Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    If you EF someone who already has the HoT running, it just overwrites.
    I tried switching out SS for EF, and I'm quite happy with it. Although in some cases I really miss the massive heals of a regular WoG, but then it's usually because somebody else screwed up badly, and I'll just have to use other panic heals to save their bacon.
    I've tried using EF with Divine Purpose, but the procs seem a bit too unreliable for my taste so I'm considering switching to either Sanctified Wrath or Holy Avenger. I'm mostly leaning towards Sanctified Wrath though. Downside is that it's a 3 min cd, but 50% reduced cd on HS, combined with EF, sounds nice. I love Holy Avenger as Retri, but as Holy I just have trouble generating HP fast enough as I only get that from HS and HR, and I'm having severe mana issues so my use of HR is quite sparse. :/

Yeah WoG for prot is reactive, dont take eternal flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogul View Post
    but as Holy I just have trouble generating HP fast enough as I only get that from HS and HR, and I'm having severe mana issues so my use of HR is quite sparse. :/
    Have you tried sitting in melee range auto attacking and using crusader strike? I do that in my raids and logs say that on average seal of insight was restoring ~85k mana over the duration of the fight.

I was getting 100k+ every attempt on garajal (Didnt go down into totem at all, finished fight at 50% mana), got up to 160k on spirit kings, 80k on feng etc. It is really worth auto attacking the bosses for that extra mana regen. Also crusader strike (As mentioned by someone in another thread) is a GREAT way of getting more holy power, even if you only use it during Holy Avenger. Mine has a 4.3 second cooldown and Holy Shock on 6 so that is a lot of HP in that time.

Just a few things to think over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockylobster View Post
    Have you tried sitting in melee range auto attacking and using crusader strike? I do that in my raids and logs say that on average seal of insight was restoring ~85k mana over the duration of the fight.
    So you spent most of the mana you gained using CS.

(I agree auto attacking seems pretty powerful for periods of downtime, just not pushing the mana gained into CS)

Well the CS allowed me to cast more EF/LoD which increased my healing as a result. You dont HAVE to CS but if youre not having too many mana problems it helps. OR as I mentioned, if you do it during the Holy Avenger you wont be casting it often (~4 casts depending on haste) which isnt a lot of mana for the amount of holy power you would get.

EF transferring to the tank is one of the reasons it outdoes sacred shield for tank healing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    sacred only costs mana
    SS only costs a GCD. It was changed at some point in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    SS only costs a GCD. It was changed at some point in the beta.
    The mana cost was insignificant anyway, so pretty much the same thing

It's worth noting that EF's hot ticks proc your mastery, can crit, and heal your beacon target when sacred shield can do none of these things.

EF's problem lays largely in how not compelling it is for ret, and it's limitations in regards to prot. For holy, the discussion is a little more gray, I find EF superior in smaller groups, but once you enter raids it gets pushed aside more and more in favour of LoD.