Deleted

Elemental - EoE/Ancestral swiftness

How much of a DPS-loss is Ancestral Swiftness compared to Echo of the Elements? I really, really don't like slow cast times, especially not as slow as they are in the beginning of expansions. Currently running with EoE as I've read it's better, but how much DPS would I lose by switching to Ancestral Swiftness?

Sim it
    Check it
    Love it

It really strikes me when people are asking questions no one can answer except by uploading the profile and simming it.
    when people ask these questions, it shows they are just too unsure/lazy to even try to use the sim...
    I have never ever witnessed someone who was too stupid to use the sim, they all could get the info they wanted after 1-2 tries.

So in stead of asking that question, and next month another one when something is buffed/nerfed, download simcraft, read the manual or watch a tutorial on simcraft, read endus' guide,...

in import tab, import char from armory
    go to options, Put iterations on 10000, enter the numbers of strings depending on how many cores your processor has.
    combat variables, Mark the boxes on which you want info (reforge plots takes so much time so skip that)

click simulate...

Stop being lazy or afraid of it, try it and then you can answer your questions yourself. Believe me, it won't take more than 10min to make it work and you'll slap yourself on the head for not using it earlier...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    It really strikes me when people are asking questions no one can answer except by uploading the profile and simming it.
    when people ask these questions, it shows they are just too unsure/lazy to even try to use the sim...
    I have never ever witnessed someone who was too stupid to use the sim, they all could get the info they wanted after 1-2 tries.

So in stead of asking that question, and next month another one when something is buffed/nerfed, download simcraft, read the manual or watch a tutorial on simcraft, read endus' guide,...

in import tab, import char from armory
    go to options, Put iterations on 10000, enter the numbers of strings depending on how many cores your processor has.
    combat variables, Mark the boxes on which you want info (reforge plots takes so much time so skip that)

click simulate...

Stop being lazy or afraid of it, try it and then you can answer your questions yourself. Believe me, it won't take more than 10min to make it work and you'll slap yourself on the head for not using it earlier...
    Most of your comment implies the OP even knows of simming. Hard to believe yes, but out of the realm of possibility, no.

Deleted
    I was looking for a rough percentage - I'm betting someone's simmed it before me, and really, I doubt the difference between profiles is that significant.
    But thanks anyway.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-10-16 at 08:50 PM.

For my gear, EoE sims about 1% higher than AS and 0.2% higher than EM.

I'm gonna put a quote in from the guide should answer your question.

Like Tier 3, the Tier 4 talents come down to a combination of personal choice and encounter conditions. Overall Echo of the Elements wins out by a small margin (approx 0.3% of total DPS), while Elemental Mastery is better suited an encounter with burn phases.. Ancestral Swiftness doesn't have either of these advantages so it may not be worth taking.

Note: As gear levels increase, the gain from adding additional haste (via either Ancestral Swiftness or Elemental Mastery) will decrease. This will make Echo of the Elements the superior talent in raiding Tier 15 and onwards.
    so it's at least 0.3% dps more, likely it is alot larger (relatively) between EoE and AS as i infer that the 0.3% is between EoE and EM. It will depend on your gear and can change your stat weights as well. Simcraft gives the best answer but a rough guide (relatively again as numbers can change based on your input) is what is in the excellent guide made by the elemental theorycrafters.

The 5% haste personnally i feel is nice but the extra cool down part of it i see no use for really and i feel like i have enough cool downs at the moment for what i do. I personnally go for EoE.
    Sental of Darkspear EU PC: i5 4460, Gigabyte z97p-d3, xfx/sappire r9 270 xfire, 1TB WD blue, Corsiar 540 Air, Corsair RM850, Corsair K30, Razer Naga 2014, 2 1080p monitors at 1440p(AMD VSR)