Thread: Priorities

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I think venting in that thread/post/whatever is supremely pointless, but if I were paying a subscription and the devs were being that tight lipped I can see myself wanting to vent somewhere that the community team might read it.
    I'm not sure if I would be. Wanting to vent that is. I rather doubt that anyone "still" paying to play TOR is under any delusions about what the game is and will be. If you're still paying for TOR because you're holding out for multiplayer pvp and pve space content? Well, its long past time for a reality check. I figure the vast majority at this point are paying for TOR because they like the game as it is. Of course you'll always have a heaping helping of trolls and griefers peppering the comments, but its long past time to expect any major changes from this game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    What has one to do with the other? I rarely check their facebook page but when I do, I see random questions like that.. so it's not that this is the only communication in months or so. Haters gonna hate, no matter what the question would have been and calling a game which is perfectly playable as "being in a terrible state" you should probably get your priorities right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    You're howling at the moon. Your last 40 posts or so seem to indicate that you're currently mad at BW for every single thing. Focus your anger or else risk squandering it .
    Yes, both of you have such a wealth of experience to continue with the disrespectful overuse of the 'hater' labeling. I should disregard your posts outright. Let me clarify that 'terrible state' does not mean the game has somehow become not what it was. I should have been more specific to say that the way it is being run is what causes it. You are blind to what is going on, so I don't expect you to even understand that.

This fluff should continue imo. On Facebook. However I'd like Bioware to communicate much more often on the actual game's development/future beyond vague prophesies of greatness.
    Thank you so much for going back a mere 40 posts, when I have over a thousand. That clearly shows that you, who I've never seen on this forum before know exactly how I feel. /sarcasm

Funny how you in one paragraph basically call me a hater for disagreeing with this 'fluff' (your words) and then say they should communicate more. Funny, but that's exactly what I said. This is the time they should be doing that. Thinking that a company should bury their head in the sand and pretend like nothing is happening is terrible. I'm glad you aren't in charge of any PR.

To think that one form of communication should be separate and for 'fluff', while the other forms are the only outlet for official communication is also silly. I use silly, because the words I want to use are too harsh for the forums.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm not sure if I would be. Wanting to vent that is. I rather doubt that anyone "still" paying to play TOR is under any delusions about what the game is and will be. If you're still paying for TOR because you're holding out for multiplayer pvp and pve space content? Well, its long past time for a reality check. I figure the vast majority at this point are paying for TOR because they like the game as it is. Of course you'll always have a heaping helping of trolls and griefers peppering the comments, but its long past time to expect any major changes from this game.
    I think people underestimate the 'emotional' toll that things like this take on people. I mean think about how people talk about the new Star Wars movies or the latest Indiana Jones. People carry a burning anger for Lucas that seems it will never be abated. I don't know if it's because their childhood has been bastardized or because Lucas continues to haunt us with mistakes to something that should be incredible.

Who knows.

Edit: Though I'm not one to post useless drivel there, because it is not the place. It amounts to nothing in the end. It's why I came here to discuss issues with their overall communication, using this as a recent highlight. I put my comments in my messages when I cancel a sub/surveys. If they don't listen, that's their business.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-10-16 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Zing!

But they didn't have Facebook either : (

I'm sure they would have been on the Twitters talking mad trash all day if they had social media in the future.
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

sorry couldn't help myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....

sorry couldn't help myself
    Ehh...wibbley wobbley, timey wimey stuff.

I'm sure you know that's not true.

Yes they need to give us an update on the 'super secret space project' as Bioware called it but after that poll by Stephen Reid on the official forums we've heard Bioware mention the space project 5 times. Once to say that the project was NOT the incoming 10 new space missions but something else entirely ('revolutionary and completely different pixel space' was Daniel Erickson's hint a few months back).

The last mention of the new space project was in late august. Do we need more info? Heck yes but to say they never mentioned it again is wrong.
    Ah yes. They took time out of their day to tell us its still secret.

How generous of them.

I'm so moved.

I forgive them for everything.

This makes up for the 8 months of rail shooter.

And insulting the player base over them wanting 3d space.

