Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All the cloud serpents look trashy...

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Id buy it for anything under 50k, because then i can sell it for profit. Shit is useless, wtf am i suppose to do with another ugly mount in the spellbook? No mount that can be bought it worth it, there is no achievement in that. Im happy with the gladiator mount, one accually have to somewhat perform to get it.
    Last edited by mmoc30fc4496f6; 2013-01-24 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    It's all based on luck, just like ashes. I got 1 skyshard from getting Golden Lotus to Exalted while my friend wasn't even revered when he got his 10 shards.
    Like I said - I got exalted with three different chars, and didn't get one single skyshard. Zero.
    It definitely depends heavily on luck.

Never saw soneone on my server selling it, though. But then again...as far as I know the people here, it probably would not cost less than 100-200k anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Id buy it for anything under 50k, because then i can sell it for profit.
    How? It's BoP, the person with the skyshards has to attack Alani and let it loot you afterwards.
    Doubt that anyone would allow you to bring a third person and sell it for profit.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-01-24 at 02:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Like I said - I got exalted with three different chars, and didn't get one single skyshard. Zero.
    It definitely depends heavily on luck.

Never saw soneone on my server selling it, though. But then again...as far as I know the people here, it probably would not cost less than 100-200k anyway.
    I've seen at least 4 people with it on my realm (Burning Legion-EU) and as far as I'm concerned the current price for it estimates around 60-70k in here, which is imo not worth the grind.

Don't let it discourage you, though, Burning Legion is one of the biggest realms in Europe, so the price is substantially lower than on low-med pop servers, I assume.

However, remember! In 5.2 Skyshards go BoA. Which means people with multiple 90 characters doing dailies will now be able to collect them all on one character and get that mount. The price will drop for sure, as usual, and it will become a little less rare.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even remotely close.

I basically already bought it when I paid 7k for the mount from August Celestials, which is the exact same model with just a orange vs red color.

And I have used it a grand total of once, just to see it compared to the Onyx and the Azure one I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Not even remotely close.

I basically already bought it when I paid 7k for the mount from August Celestials, which is the exact same model with just a orange vs red color.

And I have used it a grand total of once, just to see it compared to the Onyx and the Azure one I already have.
    This is what I did as well to save myself the effort.. just bought the august celestial mount. Doesn't look exactly like alani but it's much cheaper. I'm not a big fan of the cloud serpent mounts though. The way they bob up and down makes me nauseous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Not even remotely close.

TLPD is considered by many to be ugly, still it's desired since it's so freaking rare.
    Out of all these ultra-hard mounts to get, only Phosphorescent Stone Drake stands out a little bit more than others.

It's not about their looks really, although they could make them a little bit different from the others hence the effort.
    People crave them for mere purpose of having them, so the "exact same model with just a orange vs red color" is not an argument :P

I bought mine on Darkspear Alliance last night for 17k. Surprised it goes for so much more, I was happy with the price regardless.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammerta View Post
    Hey,

so i ask simple thing: Would u pay and how much if someone sold you an Alani mount? I know its an rare spawn and i know it needs 10 Crystals, but ive heard that u can ML and give it to player who wants to buy it.
    Yes. Fuck doing that many dailies. I can make 100k gold with less time and less effort.

I bought it myself, for 20k. Wanted it for a long time and someone saved me days of farming for 20k =D So yes I would buy it ;D

Based on the subjective point of what he looks like, I'd put his worth at around 1k gold, maybe 2? It's really bland and really not that distinctive.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    TLPD is considered by many to be ugly, still it's desired since it's so freaking rare.
    Out of all these ultra-hard mounts to get, only Phosphorescent Stone Drake stands out a little bit more than others.
    Nowadays, I think TLPD pretty ugly as well. Not only him, the Black and Plagued are simply hideous. Oh, you got that when the content was relevant? Good, now use a good looking mount please.

Heck, I find even A'lar to be ugly nowadays. Every time I see someone on that I mount my Pureblood Firehawk to compare and I simply cannot see how A'lar could be better. Dated model, bland texture, even the color is not so good.

But people want to be exclusive, so they take a mount that is not so used to stand out. You might as well mount the Bronze Drake, since nobody ever uses that anymore. You stand out as much as mounting a Plagued Proto Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by dinobatbird View Post
    That would be a bargain. I believe it would sell for much higher than 150k. If I were to sell it, which I would not, I would start at 500k and slowly move backwards from there.
    Who would pay this much for a mount that looks the same as what everyone and their grandma is riding these days? You can get Invincible or Mimiron's Head for a gold cap if you are fast enough. 500k is jus ridiculous for Alani

i'd buy it, but i would never pay more than 50.000 for it. Probably around 15-35k

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 06:10 AM ----------

And yea, TLPD is better looking. TLPD is one of the best looking mount ingame imo, together with the other protos

Deleted
    No, I won't buy it. At least in my case.

On Frostmourne it's relatively easy to find someone selling it for about 10-15k. Once I bother to hit Exalted with August Celestials I'll probably buy it.

Never, I couldn't imagine paying 150k+ on a mount, especially one that's just a recolour of so many other mounts with some lightning on it.

As for the Shards drop chance being compared to Ashes? It's RNG, pure and simple. One person may get 10 shards in a week of dailies but never ever see Ashes, alternatively another person may see Ashes drop 4 times in 10 runs, but not get any Shards.

Deleted
    The only mount I'd ever pay more than 10k for would be the plagued proto drake.
    I know it's nothing more than a recoloured, pretty common drake too, but man, it's the most awesome recoloured drake out there :<

No. Even if I had the gold. Stupid mount :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugly mount. The only cloud serpent I would ever ride if I had it is the one that drops from SoA.