Deleted

Best Dps classes atm!

So we will start to raid on Wednesday and my question is, What is the best dps classes right now?

best dps class: blood dk

10+ Year Old Account
    Look on simcraft

Im sure it well depend on each player and their skill/experience. In my guild were seeing Mages, Ele Shamans, Feral druids, windwalker monks and warlocks to an extent near the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseg22 View Post
    best dps class: blood dk
    I'm going to have to go with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's completely encounter dependent. MGV tends to favor ranged heavily.

Stone Guards: Fire Mage, Aff Lock, Combat Rogue, Shadow Priest
    Feng: Fire, Aff, Feral, BM, Frost
    Gara'jal: Fire, Aff, BM
    Spirit Kings: Aff, Fire, Shadow, BM
    Elegon: Aff, Shadow, Fire
    Will of the Emperor: Aff, Shadow, Balance

Obviously this doesn't mean the other classes are worthless. Overall, things are generally balanced. Some specs are slightly low - particularly balance and enhance, but in general, everything has its place and can be played very well.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    In my guild we have one fire mage that do 60k dps and 2 other that do 35k dps. I do around 60k dps as affliction and one other demon warlock do around 52k dps the the third around 35k dps...

So it's very much up to individual skill and it's WAAAY better to play a "bad" class and be skilled that to play a "good" class and be bad.

In the end, if you are gonna play for hours and hours you really need to play a class you enjoy or why bother? Don't ask other "what class it best", but instead ask yourself "what class would I enjoy the most"!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock (Affliction), Shadow Priest, Hunter (not sure which spec)

Deleted
    Definitely feral druid. There isn't much to say, feral druid with Heart of the wild is by far the best dps. Doesn't really matter anymore though, they are gonna get nerfed soon (already announced).

Depends if Cleave, AOE, Burst, sustained, movement, multiple targets, target switching.. So many different factors. But, it is highly dependent on the player him/herself, and with how well gear scales with DPS, that is a huge factor. While we are still on the first tier on the expansion, I doubt we will see Fresh 90s outdpsing T15/16 players like we saw in Cata LFR.

Cleave would probably go to Fire Mage, Rogue
    AOE would go to Fire Mage, Survival Hunter
    Burst can go to quite a few classes, Rets BMs Arcane/Fire Mages
    Sustained would probably be the top classes/specs you see on Simcraft
    Movement would go to Hunters hands down
    Multiple targets would go to the dot classes like Locks, Boomkins, and Spriests
    Target Switching would probably be go to classes/specs without much ramp up time and instantaneous switching. Preferably certain ranged classes but melee can do it also.

I missed lots of classes/specs but this is what I would expect on each kind of encounter.

Best class, IMO man, big numbers leaping up at you on a screen, or being the top of the DPS charts dont mean anything.

Its a combo of what you find the most fun, and are comfortable with as a player to perform the very best with.

Aff locks seem to be the carving class atm, but i dont enjoy Warlock gameplay. Hence i am sticking with my warrior and mage

My fury war shreds right now but I've been beaten handily in LFR and a couple dungeons by locks. Fury cleave is great again, between RB/whirlwind combo and Dragon Roar, and the burst is quite nice too.

Agreeing with my fellow fury warrior above, fury is in a very good spot at the moment. I am destroying literally everyone else in my raid team on some fights, and I do very close on some fights which favors ranged a whole lot, like Elegon and Will of the Emperor. Boomkin and fire mage is my main competitors. As long as you bring 1-2 (max 3) melee and rest ranged with bear/DK tank, you're fine for any normal mode.

Feral, affliction and fire by a decent margin.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best DPS class is the one you find most enjoying to play.

You're going to get through the content, regardless of what spec/class you choose. Also, if you're asking this question, you're never topping any World of Logs / WowWebStats charts anyway. So, go play, and have fun doing it.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.