1. #1

    Hidden quests in Pandaria. I want more.

    So over the weekend, i stumbled across a completely unmarked quest. It was one of those crab people, had about 1.3 million hp, level 90 elite was sitting on a rock. I said what the hell, and soloed him down. I loot and find a scroll and a green seashell item that combines with 5 others that does not start a quest, but by reading the scroll, it tells of 5 other crab guys around pandaria and where they are, along with a leader. I fly around killing the other 5, not spoiling anything by looking it up on any of the sites, combined the shells and got an item that would summon the leader. killed him and got a nice blue ilvl 450 89th level fist weapon that makes your fist look like a lobster claw.

    Now i have no use for this weapon, being a warlock, but it was awesome following instructions and searching for the guys without quest markers to lead the way. Reminds me of vanilla wow.

    I also remember reading about a hidden quest in the wilds involving two players kneeling and laying in circles of light to summon a boss.

    I want to know about any more of these. Anyone found others?

    I applaud blizzard for putting some easter eggs in that dont treat people like they need the markers to complete.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I also remember reading about a hidden quest in the wilds involving two players kneeling and laying in circles of light to summon a boss.
    its in Dread Wastes... there is at least one other hidden one in Dread Wastes.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,227
    There's three in DW that coincide with the different Klaxxi dailies. The Kyparite giant worm, the big queen bug, and the statue. Not to mention the various rare spawn treasures throughout the continent. And I'm sure there are a good amount of others.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    its in Dread Wastes... there is at least one other hidden one in Dread Wastes.
    There's 2, the kneeling one, a giant beetle monster outside heart of fear, and a gyre worm down on the southern coast.

    I'm not sure I'd call them hidden quests in the same way as the lobstmourn one is, they're 3 repeatable dailies - the lobster one is just a series of items.

    I do think it's a great thing though, reminiscent of old MMO content.

    Not hidden quests, but there's an elite Yak and an elite Goat in Dread Wastes and Kun-lai respectively, each drops a limited use super-fast ground mount, only usable in the zone the mob lives - the yak one is hilarious with some size increasing items, absolutely huge.

  5. #5
    Two of the DW ones are just "kill a big wandering mob" which is sort of boring, the "kneeling in temple" one is pretty awesome though.
    It might be a repeatable daily but it's not marked in any way, you have to use your initiative to find it.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Stinggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere south in the United States.. <.<
    Posts
    52
    The hidden quest in Dread Waste with the runes on the ground is a daily that you can basically do everyday. Very simple just requires two people to do, one for each rune. That hidden quest with the crab's sounds interesting and i would like to try it out, what zone did you find that first crab in?
    Feral is my life... Meow!!!! Cats! I'm a kitty cat! =3

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinggar View Post
    The hidden quest in Dread Waste with the runes on the ground is a daily that you can basically do everyday. Very simple just requires two people to do, one for each rune. That hidden quest with the crab's sounds interesting and i would like to try it out, what zone did you find that first crab in?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90174
    Doesn't matter which one you kill first
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Smittles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On the Internet
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Not hidden quests, but there's an elite Yak and an elite Goat in Dread Wastes and Kun-lai respectively, each drops a limited use super-fast ground mount, only usable in the zone the mob lives - the yak one is hilarious with some size increasing items, absolutely huge.
    There's also a Mushan (or whatever) in Valley of Four Winds that does the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

  9. #9
    Field Marshal Stinggar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Somewhere south in the United States.. <.<
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90174
    Doesn't matter which one you kill first
    Thanks! =D meow
    Feral is my life... Meow!!!! Cats! I'm a kitty cat! =3

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    There's three in DW that coincide with the different Klaxxi dailies. The Kyparite giant worm, the big queen bug, and the statue. Not to mention the various rare spawn treasures throughout the continent. And I'm sure there are a good amount of others.
    you are right... forgot about the giant bug one...

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 03:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinggar View Post
    The hidden quest in Dread Waste with the runes on the ground is a daily that you can basically do everyday. Very simple just requires two people to do, one for each rune. That hidden quest with the crab's sounds interesting and i would like to try it out, what zone did you find that first crab in?
    the lobsterman quests...can find one in each of the exterior zones (not vale or valley)

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •