Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy paladin melee?

Are any other holy paladins having issues with their auto-attack not actually activating during combat? This can't be working as intended because it takes me roughly 10 seconds of standing still by a mob before I start auto hitting after I heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've definitely been having issues with meleeing. I first noticed it on Elegon and thought it was likely more of an issue with the boss, but I'll see how it reacts on other fights this week.

Deleted
    Same problem, noticed also on elegon.

Noticing the problem as well. Definitely taking longer than weapon speed to do a swing after casting a spell.

I noticed this today in raid finder. I thought it was just me being fail. Of course, you can force melee attacked to start with a judgement but that uses mana so sort of defeats the purpose. Maybe macros?

Have a button specifically for the macro /startattack maybe?
    Moo.

Deleted
    here you can see the problem while i was doing elegon:

http://youtu.be/yhCHxiEjoJ8?t=2m58s

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    here you can see the problem while i was doing elegon:

http://youtu.be/yhCHxiEjoJ8?t=2m58s
    a little off topic but what is that addon you're using to show the cooldowns on the bottom left?

I actually put the auto-attack button back on my bars and it still shows the same exact problem. A large chunk of time between 5-10 seconds before I start meleeing. I think I might see if there is a post on the paladin WoW forums discussing it.

also so noticed this on feng i was watching my char and was like wtf why aint he auto attacking thought it was just me outa mele range but could still CS the boss :S

It's just speculation but i think it has something to do with eternal flame. I've noticed that when i have a lot up i cant melee, but when there arnt any rolling i have no problem. Possibly an eternal flame tick is resetting swing timer?

Going to test that theory RIGHT now. Will return with results.

Edit - Ya I just did it with me and 1 other person meleeing a training dummy in SW. With 1 HoPo EF on both myself and the party member I would sometimes get longer than normal swing timers or none at all. On a 1.81 second melee swing I would get maybe 1 swing over 10 seconds if the EFs were spaced evenly. Which means when I spam 1 hopo WoGs to get EF ticking everywhere I get absolutely no melee attacks. I can special attack all day, but not regular melee.
    Last edited by Valiea; 2012-10-16 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Going to test that theory RIGHT now. Will return with results.

Edit - Ya I just did it with me and 1 other person meleeing a training dummy in SW. With 1 HoPo EF on both myself and the party member I would sometimes get longer than normal swing timers or none at all. On a 1.81 second melee swing I would get maybe 1 swing over 10 seconds if the EFs were spaced evenly. Which means when I spam 1 hopo WoGs to get EF ticking everywhere I get absolutely no melee attacks. I can special attack all day, but not regular melee.
    i log in and test this
    i can confirm that EF is the one that cause this
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

Deleted
    just reported this bug... hope they fix it soon

Thanks ya the more bug reports we get on this the faster it can get resolved.

Bump old topic
    i observe a lot of ptr change log and still not found any news on this bug
    anyone with ptr can test if it fix yet ?
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

Not fixed as far as I'm aware. I just chalked it up to one of the "all the work for no response or fix" type of deals and just figured out how to heal hard during the hard parts and then actually not do anything to regain my mana. /shrug

It's not fixed, still can't melee for shit on bosses

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I think this one is a major bug - don't understand why they not fix it yet