Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why can't I hold all these Lesser Charms of Good Fortune?

Anyone else getting this feeling? I've currently got 417 of these in my inventory along with 9 Greater Charms of Good Fortune, and I can't do another turn in until tomorrow.
    I don't think I've even been doing 25 dailies each day, although without the cap there its hard to say. I just hit Exalted with Tillers yesterday and Revered with Golden Lotus today. I hit Revered with Klaxxi about a week ago and stopped doing them for a while. Also recently started the Wind Serpent dailies and I occasionally do Anglers (hit Revered and pretty much stopped though).

I don't mind doing the dailies, but you would think the reward system would have a smoother transition. You can earn 200-300+ tokens a week but only turn in 90? kind of odd.

Keep in mind that the Greater Charms are limited to 10 at a time. So you might not want to turn in your Lesser Charms until you've used a couple Greater Charms.

When you eventually hit exalted and stop doing dailies you'll run out, personally after tomorrow I'll have over 1000 charms and I'll be glad I won't have to do dailies for a few months after I hit exalted with all the factions. *btw those greater charms of good fortune cap at 10 so I'd spend at least 2 before you hand in your next weekly quest*

10+ Year Old Account
    It will even out later down the line when you are doing zero dailies because you are exalted.

What would have been nice is if they had made the lesser charms the currency and the greater charms the item.

I have more than 3 stacks now, it should be in the currency tab. An alternate reward for the tokens could be good, like a mote/spirit of harmony for every X lesser charms.

You might want to spend 2 elder charms today if you can, you can only hold 10 of those, so you'd waste 2 if you turn in the quest tomorrow this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm slowly losing control of my life

These really need to become a currency or something.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    It will even out later down the line when you are doing zero dailies because you are exalted.

What would have been nice is if they had made the lesser charms the currency and the greater charms the item.
    Many things would have been better is Blizz actually thought through some of their 'bright' ideas. I am getting to think they have some random idea generator who creates new concepts, but no one ever thinks past the first few days of using them.

Yeah I'm aware I can only hold 10, that's one reason why it's becoming so problematic. I probably won't be spending the Greater Charms too quickly so I won't be doing the turn in for a while. Going to have a bank full of charms soon.

Honestly, I have no idea why lesser charms aren't a currency as well. Bizarre design choice by Blizz, here.

I understand fully why we're getting tons of them (to give us flexibility and not feel forced to do dailies all day, every day), but they're taking up so much bag space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I have more than 3 stacks now, it should be in the currency tab. An alternate reward for the tokens could be good, like a mote/spirit of harmony for every X lesser charms.
    For that you have your farm ....

10+ Year Old Account
    The picture made me laugh out loud.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

You're doing more dailies than you need to be, if you do an abundance of dailies, expect an abundance of rewards?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You're doing more dailies than you need to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthul View Post
    I don't think I've even been doing 25 dailies each day, although without the cap there its hard to say. I just hit Exalted with Tillers yesterday and Revered with Golden Lotus today. I hit Revered with Klaxxi about a week ago and stopped doing them for a while. Also recently started the Wind Serpent dailies and I occasionally do Anglers (hit Revered and pretty much stopped though).
    Not so much, apparently.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You're doing more dailies than you need to be, if you do an abundance of dailies, expect an abundance of rewards?
    I would beg to differ. Since the raids are staggered the main source of gear progression early in the expansion is running heroics and farming reputations. I feel that Blizzard should have expected people to do a lot of dailies. I also wouldn't call it an abundance of rewards. If you can only spend $10 a day, someone giving you $100 every day is just giving you paper.

The most valid explanation is that they don't feel people will continue to do dailies for gold and rewards once the rep is maxxed, so you accrue an excess of rewards initially that you will then spend gradually as the content progresses. Even so, the fact that the lesser charms are not a currency while the greater ones are is quite a head scratcher.

They could always implement an another/alternate questgiver which you can choose to trade in x amounts of lesser charms for x amounts of Spirits once a week, like the current charm system, or they could up the maximum of how many greater charms you can get from turning in 90 charms once a week, for a higher price though. Even I who's unable to raid anymore due to moving to a dorm with most probably thé worst internet connection of the year 2012, does still have tons left, and that's after cashing in every reset.
    Druid // Muffinfetus - Priest // Agascha - Shaman // Healwithit - Warlock // Intimate - Rogue // Schylla

As others said, the entire reason you get so many and can only turn in 90 per week is because eventually you will become exalted with all the factions and won't want to grind dailies anymore. The over-abundance of the charms means you will be able to go MONTHS without ever having to touch a daily again before you run out of charms.

Deleted
    Why can't they just go into currency tab aswell.. x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    As others said, the entire reason you get so many and can only turn in 90 per week is because eventually you will become exalted with all the factions and won't want to grind dailies anymore. The over-abundance of the charms means you will be able to go MONTHS without ever having to touch a daily again before you run out of charms.
    This may be true but my bag space would love for them to be moved to the currency tab.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    They honestly should be either a currency, or at least stack higher. 1000 would be a good start

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    i'm slowly losing control of my life

These really need to become a currency or something.
    Well... at least they stack fairly high.

(why to 180? What a peculiar choice)

With great shame, I will admit that I've been terrible at doing my dailies. I have less than 50 on each of my two level 90s, just one bag slot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |