Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Pet battle is garbage atm.

It totally looks like a beta more than anything else. I can understand that it's a secondary thing... yet Blizzard usually don't release anything untill it's done, well Pet Battle System is definitely not done.

Leave apart the fact that it's pretty much RNG, as it kinda depends on the combos you fight;

The level of pets it matches you with is not exactly correct, you can easily find 2 really low level pets or two hugh level pets.

Pet store pets are overpowered... the best example is the ridiculous Pandaren Monk, able to 1 shot any pet in 2 turns: 1 buff up (100% crit) 2 attack = one shot. In my opinion, if it doesn't change it will only show how the pet battle system was an attempt to make players buy pets.

There are also many bugs and meaningless things. For example, planting mines that should explose when your enemy switches a pet.. I've seen many of those mines explode at random times.. sometimes when your oponent switches a pet, otehr times when he switches for second time and that if you are lucky, 40% of the times mines won't really explode at all.
    Dodge... that's really lame, there shouldn't be any dodge/miss. You already depend on the set up you fight, which you can try to face as good as you can with your pets and spells... but you can easily enter a chain of 3 attacks dodged.. .that's plain wrong.

How's our experience so far with the system? I believe that it could be quite fun if they really sovle the issues.

Deleted
    All I hear is QQ

Majority enjoy it therefore it works

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Pet store pets are overpowered... the best example is the ridiculous Pandaren Monk, able to 1 shot any pet in 2 turns: 1 buff up (100% crit) 2 attack = one shot. In my opinion, if it doesn't change it will only show how the pet battle system was an attempt to make players buy pets.
    I actually have to agree with this, i woulnd`t go as far as to say pet battles were created for people to purchase pets but the simple fact that all the pets are absurdly overpowered kind of makes me wonder if they aren`t taking advantage of the pet store ..like any good business (cannot fail to mention that even though i agree that a company would use that to increase it`s proffit - that is not the Blizzard entertainment that i love and trust).

Actually the pet tamers in cataclysm are SO powerful that you cannot best them with maxed out pets even if you don´t miss or have any dodges.
    I am an old player with crazy old pets, i have tried everything, spirit of competition pets..rare wild pets..etc. No dice.
    They are introducing the pet quality stones now because it is so obvious that the only way to advance for 98% of the community past cataclysm is using pet store pets..which is wrong.
    But at least they are adressing that ..

10+ Year Old Account
    It totally looks like a beta more than anything else. I can understand that it's a secondary thing... yet Blizzard usually don't release anything untill it's done, well Pet Battle System is definitely not done.
    Yes it is. It's a minigame nothing more.

Leave apart the fact that it's pretty much RNG, as it kinda depends on the combos you fight;
    Like how? Using heal abilities, or defenses in combo with attacks? Seem like a correct way to play instead of spamming 1 attack

The level of pets it matches you with is not exactly correct, you can easily find 2 really low level pets or two hugh level pets.
    That's why you need to level your own pet to match those you see in the wild. Lowers are easier to catch, harder is more work to get. I don't see what is wrong with this. Ah... you want easy childsplay critters to be caught in a heartbeat right?

They are rare quality, nothing more. You can find rares in the wild enough. This is nothing more than QQ from your point. Also you should look into pets strengths and weaknesses. They are strong against one kind and weak against another. Yh Blizzard totlly made all these pets a scam for the Pet Battle system before they even thought it up, do you even read your own text??? Don't give that pet time to buff up then if it keeps kicking your ass in battle, or get one that the monk pet is weak against... Ever played Pokemon? Guess not...

There are also many bugs and meaningless things. For example, planting mines that should explose when your enemy switches a pet.. I've seen many of those mines explode at random times.. sometimes when your oponent switches a pet, otehr times when he switches for second time and that if you are lucky, 40% of the times mines won't really explode at all.
    Read the tooltip if it really is supposed to work like that. Also bugs can still be in the system, it's new you know... with patch 5.1 not even out. Welcome to WoW.

Dodge... that's really lame, there shouldn't be any dodge/miss. You already depend on the set up you fight, which you can try to face as good as you can with your pets and spells... but you can easily enter a chain of 3 attacks dodged.. .that's plain wrong.
    QQ is all I read here... "Boohoo that pet avoided my attack, QQ!" I guess you do not appreciate depth of play and would rather have a system where ALL pets handle and work exactly the same, no matter what kind they are. Don't fight pets that are above your lvl (of skill), or will you start a QQ-storm about not being able to kill a mob 10 lvls higher then you are as well?

