Rediculous Over-Moderation?

I posted a thread on a very cool world event that happens only 40 minutes a week with the intention of distributing the information and having a discussion. I also made a video on the topic and linked it in the thread because I knew most people would not have seen the actual festival and would not be able to comment on it without seeing it first.

The thread was posted in the general discussion forum and got some attention immediately - all positive reactions to the effort blizzard put in.

Thread was closed via

Please post videos in this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enshots-Videos

Why would an entire thread be closed for that reason? Seems absurd to me. Just remove the link if you don't like it? Its not like the focus of the thread was the video.
    I came here because I know Shane who streams for MMO and figured I would be able to openly express and share cool wow stuff, but if thats going to happen then I guess I came to the wrong place.

Suggestion: Less extreme moderation/moderators.

Deleted
    You should have pm'ed a mod or an admin about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few of the mods don't seem to have much common sense, Although a lot of them do a fantastic job as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    I posted a thread on a very cool world event that happens only 40 minutes a week with the intention of distributing the information and having a discussion. I also made a video on the topic and linked it in the thread because I knew most people would not have seen the actual festival and would not be able to comment on it without seeing it first.

The thread was posted in the general discussion forum and got some attention immediately - all positive reactions to the effort blizzard put in.

Thread was closed via

Please post videos in this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enshots-Videos

Why would an entire thread be closed for that reason? Seems absurd to me. Just remove the link if you don't like it? Its not like the focus of the thread was the video.
    I came here because I know Shane who streams for MMO and figured I would be able to openly express and share cool wow stuff, but if thats going to happen then I guess I came to the wrong place.

Suggestion: Less extreme moderation/moderators.
    I'm pretty sure that OPENLY questioning moderation can cause you more trouble than just having your thread removed... take it to PMs....

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're having a problem with a particular moderator, please contact Sunshine to discuss the matter and see how the issue can be resolved. Thank you