Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JW1984BE View Post
    I have no idea what's going on. Can anyone translate this to casualish?
    They made some enchants work better. In the case they might not, make sure to tell Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeller View Post
    Elemental Force has 10 Real PPM? Let me calculate that for a 5 seconde interval of procs with 22% haste:
    10(ppm) * 1,22(haste) * 5(time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 101,67%
    You proc all the time, how is this system better?
    You're assuming you do 1 attack every 5 seconds.

Auto attack on a typical 2H weapon (3.6 seconds):
    10(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 3.6 (time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 73.2%

Assuming cast time of 2.5s:
    10(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 2.5 (time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 50.83%

While this may still seem high, it only does an average of 3k damage per proc.

Deleted
    Guess i'm still going to keep my heartsong.

Quote Originally Posted by Udeze View Post
    You're assuming you do 1 attack every 5 seconds.

Auto attack on a typical 2H weapon (3.6 seconds):
    10(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 3.6 (time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 73.2%

Assuming cast time of 2.5s:
    10(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 2.5 (time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 50.83%

While this may still seem high, it only does an average of 3k damage per proc.
    Even this is wrong... You're only going off auto attacks and not special attacks / dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz64 View Post
    Even this is wrong... You're only going off auto attacks and not special attacks / dots.
    Realistically, for most classes, your "last chance to proc" is never going to be higher than a GCD except during movement. Classes with DoTs/HoTs will have even more frequent "last chance to proc"s.

So:

10*1.22*1.5/60=30.5%

But that's only counting GCDs of 1.5 and ignoring auto-attacks.

Then look at a DW Frost DK:
    20 Blood Plague and 20 Frost Fever ticks per minute.
    ~23 White attacks per weapon (2.6 speed)
    60 GCDs= 123 chances per minute or 1 proc chance every 0.48s on average.

So 10*1.22*0.48/60=9.76% proc chance per weapon enchant (this is actually wrong because a frost DK would never have that low of haste).

Anyway, that works out to 12 procs per minute.

Flip that to a movement heavy fight where you only attack once every 5 seconds with no DoTs.

10*1.22*5/60=1.01666 =12 procs per minute.

This is true genius by Blizzard. These enchants will have roughly equal value in every situation with a large boost in haste heavy situations.

Also makes it really easy to theorycraft the value of Elemental force. It's simply 10*Highest attack speed modifier*3000/60=DPS gain. In my DK example, it'd be 10*1.22*3000/60=610 DPS.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2012-10-16 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    "useful enchant for all classes and specs"
    /looks down at his lord blastington's scope, looks up quizzically.
    Someone better do some therorycrafting on this. Windsong has a 24-second uptime whereas Blastington has a 10-second uptime per minute

Anyone else think 2 ppm is BS for windsong? My war has had all 3 up at once multiple times in a min, there is generally always 1, often 2, different procs up at once. And its it seriously broken for certain things like a lock casting rejuv for symbosis. My lock friend tried 50 straight casts of rejuv and it procced 100% of the time.

Edit: This is in pvp, with 1 2hander.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz64 View Post
    The Maths in that isn't wrong, I even stated that it would be for auto attacks + the cast time of a typical filler spell for DPS casters. The math was meant to be simple and not definitive, only to show that the enchant would not proc all the time.