10+ Year Old Account

Elegon - Time vs %

My guild is progressing on Elegon, and while i feel like we're doing okay tactics-wise, i dont really know how we're doing on the timer.

We're hitting 85% after 2 protectors, and are killing 4 x sparks in both P2.

What is a good point to aim for 2nd phase 1, and how much time should we aim for nuking the last 40ish % of the boss down with (i suppose) +100% dmg?

I know this all depends on dps'ers etc, but soeme general guidelines would be nice, like "if you have 4 minutes left when he reaches 50% you should be good" or somesuch.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe, correct me if im wrong, you'll be fine with

phase 1 - 2 protectors
    phase 2 - 4 sparks

phase 1 two - 4 protectors max
    phase 2 two - 4 sparks

stack in, rotate raidwide CD's. burn boss.
    Hi

We usually managed to nuke Elegon to 75% before the pillars we had to kill spawned when we were doing him last week on 25 norm. 4 sets of sparks on both spark phases (100% dmg taken), and 2 protectors in P1.

do you use hero on the 2nd orb phase or the nuke phase ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    do you use hero on the 2nd orb phase or the nuke phase ?
    Havent gotten to nuke phase yet, but thats the plan to use hero there.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Unless you're REALLY having trouble with orbs you should use it during the last phase. The reason for it is it'll turn out to be more or less the same amount of damage, but it'll help your healers immensely. The healers are the ones who need it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    Havent gotten to nuke phase yet, but thats the plan to use hero there.
    you only lust on the 2nd orb phase if you plan on doing more than 4, if not then save it for when everyone is stacked up and zerging the boss. you should be fine on time, 2 protectors p1, 4 orbs for each phase 2, 4 protectors max on the next. just remember to keep dpsing the boss anytime hes active. people have a tendency to get caught up in killing adds or doing other stuff, that they forgot they can dot up the boss or attack the boss while the other add comes up
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Gonna need some sick healing aswell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tip guys.. We decided to push it a bit and get 2 protectors/kill 4 orbs/get 3 protectors/kill 4 orbs, then stack middle and hero while resetting stacks @ 8 twice, and killed him 3rd try after we pushed 3 protectors instead of 4 in 2nd P1.