Totally.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I wouldn't rename them. I would scrap them and make Coruscant and Dromund Kaas the main social/city hubs like they should have been from the start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes, both of you have such a wealth of experience to continue with the disrespectful overuse of the 'hater' labeling. I should disregard your posts outright. Let me clarify that 'terrible state' does not mean the game has somehow become not what it was. I should have been more specific to say that the way it is being run is what causes it. You are blind to what is going on, so I don't expect you to even understand that.

Thank you so much for going back a mere 40 posts, when I have over a thousand. That clearly shows that you, who I've never seen on this forum before know exactly how I feel. /sarcasm

Funny how you in one paragraph basically call me a hater for disagreeing with this 'fluff' (your words) and then say they should communicate more. Funny, but that's exactly what I said. This is the time they should be doing that. Thinking that a company should bury their head in the sand and pretend like nothing is happening is terrible. I'm glad you aren't in charge of any PR.

To think that one form of communication should be separate and for 'fluff', while the other forms are the only outlet for official communication is also silly. I use silly, because the words I want to use are too harsh for the forums.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:30 AM ----------

I think people underestimate the 'emotional' toll that things like this take on people. I mean think about how people talk about the new Star Wars movies or the latest Indiana Jones. People carry a burning anger for Lucas that seems it will never be abated. I don't know if it's because their childhood has been bastardized or because Lucas continues to haunt us with mistakes to something that should be incredible.

Who knows.

Edit: Though I'm not one to post useless drivel there, because it is not the place. It amounts to nothing in the end. It's why I came here to discuss issues with their overall communication, using this as a recent highlight. I put my comments in my messages when I cancel a sub/surveys. If they don't listen, that's their business.
    Ah I see that you're being emotional. Not to worry. I'll break it down simply so you don't pop an artery.

Please re-read my posts. Slowly this time. I suggested you focus your annoyances as you seem to be angry at everything BW announce. It was a suggestion and not an order. Calm down please.

I actually agreed with you about their lack of 'desired' communication'. I just found it silly to rage about their Facebook question of the day. TOR have used Facebook for fluff for months now. Upteen 'questions of the day'. The Developer Tracker on their official forums is the only place to get all new pertinent info...and always has been. I was stating my opinion that that specific QoTD was indeed harmless. It was not insulting our intelligence. It was the same as what many other MMOs use Facebook for.

In my humble opinion you were grossly exaggerating. Just in case it wasn't clear I don't believe you to be a 'hater'. You have your reasons but this latest crusade against today's Facebook question seems a bit weak.

P.S. You have no idea who I am, what experience I have nor what profession I am in so please try not to jump to conclusions, thank you.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Ah yes. They took time out of their day to tell us its still secret.

How generous of them.

I'm so moved.

I forgive them for everything.

This makes up for the 8 months of rail shooter.

And insulting the player base over them wanting 3d space.

Totally.
    I think you're right. Unless my sarcasm detector is on the blink again that is, lol.

I find the level of communication on the TOR forums to be terrible. I have said so here and on swtor.com since June 2011. It's always been terrible imo. Why they won't release details of the space project is annoying and, for a JTL addict like me, it's frustrating as hell. However I was pointing out that they have mentioned the project a few times since ther poll and have in august reassured the playerbase that the project was still in the works. Not even close to what I want to hear but it is being worked on at least.

We'll find out soon I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    I wouldn't rename them. I would scrap them and make Coruscant and Dromund Kaas the main social/city hubs like they should have been from the start.
    I'm all for this idea. I've always thought the fleets were lame, and while super convenient that their layouts are exactly the same (inverted) it doesn't add much flavor. Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are both very distinct cities and would make for much more aesthetically pleasing hubs.

As for the original topic...I have to say I'm in the crowd of a Community Manager posting a harmless question on their Facebook page in order to make it seem like its still active. I see it as more of a, "hey guys we're still here [help us]". =)

On a related note, I was just directed to one of the most depressing discoveries made about the Fleets and their development:
    on a side note, the fleet stations were not added until September of 2011. Instead of going with cantinas as the social hubs, they went with this idea instead. We all pushed for cantinas as social hubs but I guess this was the most time effective solution. Prior to the fleet stations, they were simply small stations that acted as a bridge between the starter worlds and the capital planets.
    Why they would change the very meaning of what it means to be social in the Star Wars universe is beyond me. Include that with sitting in chairs and the RP'ers wouldn't have been able to contain themselves.

