Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Maybe coming back to Rift again.

Here I am. Quit WoW for over 1 year ago after 2 years playing it. SWTOR isn't fun. Tried to sub twice again, been waiting for GW2 for over 1 year, and I have already quit it. Haven't played it for 3 weeks now. I began playing Rift after WoW. I was fun, but I quit, came back again. played for 2-3 months, quit because I waited for GW2. During this summer I subed for 1 month, but I only played it for like 2 days and It was boring because the servers were all empty. Now I am here again. My fingers wants to go and continue playing Rift, but I am not sure yet :s How is the population? I like to raid as well. That is what I think I miss. I want to raid. Get sweet epic gear with my guild. Progressing trough stuff etc
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-10-15 at 07:57 PM.

Game will explode in population this expansion. No need to worry about that. Game is greatly improved since Rift V1 and I think this "rebirth" of Rift will see a lot of old players return and stay for good.

It is in a bit of a lull at the moment as people anxiously await the release of the expansion. Good time to level up, though, get some gear. Many early raids are Puggable.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    How is the population? I like to raid as well.
    Which region are you? EU I would say go Icewatch or Blightweald, US I would say Deepwood or Faeblight.

Here I am. Quit WoW for over 1 year ago after 2 years playing it. SWTOR isn't fun. Tried to sub twice again, been waiting for GW2 for over 1 year, and I have already quit it. Haven't played it for 3 weeks now. I began playing Rift after WoW. I was fun, but I quit, came back again. played for 2-3 months, quit because I waited for GW2. During the summer I subed for 1 month, but I only played it for like 2 days and It was boring because the servers were all empty. Now I am here again. My fingers wants to go and continue playing Rift, but I am not sure yet :s How is the population? I like to raid as well.
    Server consolidations have dramatically increased populations on Rift. if you're EU then you'd find most English speaking players are either on Icewatch or blightweald, and super clustered with french and german servers. US servers such as deepwood are very strong and alive.

Rift allows you transfer your character for free (with a 1 week CD) so you can always migrate without paying to any realm of your choice.

as for raiding in Rift, well.. there's no competitor in the MMO sphere at the moment from both quality and quantity perspective. 10 and 20 man raids are seperate, with unique bosses and mechanics, so balance is easier to achieve.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Will the expansion involve new max level ?
    I am on EU
    I did raid a lot this spring. nearly did all raids available at the time. Quit when the new raid was released, the one which you needed earth resistance for

Yes. Level cap raised to 60, 2 new continents, each one the size of the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Game will explode in population this expansion. No need to worry about that. Game is greatly improved since Rift V1 and I think this "rebirth" of Rift will see a lot of old players return and stay for good.

It is in a bit of a lull at the moment as people anxiously await the release of the expansion. Good time to level up, though, get some gear. Many early raids are Puggable.
    I am SERIOUSLY not looking forward to dealing with Pure sanbox players who pick up a themepark, then cry it is not Sandboxy enough or pricks who unsub on the spot because the their armor does not match.

Right now the game is made up of some pretty cool people and relatively helpful community. My biggest headache is going to be reading the comments from GW2 players coming back to Rift crying about class balance.

Or WoW players crying about the new 7-10 button rotations being too complicated when these changes were done to appease them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new RIFT sounds amazing from what I've heard about it. I haven't played since the River of Souls or whatever patch (1.2 I think); quit after the event was over. I think I might try it again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Or WoW players crying about the new 7-10 button rotations being too complicated when these changes were done to appease them.
    Wait WTF really?!?!?!?! You mean you are not looking forward to people crying about the same exact thing you were just crying about last week?

My biggest headache is going to be reading the comments from GW2 players coming back to Rift crying about class balance.
    Hai guys, just returned from GW2. Why can't I use a Flamethrower Kit or drop Turrets?

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    I am SERIOUSLY not looking forward to dealing with Pure sanbox players who pick up a themepark, then cry it is not Sandboxy enough or pricks who unsub on the spot because the their armor does not match.

