Heroic elegon question

I've been watching streams of guilds such as Midwinter and blood Legion's kills on elegon and on normal during draw power, when you kill the 6 adds, they blow up and do dmg. But Watching these streams, the adds don't blow up and do dmg when you kill them. Is this currently bugged, or how the fight works on heroic?

It's bugged. Somehow, the game consider them as outside the smokebomb effect so if you are inside the ring, you don't take damage. If you stand outside, you will

I'm pretty sure that's part of the heroic changes. Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure you have to have a different soaker for each total annihilation similar to Ultraxion and the "glass" blocks line of sight.

The Sparks just don't damage the raid when killed on heroic.

But there's an entry for "Discharge" even in the heroic versions in the Dungeon Journal. 40k damage to all players when killed.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    But there's an entry for "Discharge" even in the heroic versions in the Dungeon Journal. 40k damage to all players when killed.
    All players standing outside the energy vortex.

Not sure if intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

I have noticed this too, and either it is a HUGE bug that Blizzard somehow completely overlook (read "blizzard didn't test the fight themselves")

or it is a dumb mechanic that is actually easier than the normal mode counterpart, allowing all healers to regen mana and help dps adds, and going into the last phase with as much mana as possible is huge for this fight.... and this let's 25 man guilds 4 heal this fight.............

I also just glanced at the Dungeon Journal, and it says "all players" on both 10 and 25 man heroic... nothing about "all player outside the energy vortex."

Really have a hard time believing Blizzard would screw up this bad and make that part of the fight a joke for healers, allowing them 30+ seconds (twice) of mana regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    I have noticed this too, and either it is a HUGE bug that Blizzard somehow completely overlook (read "blizzard didn't test the fight themselves")

or it is a dumb mechanic that is actually easier than the normal mode counterpart, allowing all healers to regen mana and help dps adds, and going into the last phase with as much mana as possible is huge for this fight.... and this let's 25 man guilds 4 heal this fight.............

I also just glanced at the Dungeon Journal, and it says "all players" on both 10 and 25 man heroic... nothing about "all player outside the energy vortex."

Really have a hard time believing Blizzard would screw up this bad and make that part of the fight a joke for healers, allowing them 30+ seconds (twice) of mana regen.

There is a heroic specific change to Energy Vortex that states:

"On Heroic Difficulty the energy vortex prevents targeting into or out of the energy vortex."

Meaning you can't be hit by stuff on the outside if you're in and visa versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    There is a heroic specific change to Energy Vortex that states:

"On Heroic Difficulty the energy vortex prevents targeting into or out of the energy vortex."

Meaning you can't be hit by stuff on the outside if you're in and visa versa.
    The videos I have seen from US guilds show people getting 10-15+ stacks during this phase, standing inside the energy vortex, and taking 0 damage when the adds explode. I am talking about spark adds (spawn 6 at a time during Draw Power), not the big add (spawns 1 at a time).

Seems very broken to me. I have a hard time believing this is intended.

It's bugged. Blizzard overlooked it and now can't change it to the intented version because it wouldn't be fair to guilds who didn't kill it before the fix.

This has been bugging the hell out of me too. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought I was crazy and not reading something right.

Yeah, I was watching Kripp's stream during their attempts and this has been bothering me. Would love an official confirmation that it's bugged or not. Common sense dictates that a mechanic would not be so much easier on Heroic compared to its normal counterpart :/

Given that the Empyreal Focuses are outside the vortex and the sparks burst when reaching them it makes sense that no one takes any damage while inside the vortex. Otherwise the fight is bugged because it wouldn't make sense for a heroic fight to have a phase that is that much easier, despite the dps check.