10 man raiding question

This is probably a broad question, but what does Trion have planned for 10 man content in SL? Basically, i know that in Rift the same raids aren't tuned for 10 and 20 man. Its either you do 20 man or do you enter the instance at all, and the same goes for 10 man.

Does trion plan on changing this at all? Or do they plan on regularly releasing 10 man content at the same time as 20 man content? Does it seem like 20 man always takes priority over 10s, and 10's are just released as fillers?

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    10 & 20 mans have been released in equal frequencies so far I don't see why they would change that. For every tier of 20 man there has been a 10 man.

10 man raids are usually added after a 20 man dungeon is released. There's been no official word from Trion about any changes to this design, though anything is possible.

Have 20 mans taken priority in the past? Sort of. I don't know if the 10s that were released were due to player outcry or always intended, but they have always followed the release of 20 man content in the past. I figure a good 20 man takes many guilds months to clear, so 10 mans are considered filler content, but can certainly be difficult enough for the non-bleeding-edge playerbase.

I've known guilds who spent months unable to get past the 3rd boss in RotP.

thanks for the info!

I expect and hope Trion don't break the current formula of 10 & 20 man raids. I think it's pretty perfect right now; two 10s and one 20 per tier, basically. Also I love the novel idea of "slivers" [the 10 mans], in that slivers use the existing world's landscape. Always impressive to me for some reason.

As others have said, I don't think there are any changes announced via Trion to the current system.

Slightly off topic: But I really hope Trion adjust the expert/raid rifts. I'd love for the expert and raid rifts to return to some long lasting importance in the game. Such a great system!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Slightly off topic: But I really hope Trion adjust the expert/raid rifts. I'd love for the expert and raid rifts to return to some long lasting importance in the game. Such a great system!
    While I cannot post details due to the NDA. Hunt Rifts are a EXTREMELY viable alternative to expert and raid rifts.

I don't really want alternatives. I liked the expert and raid rift concepts in of themselves. Hunt rifts are sorta irrelevant to that.

I don't really want alternatives. I liked the expert and raid rift concepts in of themselves. Hunt rifts are sorta irrelevant to that.
    It has been posted publically that expert and raid rifts are effectively gone in SL. The cost of the gear has been a running joke since they came up with the gear and hardly anyone does that route.

Once the NDA is lifted I can give more information. Trust me the gear path through hunt rifts is far more effective then the current method.

The cost of the gear has been a running joke since they came up with the gear and hardly anyone does that route.
    Right. I'm saying I would like if they didn't make it a "joke". I am aware of hunt rifts and all that. That's not what I am desiring here.

And yes, I realize it is unlikely. Simply stating I enjoy the expert/raid rift model and want them to continue. Hopefully in a non-trivial manner.

Right. I'm saying I would like if they didn't make it a "joke". I am aware of hunt rifts and all that. That's not what i am desiring here.

And yes, I realize it is unlikely. Simply stating I enjoy the expert/raid rift model and want them to continue. Hopefully in a non-trivial manner.
    Really trying not to violate NDA here, but lets just says the model is not as repetitive and limited to 5 elements in SL.

From what I have read, in an interview, led me to believe that Hunt Rifts are replacing Expert and Raid Rifts, though will basically be the same thing.

From here on out is purely based off poor memory and speculation, however, I think they said there will be 50 Hunt Rifts(or thereabouts, we'll use 50 anyway for the purposes of my speculations). You have to do one before you can do the next, but you can redo anything you want. I am thinking a system where 1-20 will be normal, soloable rifts. 21-30 will be like your Major Rifts. 31-40 will be like Expert Rifts and 41-45 will be T1 Raid and 46-50 will be T2 raid. Only major difference from the old system is that you have to do them on order, but once you've done one you can redo it as many times as you like. So instead of seeing people LFG XRs or RRs or T2RRs, which can be confusing to a newer player you'll instead see LFG HR#30-35, or a specific one if it drops something.

If any of that made sense, it's basically the same thing as before, just different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what Lathais said. Hunt Rifts are the next generation of expert/raid rifts combining and expanding on mechanics already in place (onslaughts for example). "Great Hunt Rifts" already mentioned in articles will be the " Raid Rifts" of SL. As Mallace said you're no longer limited to the 5 elements raids but 50 to 60 different Hunt Rifts. Variety is our friend and this seems like a natural direction to improve on what is currently available.

It should be interesting to see how they play out and expand on them as we outgear them. Embracing change is hard sometimes but also prevents a game from getting stale and Trion gets this and the players reap the rewards.

Nothing I've said breaks the NDA all available facts I've worded from the net.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-10-15 at 07:46 PM.

I really love their raid strategy. The idea of there being separate but equal 10 and 20 man raids is wonderful. It really brings me back to the good old days when i could raid 5 days a week and still have bosses to kill. I do like 10 man raids, but my love is the larger raids. The fact i can raid both in the same week is so awesome.

As for raid rifts and expert rifts, i would love to see more. I never really got to do them on my shard due to population problems, but i do really love the idea of out in the world encounters. They are usually fun, puggable, and he race to get the boss first is great!

Hunt Rifts appear to be a new alternative/additional form of progression, providing more incentive and more direction for those who want to kick some planar ass. Raid Rifts were absolutely fine, but they always felt too... I dunno, optional? Though there were levels of difficulty associated with them, they were still a random act. No one has to participate in Hunt Rifts, but Trion is definitely raising the level of awareness surrounding them. It should be a nice step up.

Quite looking forward to Hunt Rifts, I read online that there are a number of ranks that you progress through, having to complete each one before you can move onto the next. Looks promising. Almost like tiered progression, though you get all the tiers at once. I hope the upper tiers are really tough and challenging... and rewarding