Quote is from: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...891478#4891478
    Last edited by OneSent; 2012-10-16 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    On a related note, I was just directed to one of the most depressing discoveries made about the Fleets and their development:

Quote is from: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...891478#4891478
    EA force pushes the game out half a year early.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    EA force pushes the game out half a year early.
    Sad but true.

Many errors in judgement were made imo. With luck things will improve in time.

Deleted
    I'd call the empire 'EA' and the republic 'players' I'd still call their game 'crap'

With luck things will improve in time.
    Everyone left already.

The direction of the game has been made painfully clear with the Acquisition event and the hk-51.

This is going to be an iphone game where you collect little items over a few hours and get a shiny item.

I guess the whole competing against dragonvale in that awards thing makes sense now.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by haushan View Post
    i'd call the empire 'ea' and the republic 'players' i'd still call their game 'crap'
    you so clever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haushan View Post
    I'd call the empire 'EA' and the republic 'players' I'd still call their game 'crap'
    I'd say that they dropped the ball on many issues. They had the largest budget in gaming history. They had 5-6 years of time. They had one of the largest gaming IP's around. They came up with this version of their dream. I will never understand how but then again I don't have many of the important facts to help me do so.

Still enjoy the game and still enjoy thinking about what it may become.

SWG 2.0 It isn't...but I still have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my humble opinion you were grossly exaggerating. Just in case it wasn't clear I don't believe you to be a 'hater'. You have your reasons but this latest crusade against today's Facebook question seems a bit weak.

P.S. You have no idea who I am, what experience I have nor what profession I am in so please try not to jump to conclusions, thank you.
    It's not about the question. Please look at a bigger picture before you throw petty insults in my direction. Also, I would like to know what conculsions I jumped to about your experience and profession. Since you must not understand the use of sarcasm, let me explain to you how saying "I'm glad you aren't in charge of PR" is a direct response to your viewpoints expressed in this thread regarding the issue at hand and has nothing to do with your life.

Please don't act like we are in middle school, these threads were decent enough to remain sheltered from that garbage in the other forums. With that being said, I'm not going to continue to bicker with you and bring the Wrath of the Thorgi.

You have a different opinion that you are entitled to. Stop chastising and insulting everyone who disagrees with you, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    /snip. Stop chastising and insulting everyone who disagrees with you, thanks.
    Never seen a more clear example of pot...kettle...black. Amazing stuff.

Ok it's clear that we don't agree. I believe that your thread and your current complaint is frivolous. Nothing more, nothing less. If I gave the impression I meant more than that then I appologize.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I gave the impression I meant more than that then I appologize.
    Samesies. /10char

Yes they need to give us an update on the 'super secret space project' as Bioware called it but after that poll by Stephen Reid on the official forums we've heard Bioware mention the space project 5 times. Once to say that the project was NOT the incoming 10 new space missions but something else entirely ('revolutionary and completely different pixel space' was Daniel Erickson's hint a few months back).

The last mention of the new space project was in late august. Do we need more info? Heck yes but to say they never mentioned it again is wrong.
    At this point in time I'd be very surprised if any major new features ever get added to the game. Especially when the people you mention aren't even working for the company anymore. But we'll have a better idea of the life of the game after its transition to free to play is complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    But we'll have a better idea of the life of the game after its transition to free to play is complete.
    Or even communicated in futher detail at all. This is kinda the whole point of this thread. We are 2 weeks out from November and they have given no other updates on F2P. They may think a nifty little chart, with ever changing legal mumbo jumbo is a sufficient explanation for what is about to happen to this game, but it clearly is not.

Honestly, you only follow/look at the main swtor twitter account/facebook page if you want info on server maintenance or blog posts... but mostly it is random question time there.

If you want real news/communication you follow @TullyAckland, @Musco, @Joveth, @CourtneyWoods, and @K0h4ku. They also post all news on their accounts as well so there really is no need to even bother following the main swtor account =/