Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Game is pretty boring, same old stuff nothing new. If you didn't like it before more than likely you still won't. Just my opinion.

Not sure if srs....Anyways that's exactly my feeling about MoP. Funny how we all have our own opinions of games.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    7 keybinds
    Pfff, I have more than that now for my mage rotation: Flamebolt, Dark Touch, Countdown/Searing Vitality macro, Life Leech, Void Bolt, Internalize Charge, Sacrifice Life: Damage, Defile, Cinderburst. Nine, and that's just my DPS rotation stuff, nevermind my utility stuff!

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 10:55 PM ----------

Just my opinion.
    Which is based on sweet fuck all, amirite?

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Or WoW players crying about the new 7-10 button rotations being too complicated when these changes were done to appease them.
    Yeah, Trion were like, let's appease players who don't play this game by not making content, but a technical change that will make all rotations as anti-macro as the mage ones. That'll reel them in!

Also what Azuri said. And Lathais.

Game is pretty boring, same old stuff nothing new. If you didn't like it before more than likely you still won't. Just my opinion.
    But it's not the same old stuff. It's 11 patches of adding new stuff like Mentoring, IA and Conquest(that's actually all 1 patch). The expansion is hitting in less than a month bringing a slew of new things like Hunt Rifts, Carnage and Dimensions to name a few. Lots of new stuff. If you didn't like it before, you may like some of the new stuff. Your opinion is based on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    With a vengeance.
    Boo, that was one of the things I enjoyed the most about Rift: Dead simple rotations (in most cases) that yielded good results and involved 2-3 good macros and a few supplemental things bound so you could use them on demand. How bad is the damage? Hopefully NOT like WoW's bastardized "priority" system, which I hate with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Boo, that was one of the things I enjoyed the most about Rift: Dead simple rotations (in most cases) that yielded good results and involved 2-3 good macros and a few supplemental things bound so you could use them on demand. How bad is the damage? Hopefully NOT like WoW's bastardized "priority" system, which I hate with a passion.
    What has been broken is the system used before whereby 10 abilities would be combined into a single macro and spammed to death. the 2-3 good macros you are referring to would still be in place (i.e, you can combine 2 dots into an active/inactive macro to save space and allow you to cast that only when/if your dots fall off a boss).
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    What has been broken is the system used before whereby 10 abilities would be combined into a single macro and spammed to death. the 2-3 good macros you are referring to would still be in place (i.e, you can combine 2 dots into an active/inactive macro to save space and allow you to cast that only when/if your dots fall off a boss).
    This does eliminate the people who do put things into 10 macros then cry when they are constantly out of power. Now only one ability goes off and the rest are ignored. Doing complex rotations and somehow making it work for these RIft bosses is going to be the fun part.

RIFT has improved ten-fold. Tons, and tons of content added since launch via 11+ patches already. I enjoy it a heck of a lot more than WoW and Guild Wars 2...which btw, I know some people who are actually getting away from GW2 because they're bored to tears of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I won't lie to you, I'm not a huge huge fan of having a simple rotation turned into something complex (5-8 buttons, say), at least not for the sake of leveling up or mindless grinding. In terms of pushing every ounce of damage out of your spec, that's something else entirely, and something I have no complaints over. Like Antipathy mentions, macros are still usuable, but you're not going to cram one with 10 abilities and spam your 1 button until the mob falls. Instead, you'd be looking at (generic example) 5 macros with 2-4 abilities each, some of which are situational (say a ranged attack tied in to your melee strikes, so if you're out of range, you cast instead of swing) or a CD to pop before your attack.

There was a lot of fun to be had with say, a 3 button Shaman build, but with the number of complaints I've seen from would-be players on this forum alone, the changes are likely for the best.

As it's still PTR content and Beta, there's bound to be some alterations, though nothing game-altering at this point.

Deleted
    Rift has improved a lot past few months, mainly quality of life improvements, but still. Rift 2.0(Expansion) will be giving you plenty of stuff to do till you are bored.

I hopped on last night to one of my sub 20s (via RiftLite) just to see how the game felt. I was surprised that warfront took almost half an hour to pop in prime time and it ended up being just a 5v5. Then tried the instant adventures, which at that level was just some of the quests I had done on many a character before, but it was quick and easy so I imagine a lot of people are just leveling that way these days.

One question I did have for the xpac coming up, will all the existing raids become obsolete with the addition of 10 new levels? Is it basically a clean slate going forward and you would only go back for fun? I never got into the raiding side of things due to guild/friends/play time issues. I've heard a lot of great things about it and a fresh start may be a good time to get into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much a fresh start BUT you can mentor your level down if you really want to experience old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post
    I hopped on last night to one of my sub 20s (via RiftLite) just to see how the game felt. I was surprised that warfront took almost half an hour to pop in prime time and it ended up being just a 5v5. Then tried the instant adventures, which at that level was just some of the quests I had done on many a character before, but it was quick and easy so I imagine a lot of people are just leveling that way these days.

One question I did have for the xpac coming up, will all the existing raids become obsolete with the addition of 10 new levels? Is it basically a clean slate going forward and you would only go back for fun? I never got into the raiding side of things due to guild/friends/play time issues. I've heard a lot of great things about it and a fresh start may be a good time to get into it.
    Not a lot of people at those lower levels, hence the que time. PvP players are leveling fast with IA to get to CQ to get PvP geared, or jsut not playing until the expansion.

Not really sure yet. There may still be weeklys that send you there, due to the mentoring system you can set your level to 50 and go run them. Not sure if there are any plans for that, or retuning them based on that, or anything, but it is a possibility. I have not heard anything and am not in the alpha/beta so have no info, and if I did, I'd be under NDA anyway.

My bet is they will find some way to make it relevant at 60 though. So far, they have not shown themselves to be the type that throws away good content.