Deleted

Did Divine Insight just get viable for Holy?

Fellow Priests, the Holy kind

At the moment I am specced into Power Infusion. The spell is neato burrito, but now that Blizzard buffed PoM and PoH with an astounding 25%, shouldn't it be time to pick up Divine Insight instead?

I am raiding 10-man, so I am not sure what talent I should use, because I'm frankly not using PoH that much at all in MV so far. I'm sure I would use it a lot more in a 25-man guild, but I'm not, so the decision remains a tough one.

Can you help me out? Throughput wise, is Divine Insight the way to go for a Holy Priest in MV10 now?

Thanks in advance for your bright (pun intended) advice.

Deleted
    I played Holy for awhile now, I used DI in DS with great result, took it away in MoP due to mana issues. It all comes down to what role u have in the raidgroup if its viable going DI. In fights with alot of aoe healing I say go DI. If alot of single target where mana and bursts is needed - dont. GH is still very expensive when solo healing, doing renew-chakra serenity-heal is much more mana efficent.

But if u dont struggle with mana at all i would go full DI on all fights imo, it has a great procc chance.

Im gna try DI on some hc progress this wednesday, can come back with som numbers then.

I wonder if its worth glyphing PoM now if going DI (10 man that is) or is it a hps loss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mazema View Post
    I played Holy for awhile now, I used DI in DS with great result, took it away in MoP due to mana issues. It all comes down to what role u have in the raidgroup if its viable going DI. In fights with alot of aoe healing I say go DI. If alot of single target where mana and bursts is needed - dont. GH is still very expensive when solo healing, doing renew-chakra serenity-heal is much more mana efficent.

But if u dont struggle with mana at all i would go full DI on all fights imo, it has a great procc chance.

Im gna try DI on some hc progress this wednesday, can come back with som numbers then.

I wonder if its worth glyphing PoM now if going DI (10 man that is) or is it a hps loss?
    Great, would love some numbers from your HC progress with DI. Especially on The Stone Guard. That shouldn't be doing a lot of AoE-damage.

You're right. It's all about having the mana for this talent. I think I will wait till I'm a tad more geared up, then spec DI.

I think Glyph of PoM is worth taking with Di in 10-man. It's gonna be rare that 5 out of 10 people need healing after you just threw a GH or a PoH. The 60% extra healing on the first jump could do great on your tank I'd say.
    Last edited by mmoce4eaca89e6; 2012-10-15 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yes i will come back with that, we are using WoL so can give u quite detailed numbers. Stone Guard seems like a perfect fight for DI yes, alot of spreading out aoe dmg.

Yeah i was thinking the same, but there are alot of mechanics that hit the whole raid, but its a minor loss even then. The other question is if its worth sacrificing a glyph slot for that, lightspring and renew are mandatory for me, might be worth to have PoM as third then now after buff.

dafuq

Why were you using PI rather than DI as Holy to begin with

Deleted
    There is the problem of finding a glyph-slot for it too, of course. I don't understand why you're glyphing renew though, since you haven't hit the extra renew tick with your haste yet. I thought it wasn't viable 'till you get that extra tick.

Izenhart: In a 10-man with mostly pre-raid gear, you're not gonna have the mana to be casting GH or PoH often. At least I don't have the mana yet. PI, however, can save the raid if a healer has gone down, and is getting combat-ressed. I pop PI and pick up on some of his healing why he's being CR'd.

Deleted
    I have hit the extra renew tick since i got 4770 haste and the breakpoint is 4721, so that glyph is great for me.

Agreed with the thoughts on PI, it has been very usefull on burst fights (read elegon, feng). PI is a great hps+hpm increase on such fights.
    But after buff things might get intresting with PIvDI therefore the topic.

DI has always been the better choice, now moreso than before definitely.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan99 View Post
    There is the problem of finding a glyph-slot for it too, of course. I don't understand why you're glyphing renew though, since you haven't hit the extra renew tick with your haste yet. I thought it wasn't viable 'till you get that extra tick.

Izenhart: In a 10-man with mostly pre-raid gear, you're not gonna have the mana to be casting GH or PoH often. At least I don't have the mana yet. PI, however, can save the raid if a healer has gone down, and is getting combat-ressed. I pop PI and pick up on some of his healing why he's being CR'd.
    Lolwut? If you're not casting Gheal or PoH what exactly are you casting?

DI is great, I used it on both Stoneguard & Feng HC. I'm disc on Gara'jal, Spirit Kings, and I probably will be on Elegon too (idk why anyone would spec holy on those fights in 10 man). PI is most likely better on Emps, and it's pretty decent on Feng too.
    Last edited by mmoc053e24f82b; 2012-10-16 at 04:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    Lolwut? If you're not casting Gheal or PoH what exactly are you casting?
    How about spells like Heal, Renew, PoM, CoH, Serenity? I'm only at iLevel 368, so I don't have the mana for spamming GH and PoH on a raid encounter yet. Doesn't that make any sense? GH and PoH are expensive heals after all.

But you might have a point that, being holy, I should probably use PoH some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    dafuq

Why were you using PI rather than DI as Holy to begin with
    This is what I was about to ask. DI is so amazing, basically giving you a free Chain Heal, which only gets better if you happen to be glyphed for PoM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

It isn't free though, right? You still have to pay the mana for a PoM.

I don't know about 10 man, but as for myself in both 25 man normal and HC I have been using mostly Twist of Faith. It usually has about 10% uptime (ain't great, but its ok). PoM was rather weak before this recent buff, I suppose its a bit stronger now so that would make DI stronger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castnicke View Post
    It isn't free though, right? You still have to pay the mana for a PoM.

I don't know about 10 man, but as for myself in both 25 man normal and HC I have been using mostly Twist of Faith. It usually has about 10% uptime (ain't great, but its ok). PoM was rather weak before this recent buff, I suppose its a bit stronger now so that would make DI stronger.
    I switch between all 3 talents depending on the fight. Any fight where the mechanics usually put Twisted Faith up a good chunk it has priority (Gara'jal, Elegon), Fights where I need an extra cooldown (Feng) I use PI. Rest of the time I use DI (hcs, Stone Guard etc). DI still costs mana so if its a mana tight fight, it's not really worth it.

The thing with these talents is it takes 5 seconds to switch between them. You shouldn't be staking claim on whats the best talent. Only whats best for the fight.