Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone on my server (stormrage-us) has been trying to sell it for the past few days at 150k. Hilarious considering the last guy had trouble selling it for 40k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    Id sell it if i had the crystals, i do have 6 Skyshards at the moment, and i haven't actually "farmed" for them, skipped a few dailys now and then with Lotus and i am 2k / 21k with Lotus.

If id sell it, it would go for 100-150k.
    not even 10-15k actually

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Am I the only person that just really doesn't like the cloud serpent mounts at all?
    I'm with you there, hate the looks of the mounts.

That's why I'm trying to sell off mine, although it's going slow. Also getting whispers about how the mount is not going to be sellable in 5.2 because of some change in mechanics, but can't find information anywhere. I'm writing it off as a rumour but it's still annoying.

[21:14:37] [xxx] whispers: in 5.2 u will no longer be able to loot the item unless u have the skycrystal
    [21:14:51] [xxx]: i.e. unless u were the person to engage him u can'#t loot the mount
    [21:15:41] [xxx]: it's not a patch note, it was a twitter comment, it was somewhere on the US forums (don't think EU side saw it) i never saw the post i just got told about it
    Sounds like bullshit to me, right?

Deleted
    I bought one on Twisting Nether horde for 40k but i never use it actually. It is not worth 400-500k i think. And to know not only that person can loot the mount who used the skyshard.

although it seems frustrating to try and get the shards, as every time someone comes up with an ingenious way to farm them, they tell about it, people whine, blizz nerfs and you are back to square one it is still simply a matter of time.

i have 5 shards between 3 toons. the drop rate although rather random is not as low as some other mounts.

so no, I would not gold cap someone who farmed them with the intent of selling the kill.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Nope. You can already ride an alani that isn't thundering. I wouldn't pay for thunder.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

To add on my previous post, today I finally managed to sell my Sky Crystal, went down to 60k, but atleast now I'm rid of the crap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    To add on my previous post, today I finally managed to sell my Sky Crystal, went down to 60k, but atleast now I'm rid of the crap!
    Wow.. They guy that bought must have been really rich or desperate :P

Never;
    I've only purchased one mount off another player(s) since I started playing - I eventually went back to re-kill the boss without the carry just to make up for that fact.

There was a huge problem back on my old realm with a person who was selling Alani.
    He would literally sit there for hours on end AoEing the Tricksters to the point people could not do their dailies.
    If somebody was there prior to him showing up the fact he was a Warlock meant he'd just throw down his AoE ontop of the person farming and then he'd start demanding that they'd have to buy the mount off of him if they ever wanted to get it.
    People eventually fought back and called him out on his crap to the point he'd whine about how he wasn't greifing anybody and always had to go on about how "right" he was while trying to sell the stupid thing.

It got out of hand fast - When I farmed my Skyshard two other warlocks and a hunter came in to help me counter AoE on the guy after he waltzed up to me and said I could have a table to farm. Only took 2 days and that was over.

Just keep this story in mind if you're thinking about buying one.
    Most servers aren't as populated as the one I was on so even if people were mass AoEing they wouldn't actually be bothering people but I was getting whispers constantly from people asking for help because of this guy either making it impossible for people to actually do the Golden Lotus dailies or because they couldn't find a spot to farm.

Nah, got 3 shards total on 2 toons, so I would just man up and farm the rest.

Would never pay for it since it's not that "unique" of a mount. Though I have 3 exalted GL toons and one honored and have only 1 shard so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh its not worth it. I was able to farm up 4 shards in a few hours last night. Based on that I dont think 40-60k is worth 5 days of work.

Deleted
    I bought mine some months ago while being "slightly" intoxicated. For 40k. Wasn't even exalted with celestials at that time so couldn't use it. Kids, don't drink and game! (I don't regret buying it tho, had planned on doing it for a while but i would rather have done it sober xD)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am three cheevies short of getting the Crimson Cloud Serpent. It is pretty much the exact same mount.

Wish there was more distinction.

The new Thundering Cobalt is nearly the same as the Azure AND it is a rare mount with a small drop chance.

The Thundering August is nearly the same as the Golden AND it costs 7,000 gold. 7k for some lightning.

The Thundering Jade is nearly the same as the Jade and requires your guild to clear all the heroic encounters. Rewards with a little lightning.

Thundering Onyx doesn't exist yet to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Am I the only person that just really doesn't like the cloud serpent mounts at all?
    You're not alone my friend! Haven't even learned hoto ride them. And probably won't anytime soon. I see them as super gay mounts.
    Last edited by Arcontes; 2013-02-19 at 07:55 PM.

So much insecurity in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcontes View Post
    You're not alone my friend! Haven't even learned hoto ride them. And probably won't anytime soon. I see them as super gay mounts.
    Woah man. I'm not gay, but you shouldn't be using that word to describe something. It could offend some people and that's the last thing you want to do.

I wouldn't pay for alani and if I got it I probably wouldn't even ride it since I have the elegon mount: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loud%20serpent

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

No, I don't think the mount looks that good.

I spent many days farming two of the thing, I kept one and sold the other. started out at 300k and slowly worked my way down till about 2 months later it sold for 100k. this is on a fairly low pop server though, I seen some people selling it 200k+ and a couple selling it as low as 50k depending on the server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    So much insecurity in this thread.
    Care to explain? Are you even posting in the right thread?