Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've gotten 3 toons to exalted with GL without seeing a single shard drop. I still wouldn't buy the mount though...I'd probably sell it though, if I had the chance.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

It's not worth selling it anymore on most realms, however buying it is a different story. On EU Silvermoon you can buy the kill of Alani for between 20-30k gold.

Nah I wouldn't buy it. Even if I could afford. (Don't get me wrong, I WANT THAT MOUNT, I'm just not willing to invest gold in it)
    I would sell it though! Does that count?

No, its not that great.

Yes i would and have, i bought one of the very first alani's on maelstrom EU for no more than 80k, money well spent

It goes for 30k on my server

No way, the August Celestials mount is the same thing just golden, and you get a red cloud serpent from an achieve. I would however love the sjy shards to not be soulbound. I don't see myself ever getting all 10 and would like to sell what I have. I understand why they are though, if myself and everyone else could sell their unwanted shards the mount wouldn't really be special or rare.

I believe that mount goes for around 75k on my server, but yes. I would sell it since it's not that great looking of a mount and I could use the money then for something that I would use more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    The shards aren't THAT rare. Doing GL dailies last night 3 dropped while grouped up. I only won 2 of them, but I've only seen Ashes drop 1 or 2 times since BC has been released. To say they are that rare is insane.
    3 chars at exalted, not one shard dropped.
    Not rare you say? Insane.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-

I finally got him after a couple of weeks farming, after getting him it was the August Celestials rep I found the grindiest >.<

Kill

Loot

Ride

Probably not, its a nice mount but it costs to much for me, spending 75k on a mount is not something i would do at the moment.

I love the mount, but TBH I think it is easier to get than Aeonaxx or time Lost, it is a simple matter of you killing things in the vale for a long time, your not compelling with anyone else, it's just farming.

I might buy it, but before, now that with 5.2 the shards are BoA, I'll get exalted with GL on all alts and check if I'm close to 10 shards.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelations 6:8

My total money in my main's server can't even go over 30k gold so definitely a no. In addition I've always been picky with spending gold.

Am I the only person that just really doesn't like the cloud serpent mounts at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    I finally got him after a couple of weeks farming, after getting him it was the August Celestials rep I found the grindiest >.<
    Grats!

I still think it's the worst looking cloud serpent mount, though. :/

I personally wouldn't just because i'm not a fan of the looks/color combo, though i'm sure many would and for quite a bit.
    subscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

I'm on a low pop server and I've seen people sell it for 80k. I think its a reasonable price if you like me have no intention of playing a hunter ever.
    ~

Im on low pop/medium server and one of my guildies got another 10 shards together and I payed him 40k to get the mount. Think that was fair. I have 3 shards and I'm not doing much dailies and stuff at the moment - but I also love mounts and pets (oh guess why I chose that name) so we were both happy.

No because I can just farm it myself in my own time. I only have 1 crystal however.

I do really want the Crimson Cloud Serpent from Panda Hero but I can NEVER find a run for it.