How's our experience so far with the system? I believe that it could be quite fun if they really sovle the issues.
    There are no issues of the likes you named here, that's all QQ. It's working as intended.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been enjoying it, Destroying people with Ragnaros including the monk. Set the trap - Put him on fire - Lava bath the entire team GG

Give it some time. Remember how broken pvp was at the start of wow. In my tier 3 gear i ran around oneshotting all cloth users and had little to no problems with anything else. (played rogue)

Perhaps not the best example since pvp doesnt really work now either

But its better

only thing i agree with is dodges...if you get 3 in a row which has happen....its a loss right there.

blizz dont allow misses in pve or pvp (hit cap) why give massive rng in pet battles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banyentertainment View Post
    I actually have to agree with this, i woulnd`t go as far as to say pet battles were created for people to purchase pets but the simple fact that all the pets are absurdly overpowered kind of makes me wonder if they aren`t taking advantage of the pet store ..like any good business (cannot fail to mention that even though i agree that a company would use that to increase it`s proffit - that is not the Blizzard entertainment that i love and trust).

Actually the pet tamers in cataclysm are SO powerful that you cannot best them with maxed out pets even if you don´t miss or have any dodges.
    I am an old player with crazy old pets, i have tried everything, spirit of competition pets..rare wild pets..etc. No dice.
    They are introducing the pet quality stones now because it is so obvious that the only way to advance for 98% of the community past cataclysm is using pet store pets..which is wrong.
    But at least they are adressing that ..
    They offer you something OPTIONALLY and CHEAP, nothing more. If they did it for pure profit you would need to buy a pet per character and it wouldn't costs just €5,- (or whatever currency you use). The pets are rare quality and why not? People payed for it while not giving them any advantage in gameplay over anyone else. It's a minigame that will not yield you VP/QP or usable gear of any kind, therefore it's not an advantage if someone has a rare pet you can't (be bothered to) buy.

Ofcourse trainers aren't supposed to be a push over, the game has become easy enough, put some work into it if you want to pass your bar. Just grind your lvls if you want them do die easily or make a better team. The upgrades stones are not the answer against petstore pets, you can upgrade them as well you know... so it doens't 'fix' that at all. 98% of the game needs those stones because 98% of the game are bad at it and Blizzard is yet again holding their hands with something simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    only thing i agree with is dodges...if you get 3 in a row which has happen....its a loss right there.

blizz dont allow misses in pve or pvp (hit cap) why give massive rng in pet battles?
    Same thing in pokemon with moves like Fire blast and other powerful attack, tho weak/decent damage attacks that don't mention high chance to miss should have 100% accuracy unless buffs or debuffs.

To above posters: I've seen most blizzard store pets having better movepool than any pet at under 20lvl. Heck even my Deathy (Blizzcon pet) is jealous of Pandaren Monk pet.
    Last edited by mmocc9de2ce60c; 2012-10-15 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    All I hear is QQ

Majority enjoy it therefore it works
    Agree. Also it is something huge and new they launched with it really and they will tune it over time.... can't expect the thing to be balanced from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    They offer you something OPTIONALLY and CHEAP, nothing more. If they did it for pure profit you would need to buy a pet per character and it wouldn't costs just €5,- (or whatever currency you use). The pets are rare quality and why not? People payed for it while not giving them any advantage in gameplay over anyone else. It's a minigame that will not yield you VP/QP or usable gear of any kind, therefore it's not an advantage if someone has a rare pet you can't (be bothered to) buy.

Ofcourse trainers aren't supposed to be a push over, the game has become easy enough, put some work into it if you want to pass your bar. Just grind your lvls if you want them do die easily or make a better team. The upgrades stones are not the answer against petstore pets, you can upgrade them as well you know... so it doens't 'fix' that at all. 98% of the game needs those stones because 98% of the game are bad at it and Blizzard is yet again holding their hands with something simple.
    It is clear that you don´t know what you are talking about.
    Long goes a time where your subscription entitled you to login to the servers..what you did afterwords, the effort you put in is totally up to you, and ofc the rewards as well.
    The money argument shouldn`t even come to play here it should be all about the skill and effort.
    And the simple fact that you mention that 98% of the gamers need the stones just show that you have no idea what you are on about, hardly ever leveled and played battle pets and are just qqing, pet battle quests are not like heroic dungeon quests, they aren`t even like tbc heroic dungeon quests, up to a certain point they are impossible, there shouldnt be just 1 to 2 teams that is able to beat them due to high quality and op skills, you should be able to pick any pet you`d like provided they aren´t of weaker nature than your foes to best them.
    Rng sucks but when a pet tamer has higher speed means he will every turn deal dmg to you twice, and if a pet 2/3 shots yours ..well you know how it is going to end..

