Timeless Isle and achievements

Soo. coming a few new achievs with timeless isle and curious how hard they are, do they require group, can i grab em all in a day or is it overtime as IoT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Well, There is an achievement where you have to gather 2500 Timeless Coins and buy Censer of Eternal Agony and then get Bloody Coins from ganking, I have no idea how many you get from killing one player but for the last achievement in the series you need Obtain 10000 Bloody Coins. Doubt you will manage to do that in one day

Deleted
    As Kerdoz mentioned, it's gonna take a while to do some of the achievements. There will also be a vast amount of players on the island the first day, so expect there to be a lot of competition for most of the achievements at start.
    Fyi, you could do almost all of the IoT achis the first day by sneaking past the walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Well, There is an achievement where you have to gather 2500 Timeless Coins and buy Censer of Eternal Agony and then get Bloody Coins from ganking, I have no idea how many you get from killing one player but for the last achievement in the series you need Obtain 10000 Bloody Coins. Doubt you will manage to do that in one day
    What if you payed people for it?
    Not like that sort of 'hk farming' hasn't been done before.

Deleted
    Something I've been curious about for a while, how many bloody coins do you get from killing 1 person? Do you just get 1 coin per kill or do you loot a random amount of coins per kill?

Deleted
    According to a post I saw on wowhead, there's an item that resurrects you on death, you can get a friend, both get that item and censer, find somewhere quiet, use your censer and farm each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzbalger View Post
    According to a post I saw on wowhead, there's an item that resurrects you on death, you can get a friend, both get that item and censer, find somewhere quiet, use your censer and farm each other.
    I think that item has a catch, I can't quite remember what it was but I believe it only has 3 charges. However I don't think it's really an issue, you can just take off all your gear and keep accepting ressurection sickness at a guardian spirit much like how people farm the tokens at Halaa.

Yeah that worked like 4 PTR builds ago, doesn't work anymore. The self-ress item allows you to ress once per hour now and after being killed by someone with censer buff you don't award bloody coins for 10 min if killed.

There is an Ordos item you buy for 50 bloody coins with a 10 min duration/1 hour CD which gives you a chance to receive a bloody coin when killing a player, so if used with Censer you can sometimes get 2. Currently on the PTR people with censer can't use celestial shrines and if that change makes it to live you will be at a huge disadvantage while using censer.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-09-03 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Hmm...has anyone tested if it works in groups, ie 3 grouped players kill one, do they each get a coin or just whoevers get killing blow? I'm thinking OQueue or Openraid cross-realm groups, make 2 40m raids and just kill the crap out of each other for a while then. Or, slightly more antisocial but probably effective, one 40m raid group steaming around the isle killing everybody they see. The item for 50 coins doesn't sound too great, unless you're sure of killing more than 50 players in 10m it's not going to be very useful.

Edit:- Apparently the 50 coin item also drops from Zesqa and it's a permanent item so it is worth buying, just looked it up on wowhead
    Last edited by mmoc6cc8cbdac7; 2013-09-03 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    What if you payed people for it?
    Not like that sort of 'hk farming' hasn't been done before.
    I believe if you kill a player while under the effect of the censer they get a buff/debuff that gives them inmunity to players with the censer

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    I believe if you kill a player while under the effect of the censer they get a buff/debuff that gives them inmunity to players with the censer
    Not immunity anymore, but will not give bloody coins for 10 min.

Hmm...has anyone tested if it works in groups, ie 3 grouped players kill one, do they each get a coin or just whoevers get killing blow? I'm thinking OQueue or Openraid cross-realm groups, make 2 40m raids and just kill the crap out of each other for a while then. Or, slightly more antisocial but probably effective, one 40m raid group steaming around the isle killing everybody they see. The item for 50 coins doesn't sound too great, unless you're sure of killing more than 50 players in 10m it's not going to be very useful.

Edit:- Apparently the 50 coin item also drops from Zesqa and it's a permanent item so it is worth buying, just looked it up on wowhead
    From my experience only the player making the killing blow gets a coin...
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    So...one 10m cd item, buff lost on death, which only works on timeless isle, one 1hr cd item with a 10m duration and 30% chance of coin which works anywhere according to wowhead comments...hmm, I think my plan is earn the 50 coins/get lucky off Zesqa then...does anyone know if Rath Strat AV premades still get ran? ;p .

This is going to be pretty awful grinding it seems, even with the Fire-Watchers Oath working anywhere (which it hopefully will on live) even in a best case scenario of getting a killing blow on every enemy in a 40m BG and nobody else on your team using it, the 10m debuff before someone can be give credit again means you can get a maximum of 40 coins in one bg with perfect luck, assuming it only applies the 10m debuff if you actually get a coin, if just killing them with Oath active applies the debuff whether they reward a coin or not, ~12 coins.

And I thought bone farming was a grind...still haven't finished that!

So...one 10m cd item, buff lost on death, which only works on timeless isle, one 1hr cd item with a 10m duration and 30% chance of coin which works anywhere according to wowhead comments...hmm, I think my plan is earn the 50 coins/get lucky off Zesqa then...does anyone know if Rath Strat AV premades still get ran? ;p .

This is going to be pretty awful grinding it seems, even with the Fire-Watchers Oath working anywhere (which it hopefully will on live) even in a best case scenario of getting a killing blow on every enemy in a 40m BG and nobody else on your team using it, the 10m debuff before someone can be give credit again means you can get a maximum of 40 coins in one bg with perfect luck, assuming it only applies the 10m debuff if you actually get a coin, if just killing them with Oath active applies the debuff whether they reward a coin or not, ~12 coins.

And I thought bone farming was a grind...still haven't finished that!
    Fire-Watchers Oath does not cause the debuff