Heating Up question

I'm leveling my mage to pvp with, I'm trying fire. I'm guessing a good combo is inferno blast, combustion, inferno blast, pyroblast. But sometimes I lose my first heating up proc, what would it be used up for? Do dots use it or something?

Deleted
    You lose your Heating up if your next direct damage spell won't crit. That's why you should wait for Heating up then IB -> pyro -> combustion.

if the direct damage of combustion won't crit you will lose heating up.

Arrow

right. basically, open with your casted spells and then any instants. always open with a casted = rule of thumb 99% of the time.
    edit: for pve, when mobs aren't already chasing you down

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    I'm leveling my mage to pvp with, I'm trying fire. I'm guessing a good combo is inferno blast, combustion, inferno blast, pyroblast. But sometimes I lose my first heating up proc, what would it be used up for? Do dots use it or something?
    Sorry man not even close to being a good combo.
    Never Pyro without the instant buff.
    Save IB until you have a heating up proc.

The shatter mechanic makes things really interesting for fire mages and allows us crazy burst windows with our procs. An example of a good combo is:

Nova
    Scorch ---> Instant Glyphed Deep Freeze *Heating Up
    Inferno Blast *Pyro! (in Deep Freeze)
    Pyroblast *Heating Up (in Deep Freeze)
    Combust *Pyro! (in Deep Freeze)
    Pyroblast *Heating up (in Deep Freeze)
    Inferno Blast (Combustion resets the cd of this)
    Pyroblast

This should all happen within a few seconds and if you are geared almost kills most classes from full. I takes a bit of practice to know when to implement and how to use correctly.

Edit: This is for PVP, PVE is a different matter.
    Last edited by Straferight; 2012-10-16 at 07:04 AM.