10+ Year Old Account
    If you see QQ here you have a problem.

I'm stating a problem that MOST of player I've spoken can also see, the system is just way RNG. It's not about using protective spells as some of you say, get real, I know how to plan attacks just as everyone sdoes, tehre's no dificulty on the system, but there's way too much RNG where your attacks will be dodges, or you'll jsut find way too strong pets.

The Pandaren Monk was my best example as it literaly can one shot any kind of pet, even when it's a higher level which is totally pointless... maybe I've been really unlucky, but I totally doubt so.

Making LESSER changes, such as:

Removing the chance to dodge (leave for those STRONG attacks which actualyl have a chance to miss and it's stated on the spell), but not in all attacks.

Match players with better lelves... there's no point trying to fight a player with 3 pets, all of them 2 and 3 levels higher than yours...

Check out some pets, they are way too strong or way too weak (that's a matter of time anyways, it's normal that it happens, but balancing pets would be rather easy)

Right now it's pretty much a Rock Paper Scissors game, so at least lower it's rng and we would be talking about something diferent.

1. "Blizzard usually don't release anything untill it's done" = lol are you serious?
    2."Pet store pets are overpowered... the best example is the ridiculous Pandaren Monk, able to 1 shot any pet in 2 turns: 1 buff up (100% crit) 2 attack = one shot. In my opinion, if it doesn't change it will only show how the pet battle system was an attempt to make players buy pet" = you seem to know why they are op already... blizzard wants to make money

If you see QQ here you have a problem.

I'm stating a problem that MOST of player I've spoken can also see, the system is just way RNG. It's not about using protective spells as some of you say, get real, I know how to plan attacks just as everyone sdoes, tehre's no dificulty on the system, but there's way too much RNG where your attacks will be dodges, or you'll jsut find way too strong pets.

The Pandaren Monk was my best example as it literaly can one shot any kind of pet, even when it's a higher level which is totally pointless... maybe I've been really unlucky, but I totally doubt so.

Making LESSER changes, such as:

Removing the chance to dodge (leave for those STRONG attacks which actualyl have a chance to miss and it's stated on the spell), but not in all attacks.

Match players with better lelves... there's no point trying to fight a player with 3 pets, all of them 2 and 3 levels higher than yours...

Check out some pets, they are way too strong or way too weak (that's a matter of time anyways, it's normal that it happens, but balancing pets would be rather easy)

Right now it's pretty much a Rock Paper Scissors game, so at least lower it's rng and we would be talking about something diferent.
    This wraps this one up. I can't stand pet battles, but I really want to enjoy it. The RNG involved in pet battles is just too much and causes me to go insane.

Also I keep getting matched up by people with pets like you said 2-3 levels higher than mine. I get crushed hard, I have no chance at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see only QQ about pandaren monk here.
    Use dig or fly or cocon attack when he buffs for 100% damage. There is a tonn of def abilities. And Pet battle system is a ripoff from pokemon games, so, there must be RNG.

There was a bug with pandaren - his 4th skill used to hit twice even if his target is not stunned.

And you can perform great combos (like blinding enemy with hatted cat and then switching to pandaren to 100% stun enemy and deal double damage from his surprice attack)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    1. "Blizzard usually don't release anything untill it's done" = lol are you serious?
    2."Pet store pets are overpowered... the best example is the ridiculous Pandaren Monk, able to 1 shot any pet in 2 turns: 1 buff up (100% crit) 2 attack = one shot. In my opinion, if it doesn't change it will only show how the pet battle system was an attempt to make players buy pet" = you seem to know why they are op already... blizzard wants to make money
    Well, yeah I'm serious. So far they've barely released anything wrong or bugged to hell/with misstakes.

And well, I could imagine this about hte pet store a long time ago, way before the pet system idea existed since they suddenly started selling pets, that obviously had a bigger idea with it.

In my opinion, at the moment pet battles are largely about feeding that section of the community that are collectaholics. Collect all the pets, make them all rare, get 1,000 pets in your collection. The battling themselves are totally secondary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This wraps this one up. I can't stand pet battles, but I really want to enjoy it. The RNG involved in pet battles is just too much and causes me to go insane.

Also I keep getting matched up by people with pets like you said 2-3 levels higher than mine. I get crushed hard, I have no chance at all.
    That's the whole point and idea of my thread really :/

I think it's a secondary thing, yet it's fun but it could be a easily improved with short time.

Pandaren Monk
    Did you seen Tranquil Mechanical Yeti?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    Did you seen Tranquil Mechanical Yeti?
    or clock gnome with 4 turrets and repair
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.