in-game advantage. Perhaps not game breaking, but an advantage nonetheless.

Personally I got some pets to 13 or something, then got bored.

There are TONS of bugs with spells not working properly all the time and a weird bug where sometimes the spell bar doesn't function at all, and all you can do it quit or die. And yes, Lil' Ragnaros and the Pandaren Monk are overpowered; if you get a match with those pets, just leave the battle. Really, it's not that hard. You don't lose arena points, just quit.

With all that said, pet battles are still a really fun and enjoyable aspect to the game.