Thread: "Bad" at LoL

Deleted

"Bad" at LoL

I'm only lvl 17 on a 2-3 year old account(I play maybe 1game and I'm done for a few days) so I never really retain any "skill".. This has led me to the point that I don't even dare to join games anymore because I'm afraid that I'll suck and be a major drawback for the team(since I'm getting closer to 30 and probably should know what the hell I'm doing) I have been "raged" at for not knowing terms and doing stuff that my teammates probably think is obvious..

I don't think I'm that bad tbh, I'm at a 70% win(I know I'm lvl 17 and that it probably means shit) So I really shouldn't be as "scared" of playing as I am, I'm at a loss of what to do.
    I've never played "Draft" which makes me even more scared of joining and not knowing what the hell I'm doing(I tried joining once and got teamcaptain, yay for banning shit you don't even know anything about)..

This became longer than I thought it would, so what I'm asking for is advice on what I should do. Man up and just wing it and suck at my first games?
    Last edited by mmoc5d999e555a; 2012-10-15 at 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrYaki View Post
    I'm only lvl 17 on a 2-3 year old account(I play maybe 1game and I'm done for a few days) so I never really retain any "skill".. This has led me to the point that I don't even dare to join games anymore because I'm afraid that I'll suck and be a major drawback for the team(since I'm getting closer to 30 and probably should know what the hell I'm doing) I have been "raged" at for not knowing terms and doing stuff that my teammates probably think is obvious..

I don't think I'm that bad tbh, I'm at a 70% win(I know I'm lvl 17 and that it prob means shit) So I really shouldn't be as "scared" of playing as I am, I'm at a loss of what to do.
    I've never played "Draft" which makes me even more scared of joining and not knowing what the hell I'm doing(I tried joining once and got teamcaptain, yay for banning shit you don't even know anything about)..

This became longer than I thought it would, so what I'm asking for is advice on what I should do. Man up and just wing it and suck at my first games?
    practice practice practice, took me about 6 weeks to gain the skill of players who are long at 30 ^^ learn the game and what counters what

Deleted
    And the "constant" raging for being in their mind "bad", just ignore it?

Well, you have a few options:

1. Play more often so you keep your skills
    2. Ignore anyone who bitches at you
    3. Stop playing

It's really up to you, man.

Deleted
    Either play more games, or if you are afraid of playing against or with players, just play against bots, nothing to be ashamed of, or play Domi, people tend to be more forgiving in there and the snowball(starting to own a team and having more gold/itens than the other team) concept doesn't apply much in there.

Watch Streams!!! Thats how I learned ! Watch TPA best team in the world in season 2 !

Deleted
    So I did what I should have a long time ago, I manned up and joined a draft game and I got team captain.. I straight on admitted it was my first game in draft and asked the others for help on what to ban / pick and it went great, nobody raged or went gg loss, they helped me out and we actually won the game..

So thanks for the comments guys, really helped, I'm off for more games.

That's pleasantly surprising to hear. Glad you had one of those games.

Good luck!

people call you bad yet you have won 70% of games? Sounds like they are mad because they are bad
    게임 은 어렵~~

Get to know champs and what to avoid, and play just a little more. And ignore those whinning haters, who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best ways to improve are to practice more, or to watch some pro streams. With emphasis on the practicing. It just takes a lot of games before you get to know everything. As for draft, yes it's intimidating the first few times if you don't know who is usually banned and what not, but if you have a friend that you play with duo with them. That goes for than draft. If you have friends that play LoL, play with them. It makes the game much more fun, and much more enjoyable. Also it's less people that might rage at you.

Just keep going, keep going!!!

More serious, just play, play, play and ignore flamers. Dont even try respond and every game will be fun (even when losing).

just play the game. Key being that its a GAME. Those that rage like my 15 year old son "who gets smacked on the back of the head for raging" need to relax and remember this is not real life and death when our characters die.

Deleted
    Another thing for you to keep in mind (in don't know if you are already doing this): Try to find some Champions you like to play and work on mastering them. By staying on a "select few" at first you get to know the strength' and weaknesses of your champions as well as the champions you are typically laned against. That Nautilus keeps killing you? Read up on this champ, learn his way of play and counter him. Thats how I picked up some knowledge. Try to find flaws in your play, work on them and (most important) ignore all the flameboys. I really mean 'ignore'. Put them out of your chat. The blabbering just draws your attention, you fell like you have to respond, you think about what they said and lose (loose?) even more fokus.