Right now the game is made up of some pretty cool people and relatively helpful community. My biggest headache is going to be reading the comments from GW2 players coming back to Rift crying about class balance.

Dude who gives a shit? Really how long have you been playing this game get some thick skin and grow a set. Expect some "drive by" trolls. Report them and move on if it's on this site. It's frigging game if people don't like it they move on and the players who do will stick around. The game is 1 1/2+ years old with it's first expansion around the corner and the game has weathered the initial "ZoMG DiS GAmEZ iS bAD!!!11111" Don't let the internet meanies scare you. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Hai guys, just returned from GW2. Why can't I use a Flamethrower Kit or drop Turrets?

LOL....The new rogue flame thrower ability looks really bad ass it seems like it's got like a 30 yard or more range when I seen it in action. Video doesn't do it justice.

Roll Tactician, Huehuehue.

;3

Deleted
    Before I even consider coming back...How are warlocks/warlock-necros at 1v1 ? Still shit vs. melee like when I left ?

Deleted
    Have they done anything about having 10 to 15 different abilities that can be macroed into 3 buttons while remaining 98% effective? I can understand wanting to cut down the number of buttons you use a bit (especially as I played a Riftstalker tank with like, 5 different types of teleport), but the amount you could chain together in 1 macro was ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Dude who gives a shit? Really how long have you been playing this game get some thick skin and grow a set. Expect some "drive by" trolls. Report them and move on if it's on this site. It's frigging game if people don't like it they move on and the players who do will stick around. The game is 1 1/2+ years old with it's first expansion around the corner and the game has weathered the initial "ZoMG DiS GAmEZ iS bAD!!!11111" Don't let the internet meanies scare you. Just saying.
    Last time I checked:

GW2 was about to kill Rift
    Pandaria was about to kill Rift
    TERA was about to kill Rift
    TOR was about to kill Rift

I'm still wondering why we're all here posting about a game that's been killed 4 times.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Have they done anything about having 10 to 15 different abilities that can be macroed into 3 buttons while remaining 98% effective?
    With a vengeance.

I was thinking about returning to rift recently also. I love coming back to games during expansion so you can level up and start over with everyone without being too beinh ( in terms of gear). The new mage soul sounds badass...

Actually you can use a flame throwers in Tactician soul. I specifically think Tactician was made to distract returning GW2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Have they done anything about having 10 to 15 different abilities that can be macroed into 3 buttons while remaining 98% effective? I can understand wanting to cut down the number of buttons you use a bit (especially as I played a Riftstalker tank with like, 5 different types of teleport), but the amount you could chain together in 1 macro was ridiculous...

See the other thread with me bitching in full paragraphs. We are losing this argument and have resorted to using straw man debates using handicap player to our advantage

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-feedback.html

^ see above for links to optimal rotations and builds now

Warlord dps rotation has more buttons then a Warlock in WoW

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-feedback.html

^ see above for links to optimal rotations and builds now

Warlord dps rotation has more buttons then a Warlock in WoW
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...aragon-st.html

7 keybinds

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...riftblade.html

6 keybinds

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ivability.html

looks like 6 keybinds

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-champion.html

looks like 6 keybinds

Unless I was reading all of those wrong, I don't see how that's "SO MANY KEYBINDS", it's just that the rotation itself requires some practice to memorize.

Here I am. Quit WoW for over 1 year ago after 2 years playing it. SWTOR isn't fun. Tried to sub twice again, been waiting for GW2 for over 1 year, and I have already quit it. Haven't played it for 3 weeks now. I began playing Rift after WoW. I was fun, but I quit, came back again. played for 2-3 months, quit because I waited for GW2. During this summer I subed for 1 month, but I only played it for like 2 days and It was boring because the servers were all empty. Now I am here again. My fingers wants to go and continue playing Rift, but I am not sure yet :s How is the population? I like to raid as well. That is what I think I miss. I want to raid. Get sweet epic gear with my guild. Progressing trough stuff etc
    Game is pretty boring, same old stuff nothing new. If you didn't like it before more than likely you still won't. Just my opinion.